I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ha. What's Organic ice cream?? Does it cost more?

Lol. It's simply very good homemade ice cream without some of the more commerical elements in the ice cream making process. When you're in Park Slope, Brooklyn NY, they throw these fancy labels on things to make it sound more exotic as a part of the branding. Actually that's a "large" two scoops @ $6.25 per container.

All in all, a good eat.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
they throw these fancy labels on things to make it sound more exotic as a part of the branding.
Posted via Xperia Z3

Yes. It's getting a bit out of control these days & people are fooled by these marketing strategies. https://youtu.be/jlqk8oV1FVI
I have even seen Gluten Free Bacon Phnnaa!:smile: I have friends that have decided that somehow they are gluten intolerant all of a sudden & it's to hard to tell them that only 1% suffer from celiac disease.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It's getting a bit out of control these days & people are fooled by these marketing strategies. https://youtu.be/jlqk8oV1FVI
I have even seen Gluten Free Bacon Phnnaa! I have friends that have decided that somehow they are gluten intolerant all of a sudden & it's to hard to tell them that only 1% suffer from celiac disease.
The whole gluten free thing is a farce. It's just what's popular these days. Feeling bloated? You're gluten intolerant. Though bloating can be caused by many many things.

There is some research being done on food intolerance as that's not a medical term typically used. It's a buzz word.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ha. What's Organic ice cream?? Does it cost more?
The term organic is used when industrial farming methods are not used. There are standards that need to be followed to be considered organic. For milk, meat and plants.

Of course the whole organic thing is a silly word to use but that's generally what it means. That's says nothing about the welfare of the animals, in general, but typically they are better treated overall. With plants it means there is no use of industrial made sprays and non GMO.

Whether that matters to you is a different story.

I have a mixed opinion on the whole thing.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Kid wanted some noodles after the Hurricane Harbor trip on Sunday. I gladly obliged. Carrots, mushrooms, spring onions, broccoli, garlic stir fried with Fortune noodles along with soy sauce, vegetarian hoisin sauce and vegetarian mushroom stir fry sauce. Delicious!
WP_20150802_18_48_13_Pro.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Went to lunch with a friend at work to Pei Wei. Last time we had lunch together was almost a year ago:)
Pad thai noodles, extra spicy with vegetables and tofu. Enough said. Quite tasty...
WP_20150803_12_31_32_Pro.jpg

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The term organic is used when industrial farming methods are not used. There are standards that need to be followed to be considered organic. For milk, meat and plants.

Of course the whole organic thing is a silly word to use but that's generally what it means. That's says nothing about the welfare of the animals, in general, but typically they are better treated overall. With plants it means there is no use of industrial made sprays and non GMO.

Whether that matters to you is a different story.

I have a mixed opinion on the whole thing.

Yes I understand. I just had to have a giggle at Ice Cream. Organic by design, Perhaps the Cow was happier than others.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I understand. I just had to have a giggle at Ice Cream. Organic by design, Perhaps the Cow was happier than others.
Well there are some ice creams out there where you would question if a cow was involved at all in the process. That going by taste and ingredients.

I'm not fond of the organic label myself but I can appreciate what it means in this sense when regarding food.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Finnish pizza. Hawaiian style with blue cheese.

c6e170058d3f87417582881336a75d66.jpg

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Oyster omelette and fish in black beans.

Posted via Tapatalk Classic on my 636 build 10166

Attachments

• WP_20150725_13_33_02_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20150725_13_33_02_Pro (2).jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20150725_13_36_11_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20150725_13_36_11_Pro (2).jpg
    1,021 KB · Views: 11

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
This was going to be a Shepard's pie made with leftover Lamb roast but most of the lamb disappeared on sandwiches. So I used what was left & added beef & I also ran out of spuds so I used puff pastry for the top. Added some Sweet Potato chips. 10mins later.. Nothing left. Only tongue marks on the plates.
WP_20150805_20_20_11_Pro.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo