I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sunday Morning Breakfast - Tennessee Pride sausage gravy over biscuits Gravy | Odom's Tennessee Pride
2d9s47q.jpg

Attachments

• sausagegravy.jpg
    sausagegravy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Did you ever in your wildest imagination think you would have this many posts to your food request? I think it is one of the best post on WP Central. Thanks for thinking of it.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Did you ever in your wildest imagination think you would have this many posts to your food request? I think it is one of the best post on WP Central. Thanks for thinking of it.

There's a lot of cooking/food shows on TV nowadays, including a Food channel, and I am sure that helps. I really like Man vs Food Man v. Food Nation: Travel Channel along with Master Chef, Food Paradise, Bizarre Foods and Kitchen Nightmares.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Restaurant Impossible!
Don't watch it as much since it was getting tired with the phony drama.

The show pointed out interesting things in the business there like:
Everything starts on the floors they should always be a compliment ... decorative and spotless.
In a simple hash house or cafe the meal needs to be on the table in 12 minutes.
The kitchen or grill can be visual entertainment and should always be bustling.
Tableware should be substantial but easy to pick up and handle.
Lay the check face down on edge of the table in the middle.
Rocking tables and chairs are a big turn off.
Always offer a glass of water.

...blah blah.

Now I look for these things when we dine out Lol

Amazing how a good chef made kitchen stock can flavor everything from cooked meats to vegetables.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy Man V Food also but sometimes it makes me cringe watching people jamming that much food down there gobbs. I have picked up a few ideas thou. (Not the following)

Breakfast Little Soldiers.
6tag_250814-071929.jpg

Dinner Chicken thighs rolled with Prosciutto, Camembert & Chives. Served with Ratatouille & shaved Parmesan.
6tag_250814-072300.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy Man V Food also but sometimes it makes me cringe watching people jamming that much food down there gobbs.

I have the same problem with it. It's sort of a love hate relationship.

I did have some wonderful food this weekend, didn't take any pics. :/

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Layoff Tuesday - Got a layoff from the contractor I was working for, but it's not a big deal. You go to the Union Hall and sign the out of work list and wait your turn. Took the train home and had McDonald's Sausage Burritos for breakfast

Attachments

• ibew.jpg
    ibew.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • train.jpg
    train.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 4

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Layoff Tuesday - Got a layoff from the contractor I was working for, but it's not a big deal. You go to the Union Hall and sign the out of work list and wait your turn. Took the train home and had McDonald's Sausage Burritos for breakfast

I'm sorry to hear that.
You don't get those packs of hot sauce at any of the McDonalds where I live. They once had those little packs of salt, pepper and even Tabasco (loved it on my Quarterpounders with some pepper) but it seems like people stole too much of them so they stopped providing them :-(

Just some instant pasta with bacon and cream (the dried stuff you need to "cook" with some water). Added some red onions, red bell pepper and a small amount of hot pickled chili pepper to spice it up a bit. Only had a Schnitzel-Semmel and a Extrawurst-Semmel for lunch, which was about 10h ago, so yeah, kinda hungry.

2014_08_26_21_37_41_ProShot[1].jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
We had a lunch and learn today - Pizza, salad and a coke. By the way there was a lunch meeting yesterday and the food was identical so I guess this picture will do just fine for two lunches in a row.

WP_20140826_016.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Bummer, man. I hope you find something soon. I do think you need to get in the business of fixing phones, every day I find it to be more and more interesting. I fixed a co-workers S3 I know it is an Android device and almost considered blasphemy around here but he might agree to fix some complex electrical issues for me so it is a win-win...

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Dinner. Baked Spuds with your choice of fillings. Plenty of butter first is non negotiable.:wink:
Simple, never get complaints & great for using leftovers for fillings.
WP_20140826_001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss