. . . The world is not what you think it is. In reality, it is fantasy. The gods control the world.

The gods control us.

Who are "we"? Who is "I"? Do we even know?

Only the gods know.

Since this is the case, think about this: we can't know our future. Therefore, does it exist at all? Isn't it always the present? And the future present can never really be known to us, either.

The gods control our every move, they control our fate, they control humanity and everything. Therefore, are we real at all, or are we just characters in a simulated game, unable to control our own fates, not knowing what's ahead in our lives?

Think about it: nothing exists in our world.

We are a game.

My favorite paradoxes are known as the Zeno's Paradoxes. Here's one of them:

If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless.
    gedzum and Guytronic like this.
    02-25-2014 10:14 PM
    Chicken or the Egg?

What about time paradoxes like you cant really go back in time to change history because your meddling with the past which has already happened thus created the history your timeline experienced...

Or how about the paradoxical question "Are you a liar?" The answer cannot be taken as truth no matter how one anwsers it...

Paradoxical statement " I am modest" can't ever be made because it will negate the idea that you are modest...even if you truly are.

Are these examples using the definition of Paradox too loosely?
    Guytronic and gedzum like this.
    02-25-2014 10:44 PM
    Aww man, I was hoping this thread would pick up steam....
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:22 PM
    I don't get it
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:29 PM
    Is there such a thing as an unselfish act? Even if you do something unselfish, it should make you happy/satisfied that you were unselfish thus making it a selfish reason (If you mention that Friends episode by god I will punch you in the throat...)
    02-26-2014 11:58 PM
    Aww man, I was hoping this thread would pick up steam....
    It's a nice thread idea. I just don't know too many off the top of my head and I don't want to cheat by looking online ;)
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    03-01-2014 02:10 AM
    Here's a paradox that has been driving me crazy:

Everything has an end. This we already know. But what about the space/time continuum? They must end at some point. Where is the edge of space? And what is at the edge of space? More space???
    03-01-2014 04:44 PM

Explanation that will probably pop a brain fuse along the way.
    snowmutt, QwarkDreams and a5cent like this.
    03-01-2014 06:10 PM

Okay. Got it. No sweat. Understood. Never a doubt in my mind.

*snowmutt wonders if anyone really knows that he was lost as soon as he hit play*
    muneshyne21 likes this.
    03-02-2014 01:47 AM
    Yeah, the video is pretty easy to follow...
    *nervously scanning the room to see if anyone can tell that I'm lying...*
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-03-2014 12:49 AM

I enjoyed that. :) Thanks. Just a note. I understood most of it. :P
    snowmutt and muneshyne21 like this.
    03-03-2014 03:51 AM
    Here's a paradox that has been driving me crazy:

Everything has an end. This we already know. But what about the space/time continuum? They must end at some point. Where is the edge of space? And what is at the edge of space? More space???
    Answer from NASA, probably unsatisfying but that's science.

Whether space ever ends is a hard question. There is a limit to the space that we can see, because if there is stuff beyond 15 - 20 billion light years (the age of the Universe) the light from there hasn't reached us yet. So we don't know.
    Dr. Eric Christian
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    03-03-2014 03:58 AM
    I've been trying to think of some insights. Can't say I find many of the insights so far very insightful. :P I have one in my signature. :)

As for paradoxes I'll have to think of something. The chicken and egg question isn't a paradox by the way. It also comes down to what do you mean by egg and what you mean by chicken.
    03-03-2014 04:45 AM
    03-16-2014 08:26 PM

It seems quite clear in the explanation but the thing that bothered me since I've first heard about it a few years ago is that I just can't imagine how the 3rd dimension could be bend. The problem may be that I try to imagine how this could be done instead of just seeing it as an idea/theory.
    Thanks for the slight headache, btw^^
    muneshyne21 and snowmutt like this.
    03-18-2014 08:47 AM
    There are two twins who came out at the same time from their mother's womb. One lived on Earth for 5 years and the other was sent to an expedition in space and returned to Earth for five years. When they meet again on Earth, who will be younger? (Note: Physics nerd alert!)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    03-18-2014 09:18 AM
    There are two twins who came out at the same time from their mother's womb. One lived on Earth for 5 years and the other was sent to an expedition in space and returned to Earth for five years. When they meet again on Earth, who will be younger? (Note: Physics nerd alert!)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    My Physics professor in high-school did this experiment in class. If I remember correctly then the twin who was in space will be younger.
    03-18-2014 11:12 AM
    It seems quite clear in the explanation but the thing that bothered me since I've first heard about it a few years ago is that I just can't imagine how the 3rd dimension could be bend. The problem may be that I try to imagine how this could be done instead of just seeing it as an idea/theory.
    Thanks for the slight headache, btw^^

I saw this video just recently. It hurt.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-18-2014 03:48 PM