Disappointed with mwc 2014

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm quite disappointed with this MWC 2014 windows phone related news. I love windows phone. Last year was great, with lumia 520, 720, nokia glam me... announcements. No news yesterday, even not today. BBM it's ok, but when? Hipstamatic (which was announced with lumia 925) is still buggy, same thing with instagram...

I think that it's not only Nokia's responsability to bring apps to windows phone. But they have miss a great chance to be noted... I hope lenovo, HTC, samsung, and other boost app development.

We are hungry (some may be angry) and we want apps! :)

Come on //build/ ! :)

instagram @barronjon

KeepCalm_760892ab-aead-4c1b-9b7d-46111fc120c4_jpg.jpg

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
BUILD is where all it really kicks off this year with WP. Once WP8.1 is announced there, I'm pretty sure new models will be shown off very shortly afterwards. With the new OEM's that MS have partnered with and making WP8.1 supposedly more open for developers and OEM's, I'm hoping from Summer onwards that there will be several models released.

Before BUILD, including MWC, nothing much will happen I wouldn't think. Should be a very interesting year for us on WP... as it always is ;)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, there were very few surprises at all this year. GS2, top end Sony, LG Phablet.... all were leaked and revealed long before their reveal at MWC. Truly, the Nokia X line has dominated the news and headlines.

Build can't get here soon enough.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps Nokia X has dominated news, because it seemed a change of strategy leaving Windows Phone. My question is, if Nokia X has more Apps than wp, who will want a 520? I know that the flagship phones will be released for WP, but Apps are also important.

Yeah, the rest of Mobile was boring also. A horrible "samesung
", some expected sony gadgets and everything leaked.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps Nokia X has dominated news, because it seemed a change of strategy leaving Windows Phone. My question is, if Nokia X has more Apps than wp, who will want a 520? I know that the flagship phones will be released for WP, but Apps are also important.

Yeah, the rest of Mobile was boring also. A horrible "samesung
", some expected sony gadgets and everything leaked.

Yep, talk of this Nokia X range will go on for a while yet, in blogs, tech news sites and on here etc. My thoughts on it, are that it is certainly not meant to take sales away from the 520. It's really there to push Microsoft's services (Skype, OneDrive, Bing etc) to people who would have otherwise bought some other low end Android device and would have probably not been presented with these services. You have to remember that they are aiming for the 'emerging markets' with this phone. It's not meant to replace anyones current Smartphone.

I think some people are making too much of a deal about it, but at the end of the day it's a Nokia, that is running Android. But with it being a low end device, not available in all countries, and with it running a forked verison of Android, it shouldn't be much for us WP users to be concerned about in my opinion. I'm still not keen on it though.

However, if it was me in charge, and it certainly isn't! I would have liked them to not release this phone. They should have waited until WP8.1 is released with lower specs and on-screen nav buttons and let Nokia and OEM's bring out even cheaper devices than the 520 but with them obviously running WP. How this will all work out will be interesting to see. Even Nokia/Microsoft can't be sure of the X ranges effect surely.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have seen in some videos Nokia X and seems very slow. I think that asha and lumia were enough to conquist the market. Now, who is going to buy asha?
And if Nokia X are only destined for emerging countries, why they are appearing in nokia's spanish website? o_O
Go lumia!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa