02-20-2015 05:29 PM
295 ... 34567 ...
tools
    .....Oh...and I'm in Northwest Arkansas, US.
    That would be a very difficult area. I have a friend who was called out to that area and told me a few things about the area.
    N_LaRUE and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    03-12-2014 09:35 AM
    Ha ha...."difficult" is putting it mildly. lol
    N_LaRUE and palandri like this.
    03-12-2014 09:41 AM
    Ha ha...."difficult" is putting it mildly. lol
    Ouch, that's an interesting place. I haven't been there myself but I've heard things shall we say.
    palandri and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    03-12-2014 09:49 AM
    Well, "interesting" is a nice way of putting it too. ha ha
    Actually, the big corporations here bring in a wide variety of people, but most conform to things pretty quickly once they move into the area. There is a Free Thinkers club here, but everyone is scared to go for fear of job repercussions...including me. It's unfortunate.
    palandri likes this.
    03-12-2014 11:22 AM
    Actually, the big corporations here bring in a wide variety of people, but most conform to things pretty quickly once they move into the area. There is a Free Thinkers club here, but everyone is scared to go for fear of job repercussions...including me. It's unfortunate.
    LOL! That doesn't sound very free thinking to me.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    03-12-2014 11:28 AM
    That is truly sad. What a mess the US is. Well our world in general. :/
    palandri and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    03-12-2014 11:31 AM
    @palandri I hear ya. I've always wanted to go because the few brave people who host the meetings seem to be exactly the kinds of people I'd love to have conversations with. But, if news spread that I, a 5th grade teacher, attended those meetings...I'd be squeezed out of my job fairly quickly. It is very frustrating to have to always bite my tongue. lol

@N_LaRue It really is. And the US is embarrassingly leading the charge right back into the dark ages. ha ha ha Looking at it from my perspective, I've learned that the kids are not scared to think about things with an evidenced-based frame of mind. It's the parents who corrupt the thought process. It's really amazing to me how knowledge and understanding can stir up so much fear and misunderstanding amongst adults. lol
    palandri, N_LaRUE and a5cent like this.
    03-12-2014 12:28 PM
    LOL! Why base your opinion on facts, scientific inquiry, and logical principles, when ignorance is bliss.
    N_LaRUE and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    03-12-2014 12:39 PM
    LOL! Why base your opinion on facts, scientific inquiry, and logical principles, when ignorance is bliss.
    ha ha ha...exactly! :)

I really dislike the person who came up with that "ignorance is bliss" load of feces. lol
    palandri and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-12-2014 01:50 PM
    In my classes, while I do have a specific curriculum to teach, my main goal is to create skeptical, scientific thinkers who pay attention to observations and seek out evidence before making critical belief decisions.
    He's a WITCH! Burn him at the stake!

No forreals, I think the best teacher I ever had was in Berkeley. He taught a class on Race,Class, and Gender. Instead of spoon feeding us information and telling us to crap it out in an exam I always left with tons of questions not knowing which info the professor actually felt was important. A huge portion of the class dropped the course thinking he was a bad/indecisive teacher. I started to appreciate how great he was to make us figure out how the curriculum fits into our realities instead of expecting us to regurgitate points we felt HE wanted to hear. That semester, his class was on my mind the most. After that I realize that a good teacher will have you thinking (and almost confused) after each lesson instead of feeling enlightened because you take everything they say as truth.
    03-12-2014 02:22 PM
    Ha ha ha
    Well, consider yourself fortunate, muneshyne21. Most people never get that kind of teacher, and when they do, they usually don't realize it. Kudos to you for recognizing and taking advantage of your situation.
    03-12-2014 04:56 PM
    I don't recall having a good teacher in school. There were some nice ones but that's not the same. I've often wondered what career I'd be in had one just did the hook right. Then again there were other issues that made things a bit difficult. Such is life.
    palandri likes this.
    03-13-2014 07:03 AM
    Reminder! Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey is on tonight 16-March-2013 The episode is called, "Some of the things that molecules do"
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    03-16-2014 10:19 AM
    Yep...I'm ready. Ordering a pizza for the occasion. :)
    03-16-2014 01:28 PM
    Is it going to be on Hulu?!
    03-16-2014 01:41 PM
    First Direct Evidence of Cosmic Inflation | www.cfa.harvard.edu/

Hehe...since we are getting all sciency I thought this was appropriate. Maybe I should change the title "Rethinking History" to "Verifying History"...
    03-17-2014 07:28 PM
    Excellent episode of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey tonight. I am digging the Oort cloud.
    03-23-2014 11:43 PM
    The series isn't broadcasting here in the UK, well on any of the free channels. It's a real bummer because I'd like to see it.
    palandri likes this.
    03-24-2014 05:27 AM
    Its free on Hulu.com if you get that N_LaRUE
    03-24-2014 02:03 PM
    Its free on Hulu.com if you get that N_LaRUE
    Hulu is US only which means that I have to use a proxy of some sort and I hate doing that. Oh well.
    03-24-2014 02:59 PM
    That sucks.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-26-2014 02:38 AM
    New mini-planet with rings found between Saturn and Uranus called Chariklo: Cosmic collision creates mini-planet with rings – Niels Bohr Institute - University of Copenhagen
    03-26-2014 03:31 PM
    New mini-planet with rings found between Saturn and Uranus called Chariklo: Cosmic collision creates mini-planet with rings €“ Niels Bohr Institute - University of Copenhagen
    I already knew there were two large planet like objects near Uranus...(*rim shot)
    palandri and Guytronic like this.
    03-27-2014 02:21 PM
    Cosmos tonight, how light, time and gravity affect our perception of the universe..
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-30-2014 07:01 PM
    Cosmos tonight, how light, time and gravity affect our perception of the universe..
    Oooo
    Thanx fer the reminder!
    Been trying to catch-up on the FOX website.

Makes me sad that googL and appL have the app nothing for the cool folks
    palandri likes this.
    03-30-2014 07:46 PM
295 ... 34567 ...