I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with you regarding my lack of creativity when it comes to eating that way. My wife and I have like three veggie recipes that we repeatedly eat. The repetition kills it for me.

I notice that you post a lot of vegan pics here, and they all look really good. I would love to give some of them a go, but without a recipe, I'd be hesitant to try. Maybe we need a thread here where we could post food pics and the recipes that go with them. :)

I'm curious to see what you're going to make, tonight.
It's going to be tomorrow night now as I've been out all day and I'm going to do the easy thing and eat out.

I'll be happy to share any recipes.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you regarding my lack of creativity when it comes to eating that way. My wife and I have like three veggie recipes that we repeatedly eat. The repetition kills it for me.

I notice that you post a lot of vegan pics here, and they all look really good. I would love to give some of them a go, but without a recipe, I'd be hesitant to try. Maybe we need a thread here where we could post food pics and the recipes that go with them. :)

I'm curious to see what you're going to make, tonight.

Same here. I've seen a few folks from time to time on this thread not only post pictures of their food but also the recipes as well. I suppose if there is enough demand what the mods could do is make a separate thread that allows people to post a picture and a recipe for better reference.

Posted via Moto Maxx

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Lunch yesterday...
4812af42a38e2585d3f8e5c136c0554f.jpg

0c5cde146bb5040ef9e2d3fd42232001.jpg

Food is great, we have a new go-to place.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So here's the lunch/dinner meal that's totally vegan.

It uses seitan (pronounced satan, yes, lots of fun with that) which is wheat glutten. Here's the wiki on it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)

So not a great idea if you're not into gluten or can't have it. But it's known as the 'vegan meat'.

We made the seitan into strips and it looks like kebab meat. So you can also do kebabs. You can find seitan already made or it's fairly easy to make yourself, lots of instruction online. You can also marinade it like you do meat to whatever flavours you want.

DSC_0254-01.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Next is of course pizza. This one is vegetarian, not vegan as we used sheep cheese. We turned the seitan into bacon bits to use on the pizza.

DSC_0257-01.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We typically do vegan dinners instead of vegetarian as my wife is allergic to cows milk protein. So we use alternative milks and so on. For those confused between the two, vegans don't use animal derived food at all. Vegetarians will have eggs and milk. Some vegans are also against honey.

If you have mostly a vegetarian diet and have fish you're known as a pescetarian. Though many still call themselves vegetarian. Fish is good to have in your diet as it contains a few things to maintain a healthy brain and body.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out Satan. :D ha ha
In all seriousness, though, what is the texture like when seitan is cooked? Is it like a firm tofu? My wife is very particular about the texture of her food. I'm more about taste, and I'm up for some food experiments. I'll have to look around to see if I can find a store that sells seitan.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out Satan. :D ha ha
In all seriousness, though, what is the texture like when seitan is cooked? Is it like a firm tofu? My wife is very particular about the texture of her food. I'm more about taste, and I'm up for some food experiments. I'll have to look around to see if I can find a store that sells seitan.

I've had good seitan and bad seitan. Generally it's a lot like meat and a well marinated piece turns out nice. It's not like tofu at all.

A lot comes down to cooking of course. You over do it and it's tough, just like meat. Experiment with it though to see what you think. I've had seitan ribs which are quite tasty. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK. Well, it looks like I'm going on a seitan search today. I'm definitely interested.
I've never made pizza dough. I've always assumed that it was difficult to make. It appears that I need to broaden my culinary horizons a bit. Do you use cookbooks and recipes?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
OK. Well, it looks like I'm going on a seitan search today. I'm definitely interested.
I've never made pizza dough. I've always assumed that it was difficult to make. It appears that I need to broaden my culinary horizons a bit. Do you use cookbooks and recipes?

Cookbooks, online, etc... lots around.

Recommend getting a cheap mixer with dough hooks for making dough quickly. I don't mind hand mixing but if you're in a hurry dough hooks are great things.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK. If you have any sites or specific cookbook titles you can share, I'm sure we all would appreciate it. :)

Not meaning to sound lazy. Ha ha
I'm going to do some research on my own, too. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion