Rethinking History

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
DNA Analysis of Elongated Skulls Released & The Results Are Incredible! |Higher Perspective

Couldnt find anything saying this is a hoax but many articles questioning its scientific professionalism. I think the biggest piece of evidence is the skulls themselves that skeptics dismiss immediately. If it was just head deformation the skulls should still have the same volume as a normal human skull. They are much larger than normal. Also the skull plates are completely different than a normal humans. I would consider it an anomaly but they found a bunch of these skulls so its definitely a passed on genetic trait. All in all though, we will only get a better picture of this when the full sequencing is done and the labs are revealed. If that never happens then I guess we have our answer. This guy was really just trying to sell a book.

As a general side, I've always been into unexplained stuff like this. Not because im gullible but because I like it when I cannot logically debunk it right off the bat. Its fun to get mindf*@#ed every now and again. This one, if not eventually proven to be total BS, brings up crazy "What if's" about our past. Star Wars Cantina Scene anyone?

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Ancient Aliens is fun but it also annoys me. I kind of find it an arrogant perspective when they assume people from 4000 years ago were incapable of building a monumental structure. In terms of the idea that aliens might have been around is intriguing but why do we assume people outside of our current civilization were stupid stick poking backwards idiots?

A good program to watch to give perspective on this is Life After People. Basically after 4000k years, most of our civilization will have completely eroded only leaving huge monuments like Mount Rushmore standing. Basically Incas could have had ipods and we would never know since they'd all be turned into dust by now. Hehe... Steve Jaguar Jobs...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ancient Aliens is fun but it also annoys me. I kind of find it an arrogant perspective when they assume people from 4000 years ago were incapable of building a monumental structure. In terms of the idea that aliens might have been around is intriguing but why do we assume people outside of our current civilization were stupid stick poking backwards idiots?

A good program to watch to give perspective on this is Life After People. Basically after 4000k years, most of our civilization will have completely eroded only leaving huge monuments like Mount Rushmore standing. Basically Incas could have had ipods and we would never know since they'd all be turned into dust by now. Hehe... Steve Jaguar Jobs...

Where to start.

I'm not saying we know everything but from what we do know any alien race would probably have to travel for thousands of years to get to us. Meaning they would have to live in space aboard a ship for generations and keep their people alive during that time. Avoiding all the same things we would have to avoid if we traveled on a ship for generations.

Second, no one is saying our early ancestors were idiots. They were doing the best they could with the information they had. We have only existed in our current form for approximately 200,000 years. I mere eye blink in terms of the history of the Earth or universe. We have have come a long way for primate.

Lastly, one of the things wrong with Life After People is that it probably didn't go into exquisite detail about what may or may not exist after 4000 years. To say our ancestors could have had iPods is completely silly. There would still be some trace of advance technology had it existed. With our technology that we have now we would easily detect it.

It's easy to become caught up in 'history' as it's in the past. It's difficult for us to 'see' but we need to work with the information we have. What we have is lots of information and more coming in all the time pointing to the fact that we were a primitive race that became more advanced over time. However, all you need to do is look at the world in a broader sense and you'd see that civilizations on our planet are living in 'various times' right now. We have humans still living in the stone age. With others on different levels of advancement through time and even some more advanced than the US or EU. So we don't need to go looking for the past, it still exists, right now.

If you want to play with time and history you could say with all the movement of the continents and the constant shifts of things and the time on the planet there could easily have been several advance societies that just simply 'disappeared' over time. Problem with that is there is absolutely no trace of them so to say that is to state something without evidence. We can only go on with what evidence we have and be open to what we don't know. But not be so open that our brains fall out. That's the problem I have with aliens, ghosts and other things along conspiracy lines.

Last edited:

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Well said.

I feel programmes like ancient aliens belittle our ingenuity - as though diminishing how extraordinary we really are.

Watched an amazing documentary on bbc three (in the uk) by a Professor Jago Cooper explaining what happened to the people on Easter Island. Slavery and corporate greed (wont look at sheep the same way). And that BS about how the Moai (giant statue heads) got there... Wont spoil it but seriously, the programme team shift a hacked out one they made so easily.... Don't want to spoil it but it puts into perspective the pyramids and how spectacularly clever humans can be. And these people figured out geometry without the Greeks. Just because they are different does not make them savages. And they didn't have to rely on some mythic sky god. They just used the thing between their ears.

Anyway, back to the silliness. There's no evidence of past alien technology because of Dr Who and the Prime Directive. Yup :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well said.

I feel programmes like ancient aliens belittle our ingenuity - as though diminishing how extraordinary we really are.

Watched an amazing documentary on bbc three (in the uk) by a Professor Jago Cooper explaining what happened to the people on Easter Island. Slavery and corporate greed (wont look at sheep the same way). And that BS about how the Moai (giant statue heads) got there... Wont spoil it but seriously, the programme team shift a hacked out one they made so easily.... Don't want to spoil it but it puts into perspective the pyramids and how spectacularly clever humans can be. And these people figured out geometry without the Greeks. Just because they are different does not make them savages. And they didn't have to rely on some mythic sky god. They just used the thing between their ears.

I've seen lots of docos on BBC. I don't recall that one. Was it recent?

Anyway, back to the silliness. There's no evidence of past alien technology because of Dr Who and the Prime Directive. Yup :)

Totally agree with you there. Yup. 100% :p

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
LOL! All because I brought up Ancient Aliens that doesn't mean I believe in every hypothesis they propose on the show. I do watch the show and I find the vast majority of the things they propose pretty far fetched, but I normally find one hypothesis in each show that makes me thinks, "that could be".

Here's what we do know. The universe is about 14 billion years old. Our solar system is about 4.5 billion years old. Dinosaurs existed about 200 million years ago. We think humans have existed for about 200,000 years. There are a lot of gaps there to fill and a lot of other questions like how did the earth end up with so much water. Is the speed of light the speed limit or can space and time be warped.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's what we do know. The universe is about 14 billion years old. Our solar system is about 4.5 billion years old. Dinosaurs existed about 200 million years ago. We think humans have existed for about 200,000 years. There are a lot of gaps there to fill and a lot of other questions like how did the earth end up with so much water. Is the speed of light the speed limit or can space and time be warped.

Earth is about 4.5 billion. The Sun is about 4.6 billion. Humans in our current form have existed for 200,000 but our ancestry goes back to first life about 4.1 billion years ago.

We know that water appears to be abundant in the universe, for example there's water on the moon and ice trails in comets. Why the Earth has as much water as it does could be for several reasons. The water on our planet was here some time ago so a bit impossible to know the exact reason. Other planets and moons in our solar system have water as well. So it's not all that startling to find abundance of water.

There aren't as many gaps as people seem to think. There's always new discoveries and more to learn but the gaps continue to get smaller. As for the idea of worm holes, which you're implying, is apparently theoretically probable but highly unlikely to be utilised on any scale. I recommend looking up Steven Hawking's Universe. There's lots of other resources.

At this stage, as far as we know, the speed of light is constant and there doesn't seem to be anything that goes faster than it.

Hypothesis are great things but at the end of the day, most fail, even in science.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Earth is about 4.5 billion. The Sun is about 4.6 billion. Humans in our current form have existed for 200,000 but our ancestry goes back to first life about 4.1 billion years ago.

Maybe, I certainly wouldn't dismiss it.

We know that water appears to be abundant in the universe, for example there's water on the moon and ice trails in comets. Why the Earth has as much water as it does could be for several reasons. The water on our planet was here some time ago so a bit impossible to know the exact reason. Other planets and moons in our solar system have water as well. So it's not all that startling to find abundance of water.

I don't disagree, especially with, a bit impossible to know the exact reason at this point.

There aren't as many gaps as people seem to think. There's always new discoveries and more to learn but the gaps continue to get smaller. As for the idea of worm holes, which you're implying, is apparently theoretically probable but highly unlikely to be utilised on any scale. I recommend looking up Steven Hawking's Universe. There's lots of other resources.

+1 Oh I like Stephen Hawking. I think I have seen everyone of his shows on the Science channel in the states a couple of times.

At this stage, as far as we know, the speed of light is constant and there doesn't seem to be anything that goes faster than it.

Hypothesis are great things but at the end of the day, most fail, even in science.

I think we actually agree on most things. :cool:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, I certainly wouldn't dismiss it.

I read a lot about science but more towards biology and evolution in particular. There are early vertebrate fossils dating from over 500 million years ago. There is a theory that if this early creature had gone extinct during the mass extinction at the end of the Cambrian period we simply wouldn't be here. Sends chills down one spine but with a history that 99% of all life forms go extinct it's also rather fascinating.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I read a lot about science but more towards biology and evolution in particular. There are early vertebrate fossils dating from over 500 million years ago. There is a theory that if this early creature had gone extinct during the mass extinction at the end of the Cambrian period we simply wouldn't be here. Sends chills down one spine but with a history that 99% of all life forms go extinct it's also rather fascinating.

That's interesting stuff and if I recall correctly, I think they believe there's been like five mass extinctions.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting stuff and if I recall correctly, I think they believe there's been like five mass extinctions.

5 major and 19 minor at current count. The Cambrian event is a 'minor' one, about 541 million years ago. Obviously survival of species is important for evolution so for us to be here our ancestors would have had to survive these extinction events. The good thing about extinction events is that it gave rise to new life forms. We don't know what would have happened had the dinosaurs not gone extinct for example. Would mammals ever evolve to where they are now? Would humans be here? The answers are it would have been unlikely but we don't know that for certain.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Since our relative time is a drop in the bucket lets talk about what remnants will be around 10,000 or 20,000 years after human extinction. Steel glass structures would be dust by then. Anything made of wood is gone. Anything made of plant matter would be gone. Anything that can biodegrade would be dust. Even concrete would be pretty eroded or even dust. To be fair anything could be preserved if they are buried by ice, mudslides maybe survive volcanic eruptions, the bottom of the ocean...etc. Unfortunately finding them would be like a needle in a haystack like it is now. What would future beings find? Mostly just things made of stone in very non-active environmental areas. Evidence of global communication through internet (Maybe satellites that havent fallen back to earth yet?), computers, Cars, Planes..etc. would be gone.

Future archaeologists would probably hit a jackpot in a well preserved landfill I guess. I think the only thing showing our advanced intelligence would be non-biodegradable foam McDonald's containers? :p

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Haha, signs of intelligent beings for sure!

Alien 1: Guys look what I found!

Alien 2: Contact Planet X, I think we just found our new home...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since our relative time is a drop in the bucket lets talk about what remnants will be around 10,000 or 20,000 years after human extinction. Steel glass structures would be dust by then. Anything made of wood is gone. Anything made of plant matter would be gone. Anything that can biodegrade would be dust. Even concrete would be pretty eroded or even dust. To be fair anything could be preserved if they are buried by ice, mudslides maybe survive volcanic eruptions, the bottom of the ocean...etc. Unfortunately finding them would be like a needle in a haystack like it is now. What would future beings find? Mostly just things made of stone in very non-active environmental areas. Evidence of global communication through internet (Maybe satellites that havent fallen back to earth yet?), computers, Cars, Planes..etc. would be gone.

Future archaeologists would probably hit a jackpot in a well preserved landfill I guess. I think the only thing showing our advanced intelligence would be non-biodegradable foam McDonald's containers? :p

It's likely plastics will still be around or remnants of them. It's been suggested by scientist that early plastics, especially those in buried in dirt, are likely to last forever and are not biodegradable.

Anything in the ocean would have to sink to the bottom quickly and be buried in sentiment to survive. Saltwater is one of the most corrosive things on the planet.

Sun, rain, ice and all weather events are corrosive. That's why maintenance on bridges and other buildings are necessary to keep them in use. Not much can survive 1000s of years of weather.

As you've stated, the only way for things to survive is if they are buried. That's probably why we still have the pyramids and other ancient artifacts. In tropical environments you'll notice that nature isn't overly kind to them. Plants are particularly nasty to structures.

Concrete isn't really that strong on it's own. Reinforced concrete is stronger and some special blends are made to withstand harsh environments but even they would succumb to the weather and plant life in time.

To add to the joke about what a future archeologist would find it one were to ever happen along if we disappeared. We also have the non biodegradable baby nappies. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Any predictions on when we might make extraterrestrial contact? :cool:

Closest exoplanet that may contain life is approximately 11.4 light years away. 1 light year = 9460730472580800 metres.

List of nearest terrestrial exoplanet candidates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thing is, they may contain life but intelligent life capable of building communication devices similar to our own is a further stretch. Even though there's probably trillions and trillions of exoplanets how many have life that is intelligent is a question we can't answer. We know intelligence is rare from an evolutionary point of view.

List of interstellar radio messages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thing is we have all sorts of issues relating to all this. First is we have the issue of similar frequencies, similar technology, etc. The other thing, any signal we may receive could be from a long dead race from thousands of years ago.

Also, depends what you mean by contact I guess. Physical? Unless they posses some type of technology or knowledge we don't and can get to our little uninteresting solar system on the edge of the spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy then I don't see it really happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo