Ok so no one wants to say it on a windows phone forum, but you have to admit, the selfie with Ellen D and all the stars live during the Oscars was pretty cool. Samsung got their monies worth for sure. I thought she did a great job with the entire show.
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-03-2014 01:23 PM
    I saw a lot of Samsung smartwatch commercials also.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-03-2014 01:28 PM
    I thought it was funny. Ellen is great.

Not really "cool" though. But what would I know about cool? It is a little annoying to me the amount of importance people put towards these A-List stars. Hearing about it being the most retweeted tweet in the history of Twitter was kind of depressing.
    03-03-2014 01:35 PM
    3 million retweets.... Wow
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-03-2014 01:44 PM
    I thought it was funny. Ellen is great.

Not really "cool" though. But what would I know about cool? It is a little annoying to me the amount of importance people put towards these A-List stars. Hearing about it being the most retweeted tweet in the history of Twitter was kind of depressing.
    The movies can be an escape from reality, educational, or informative. While I'm not a fan of most of the stars, they are still needed to get us to see these movies. And I'm guessing if the selfie had been taken with a lumia, it would have been a "hot topic" around here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-03-2014 01:46 PM
    I thought the Samsung ads were much better than the Apple ads.
    etad putta and palandri like this.
    03-03-2014 01:55 PM
    Ordering pizza was just about the craziest thing i have ever seen. At first i thought it was a bit, but it was real. I wonder what the delivery guy thought about the whole thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-03-2014 02:04 PM
    The movies can be an escape from reality, educational, or informative. While I'm not a fan of most of the stars, they are still needed to get us to see these movies. And I'm guessing if the selfie had been taken with a lumia, it would have been a "hot topic" around here.
    True.

It's not anything about the phone or the stunt that bothers me. It's the importance people put on stars.

Nothing against the stars themselves. Many of them do great work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-03-2014 02:16 PM
    True.

It's not anything about the phone or the stunt that bothers me. It's the importance people put on stars.

Nothing against the stars themselves. Many of them do great work.
    A lot of people are the same way with professional athletes as with actors/actresses. I'd venture to guess that many professional athletes are more overpaid than actors/actresses.
    03-03-2014 03:01 PM
    A lot of people are the same way with professional athletes as with actors/actresses. I'd venture to guess that many professional athletes are more overpaid than actors/actresses.
    Meh. It's not even about being overpaid. It's not even about admiring them. It's the obsessiveness of our culture with them.

But I will say that athletes often sacrifice their bodies for a few years for that money. When their careers are done, they are pretty banged up and may have nagging injuries that follow them for the rest of their lives.
    03-03-2014 04:35 PM
    Good planning allowed this all to fall together nicely. Great exposure for samsung. Microsoft\Nokia where are your advertising people, sleeping perhaps?....Behind the Preplanned Oscar Selfie: Samsung's Ad Strategy - Yahoo Finance
    03-04-2014 12:25 PM