I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
@palandri and @N_LaRUE
Great collaboration between you two, looks great.

It really is great to see how the thread grows and gets larger day by day. Its a great source and now we reached a point where we see great new food on a daily basis.
Really honored to be a part of it. Now enough sentimentality, let's keep it going.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
A Filipino delicacy- beef Tapa for lunch. And big bottle of Calamansi juice.

jeharese.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140430_19_23_54_Pro.jpg
Scallop Griller (Outback again)
Wife couldn't wait for the beauty shot...LOL

WP_20140430_19_23_59_Pro.jpg
Tilapia topped with crab lump.
Fries included I usually bring fries home for the dawgs :smile:

The seafood at the Outback near our home is exemplary.
Their wild salmon is my favorite.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Claim Jumper's have the biggest portions for every dish. I think their salad could feed my family for a week:)

We have the Claim Jumper right close here.
Used to go there quite a bit.
Last time in there we really had a bad experience with service.
I mean it really ruined the evening...never had this happen there previously.

I guess we'll have to give them another chance.

This place is\was my favorite restaurant of all time:
North Woods Inn | Clearman's Restaurants

Haven't been there in a very long time...always a fun place to go.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
@palandri and @N_LaRUE
Great collaboration between you two, looks great.

It really is great to see how the thread grows and gets larger day by day. Its a great source and now we reached a point where we see great new food on a daily basis.
Really honored to be a part of it. Now enough sentimentality, let's keep it going.

What really kills me about this thread are the pictures. Look at your burger picture from yesterday, you can just taste it from that picture! :grin:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Great food keeps people coming back, again and again.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Something a little different today.

A Finnish sweet bread, pulla

LOL! You just solved a question that I've wondered about for years, when I read about Pulla bread. This statement from wikipedia puts it all together, ".. Finnish sweet roll or dessert bread flavored with crushed cardamom seeds ,,,. :grin:

My wife's stepmother retired in northern Minnesota. Minnesota has a strong Scandinavian influence. groups like, Sons Of Norway, have a lot of pull up there. Whenever we would go up to Minnesota to visit her, she would always say, "I'll have to make my cardamom rolls, I'll have to make my cardamom rolls". I was always thinking, "What the heck is a cardamom roll? and why is she so hung up on cardamom rolls?" She would also make enough cardamom rolls so we had some to take home. To be honest, I never really liked the flavor of cardamom.

Now it all makes sense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
LOL! You just solved a question that I've wondered about for years, when I read about Pulla bread. This statement from wikipedia puts it all together, ".. Finnish sweet roll or dessert bread flavored with crushed cardamom seeds ,,,. :grin:

My wife's stepmother retired in northern Minnesota. Minnesota has a strong Scandinavian influence. groups like, Sons Of Norway, have a lot of pull up there. Whenever we would go up to Minnesota to visit her, she would always say, "I'll have to make my cardamom rolls, I'll have to make my cardamom rolls". I was always thinking, "What the heck is a cardamom roll? and why is she so hung up on cardamom rolls?" She would also make enough cardamom rolls so we had some to take home. To be honest, I never really liked the flavor of cardamom.

Now it all makes sense.

Cardamon is one of my wife's favourite spices due to her Finnish grandparents, specifically her grandmother. I like it as well. I do believe you have to be careful with it though!

Her grandmother made the loaf and the buns a lot. She was a very good cook apparently, she ran a cafe in Finland. I didn't get the chance to try any of her food though. :/

I've tried a lot of Finnish food and have enjoyed most of it when living in Finland. Say 'makkara' to a Fin and they go mental! :p I can't say I like all the food though. They do have some very bizarre taste combinations. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Cardamon is one of my wife's favourite spices due to her Finnish grandparents, specifically her grandmother. I like it as well. I do believe you have to be careful with it though!

Her grandmother made the loaf and the buns a lot. She was a very good cook apparently, she ran a cafe in Finland. I didn't get the chance to try any of her food though. :/

I've tried a lot of Finnish food and have enjoyed most of it when living in Finland. Say 'makkara' to a Fin and they go mental! :p I can't say I like all the food though. They do have some very bizarre taste combinations. :)

We love cardamom. It is a spice to be used with care. I put cardamom in the rice pilaf. Just a few pods about 5 for 5 cups of cooked rice. I also added whole black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cashews, raisins, cumin, oh an saffron - great aroma and taste along with a hint of salt. The beauty about adding whole spices is that you can remove them after the rice is cooked. And of course the main ingredient is butter, lots of it:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't been to one in about 10 years. I do not like wasting food and rarely eat leftovers when taken back home so that is the reason I don't go to Claim Jumper's. The only two times I went there was for lunch when a supplier would take us out and after a couple of visits I would try and avoid them even if the lunch was free (supplier's treat)....

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So because its the first of May, its bbq day in Europe.
BBQ with family.
WP_20140501_14_05_22_Pro.jpg
Marinated chicken.
WP_20140501_14_15_27_Pro.jpg
Bosnian speciality called Cevapi (meat sticks).
WP_20140501_14_32_30_Pro.jpg
And both together. Yummy!
WP_20140501_14_48_21_Pro.jpg

It`s a paradise for meat lovers, sorry to all vegetarians.
Enjoy.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So because its the first of May, its bbq day in Europe...

May Day in Europe is so much different from our Labor Day in the states, it's Monday, September 1, 2014 in the states.

A couple of years back, I was in France for May Day and I wore one of my IBEW Union T-shirts to a couple of the rallies and I was bombarded with questions about labor unions in the states. There's a real feeling of solidarity in Europe on May Day. We made friends with a lot of other working folks that we still stay in touch with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12