Rethinking History

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Conclusion, there is still a possibility that these skulls found are not deformed humans...

Allow me to be the skeptic here.

Problem #1 - The idea that 'aliens' must be humanoid in shape is a human conceit we have. We cannot say for certain what evolution would do on another planet. We are DNA based but who's to say that's what it is on another planet? We simply don't know.

Problem #2 - If they are alien to our world the likelihood of being able to breed with them would probably be impossible. It would take some massive science to make it work. Even though mostly everything on our planet is DNA based (there's some odd balls) that doesn't mean we can breed with it and produce offspring.

As stated in the report, there's derogation factors and contamination issues. The poor thing was human. Probably suffered immeasurably for the short period of time it spent on this planet. That of course if it was even born. I'm questioning that 6-8 years thing. However we do know that humans can be quite small. List of shortest people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in my opinion, there's nothing to indicate this individual was anything other than human. I'll leave it there until further science comes in.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea how they can tell that 6 inch skeleton is 6 to 8 years old. They said genetic analysis of the bones indicated the age.

I think there's going to be some consistency in regards to life in the universe, just like there's consistency with the elements. The periodic table on earth will be periodic table across the universe.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how they can tell that 6 inch skeleton is 6 to 8 years old. They said genetic analysis of the bones indicated the age.

I'm not too critical on the age thing, it's just when you have something that small and other factors it can become difficult to make a proper analysis. They even admit as much.

I think there's going to be some consistency in regards to life in the universe, just like there's consistency with the elements. The periodic table on earth will be periodic table across the universe.

We assume that all elements will be the same but if I recall correctly they keep finding new ones to add to the table. We probably don't know them all.

Even though life can be made up of the same elements regardless where you go and evolution will be the same process on every planet where life can exist that doesn't mean you'll end up with DNA as the forerunner of evolution on that planet. We already know on our own planet there are others and possibly there were more in the early stages of life. It's just that this particular one survived for whatever reason.

There's also speculation that life doesn't have to stay carbon based. Silicon is another possibility. Or who knows?

There's no saying that a humanoid shape would work or be a survivor on every planet. In reality, the human body is a bit of a mess and even though there's people saying humans won't continue to evolve I tend to disagree with that. The human form is a good one but it might not be the best one.

It's hard to break through the conceit that we have and it's hard to envision something else as being better or more suited to the task. This is where we fall down as humans.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...We assume that all elements will be the same but if I recall correctly they keep finding new ones to add to the table. We probably don't know them all....

That makes sense. The most consistent element we see across the universe is hydrogen just by looking at all the stars. It's almost hard to understand how gravity can compress hydrogen so tightly that a star is born.

Astronaut, astro means star, naut means sailor. I want to be a star sailor. :grin:

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Allow me to be the skeptic here.

Problem #1 - The idea that 'aliens' must be humanoid in shape is a human conceit we have. We cannot say for certain what evolution would do on another planet. We are DNA based but who's to say that's what it is on another planet? We simply don't know.

Problem #2 - If they are alien to our world the likelihood of being able to breed with them would probably be impossible. It would take some massive science to make it work. Even though mostly everything on our planet is DNA based (there's some odd balls) that doesn't mean we can breed with it and produce offspring.

As stated in the report, there's derogation factors and contamination issues. The poor thing was human. Probably suffered immeasurably for the short period of time it spent on this planet. That of course if it was even born. I'm questioning that 6-8 years thing. However we do know that humans can be quite small. List of shortest people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in my opinion, there's nothing to indicate this individual was anything other than human. I'll leave it there until further science comes in.

I didnt mean alien. I just meant different species possibly branching off of early hominid and evolving parallel to homosapiens. Maybe close enough to interbreed. As far as the tiny human, I'd seen pictures of little people. Very rare and not the size of the skeleton but if its possible to be 20" tall, why not 6". It must have been the easiest birth ever...You think she even knew? Like when the baby kicked did she just blame on the ancient Taco Bell she had for dinner the night before?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As a general rule, I am in favor of anything that shakes up what we think we "know". Super long skelton heads? Oh yeah. Extinct fish shows back up? Makes me smile. Megladon, Loch Ness, Bigfoot, and Alien sightings? Yep, yep, and yep.

Not that I believe in all them, but anything that reminds us that the only thing we know is that we actually don't know squat is fine with me. Life is way more fun that way!!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Finally sat through the movie "Zeitgeist" on Netflix. Man, talk about rethinking history. Even if a fraction of that documentary has truth behind it... *Putting on my tinfoil hat as I type this.*

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally sat through the movie "Zeitgeist" on Netflix. Man, talk about rethinking history. Even if a fraction of that documentary has truth behind it... *Putting on my tinfoil hat as I type this.*

I've been wanting to see this. I wasn't sure what it was about. I'll have to take a look now. I wouldn't go out in a thunderstorm with a tinfoil hat by the way. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I didnt mean alien. I just meant different species possibly branching off of early hominid and evolving parallel to homosapiens. Maybe close enough to interbreed. As far as the tiny human, I'd seen pictures of little people. Very rare and not the size of the skeleton but if its possible to be 20" tall, why not 6". It must have been the easiest birth ever...You think she even knew? Like when the baby kicked did she just blame on the ancient Taco Bell she had for dinner the night before?

Ah, I must have misunderstood. We were talking about aliens so I just assumed. Silly me.

As for the size of this individual anything is possible, within limits of course.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not that I believe in all them, but anything that reminds us that the only thing we know is that we actually don't know squat is fine with me. Life is way more fun that way!!

I don't know if I'd go that far. What we do know is quite a lot and things are being added all the time or corrected. Things we don't know are simply gaps to be filled in. There are some questions we will probably never know the answers to but such is life.

Bigfoot and the rest I never quite understood. All evidence so far for any of them has proven to be a hoax. I don't see them as shaking anything up. Just people tricking others and time and money being wasted on nonsense.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Science Channel in the states is running a series this week called, Are We Alone: Are We Alone : Science Channel They look at everything scientifically. There's no hokey pokey grey aliens running around. Tonight's show is called Alien Planet Earth

Last night the show was called, NASA: Unexplained Files. Most of the show dealt with things that were unexplained, but are now explained, like object the Astronauts see and are photographed or live shots outside the space station. A couple of the things that are still unexplained or not fully explained were:

Flashes of light that the Astronauts see, which were really strong going to the moon. There are all kinds of test they have ran with special goggles and such, but they aren't really sure what these flashes are. There only conclusion so far is it's some type of cosmic rays causing the flashes of light they all see in space.

They also reviewed that Mars meteor they found that they think may show fossilized life. It was found in 1984, and the odd thing about it was parts of it were green, when meteors are normally very dark or black in color. Nine years later when they cut it open is when they found what looked like microbial fossils. One scientist said there's a real simple test to see if its microbial life and he has no idea why they haven't performed the test.

They also looked at the red cracked on Europa, which look like rust. Most scientists believe through spectrum analysis it's some type of sulfur. One scientist did a comparative spectrum analysis with known forms of life on earth, and he had a 95% match with microbes that live in the hot geysers in Yellowstone Park. He doesn't conclude it's life on Europa, but he's shocked there's a 95% match.

It's a really good series so far.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some of the shows on the Discovery Channel and Science Channel are good but there are some that just horrible. It's all about ratings unfortunately.

The thing to be cautious of is people giving opinions about things they probably have no idea about. I found on a couple of shows I saw in the past that people were making statements about things with some certainty and knowing full well they were really guessing. That irritates me.

Is there other life out there on other planets? Yeah I'd say 100%. Is there other intelligent life? I'll say 50/50, depending on your idea of intelligence. Is there more advanced life than humans in the universe? I give that a 5-10%. It's a big place out there and knowing where we sit in it gives one a better clarity to the realities of the situation. :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Some of the shows on the Discovery Channel and Science Channel are good but there are some that just horrible. It's all about ratings unfortunately.

The thing to be cautious of is people giving opinions about things they probably have no idea about. I found on a couple of shows I saw in the past that people were making statements about things with some certainty and knowing full well they were really guessing. That irritates me.

Is there other life out there on other planets? Yeah I'd say 100%. Is there other intelligent life? I'll say 50/50, depending on your idea of intelligence. Is there more advanced life than humans in the universe? I give that a 5-10%. It's a big place out there and knowing where we sit in it gives one a better clarity to the realities of the situation. :)

I agree. There are also shows on similar channels that deal with the Majestic 12 or Eisenhower's 1954 meeting with aliens or Bob Lazar. Those are just mostly science fiction. Kind of like watching Star Trek. I say "mostly" because there are some facts like Bob Lazar did work at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, even though they claim he didn't, but his name is listed in the Los Alamos National Laboratory telephone directory, but the rest is science fiction.

I disagree with you on intelligent life, To me the universe is just to large for there not to be intelligent life elsewhere. The same star stuff we're make out of is going to be common across the universe since we came from the same big bang.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with you on intelligent life, To me the universe is just to large for there not to be intelligent life elsewhere. The same star stuff we're make out of is going to be common across the universe since we came from the same big bang.

Keep in mind one thing. This goes with what I stated about what one considers 'intelligent' life. From an evolutionary point of view probability is very low. It took around 4.5 billion years for the Earth to develop intelligent life. The further away an expolanet is the more likely that it may not exist anymore. This is part of the problem we have with trying to sort out if there is still intelligent life in the universe. In a real sense we're in a 'new' solar system. Some of the stars we see are possibly long dead along with the planets that surrounded it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind one thing. This goes with what I stated about what one considers 'intelligent' life. From an evolutionary point of view probability is very low. It took around 4.5 billion years for the Earth to develop intelligent life. The further away an expolanet is the more likely that it may not exist anymore. This is part of the problem we have with trying to sort out if there is still intelligent life in the universe. In a real sense we're in a 'new' solar system. Some of the stars we see are possibly long dead along with the planets that surrounded it.

Something I've never really understood about photons is how they can travel so far and not disperse. We still see that dot of light billions of miles away. It's seems almost impossible, but it's not. :cool:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

But what is intelligence? At the most basic meaning, isn't intelligence simply the ability to recognize and solve problems for the immediate benefit of the individual and, later, the benefit of the species? If you accept that definition, then intelligent life has flourished on Earth, and just might as well be flourishing elsewhere in the cosmos at the same level of intensity.
I really like your "new" solar system position. Not many people mention that what we observe at great distances is merely a reflection of light, of which the reflective source might no longer still be there. Awesome! But, might their be non-planet bound intelligent life out there??? Just throwing that out there. :) Great conversation, by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss