Suggest a Podcast!

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thought it might be cool to hear some Podcast suggestions from the community.

What are some of your favorites?
Anything off the beaten path that people might not know about?
Maybe something niche-related that could help us expand our interests?
Name away!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For wrestling fans:

"The Attude Era Podcast". Hilarous to hear 3 british guys rambling about 20 year old wrestling events like it just happened!!

For books on CD fans:

"We're Alive- A Zombie story of Survival". A real cheesy but fun drama.

For Movie Geeks:

"Screen Rant Underground".
Fun Sci-Fi, Super Hero, and Horror movie/TV show talk.

For NFL fans:

"The Rich Eisen Podcast" is about the most entertaining podcast I listen to, period. The man is a rare talent and makes anything interesting.
"NFL Network: Around the League"

For general sports:

"ESPN First Take", a replay of the entire show.

And 2 Boxing podcasts for the rare boxing fan like me:

"ESPN: Heavy Hitting"
"Boxing 4 Free"

There are dozens of great Faith podcasts as well.

I love podcasts.

SethGlenn

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey, check out The ASF Podcast! It's in the Microsoft Store, and covers Current News, Gaming, Hobbies, Technology, Science and any other interesting topics. The host is Alan, formerly from Alan Shot First and Mos Eisley Radio podcasts. He has a guest each week and involves community participants. Check it out at the ASF podcast - Main and in the Microsoft Store Podcast catelog.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The Infinite Monkey Cage for an off-beat look as issues in and about science hosted by particle physicist Dr Brian Cox and comedian Robert Ince.

Be prepared to be insulted and annoyed if you are an astrologer, homeopathist or even a biologist or chemist. :wink:

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If anybody is a Star Wars geek, there's a new Podcast called Far Far Away that I've been enjoying immensely. They cover all of the latest Episode 7 rumors and things of that nature. Very fun!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If anybody is a Star Wars geek, there's a new Podcast called Far Far Away that I've been enjoying immensely. They cover all of the latest Episode 7 rumors and things of that nature. Very fun!

If there are any 40-something year olds that grew up in the US that state they are NOT Star Wars Geeks, they are fibbers. Star Wars WAS my childhood.

Thanks for the tip. I am all over this!!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The podcasts to which I subscribe:

Freakonomics - Interesting points of view on various topics.
No Agenda - An alternative news podcast. It gets a little off kilter sometimes, but overall really good.
Security Now - TWIT's Security focused show.
The Trending Show - A short and funny podcast that looks at weekly web search trends.
Windows Weekly - TWIT's Microsoft show, featuring Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley.

Video
CNET on Cars - A great TV show length podcast about cars. Brian Cooley is a great cars host. The podcast feed kind of sucks because it downloads full episodes as well as the individual segments. I actually don't subscribe, I download these manually.
Cnet CarTech - Basically 2-10 minute car reviews from cnet car team.
Scam School - Brian Brushwood does bar tricks and scams.

I also listen to episodes that look interesting on The Nerdist (About 1 hr interviews with celebrities) and Stuff You Should Know (Howstuffworks.com podcast).

If you are a fan of Breaking Bad, I suggest you go back and listen to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast. It was hosted by show editor Kelley Dixon and creator Vince Gilligan and included many of the stars.

Last edited:

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The 404
Wtf with marc Marin
Mental illness happy hour

Of those the 404 is my favorite. Perfect for the Nintendo generation but doesn't alienate anyone.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Stuff you should know and other podcast-series by HowStuffWorks.
It's a nice, informative podcast (talking about Stuff you should know) which will not make you an expert in a specific field but you'll get basic information about a lot of topics (both useful and just for fun).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12