Rethinking History

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
21 potentially habitable planets have been discovered outside our solar system.

BBC iWonder - Were we contacted by aliens in 1977?

No not the Drake equation! :/

That has way too many holes in it...

As for being contacted. Well, would be nice but the main question will always be how do we know we're on the right frequency. Our radio and TV signals haven't travelled that far yet, in relation to the rest of the galaxy. The 'aliens' would have to reach us in much the same way so we're talking, hundreds if not thousands of light years. Keeping in mind that habitable and possible life doesn't mean 'intelligence'.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...As for being contacted. Well, would be nice but the main question will always be how do we know we're on the right frequency. Our radio and TV signals haven't travelled that far yet, in relation to the rest of the galaxy. The 'aliens' would have to reach us in much the same way so we're talking, hundreds if not thousands of light years. Keeping in mind that habitable and possible life doesn't mean 'intelligence'.

Plus, there could be a dimensional element that we're missing.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Movie: The Theory of Everything

Official Site | The Theory of Everything | Movie Overview

The wife and I went to see this movie. It's the story of Jane and Stephen Hawking. It's a little over 2 hours.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Stephen Hawking specials about the universe on the Science Channel in the states, but I didn't think I would like a drama and romance movie about Stephen Hawking. I thought I would have a hard time sitting there for two hours watching it.

Well I was wrong. It's an outstanding movie and it kept my attention for the whole 2 hours. I am also reading that it will likely be up for best picture of the year, best actor and best actress at the 2015 Oscars.

It you get a chance to see it, it won't disappoint you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Movie: The Theory of Everything

Official Site | The Theory of Everything | Movie Overview

The wife and I went to see this movie. It's the story of Jane and Stephen Hawking. It's a little over 2 hours.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Stephen Hawking specials about the universe on the Science Channel in the states, but I didn't think I would like a drama and romance movie about Stephen Hawking. I thought I would have a hard time sitting there for two hours watching it.

Well I was wrong. It's an outstanding movie and it kept my attention for the whole 2 hours. I am also reading that it will likely be up for best picture of the year, best actor and best actress at the 2015 Oscars.

It you get a chance to see it, it won't disappoint you.

It's one that I want to see actually. I don't think it's released here yet.

I heard the Turing movie, The Imitation Game, wasn't that great, which is sad. I don't mind a bit of artistic license but they went a bit overboard adding more than was necessary. I mean did they really need to add much to the story?

I wonder what's with all the science movies lately... not that I'm complaining. :p

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Albert Einstein, Age 12 in 1891. (Probably after his return from the Pleiades)

Attachments

• albert.jpg
    albert.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon