The worst thing(s) that ever happened to your phones

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
What was the worst thing(s) that ever happened to your phones, current or the past?

Tell everybody here!

Mine: Dropped my android LG optimus 4x on concrete road, luckily didn't hit the screen / Bootloops

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a BlackBerry 9700 at one time. My mom wanted to know when one of her favourite TV shows on hiatus would air new episodes. I told her I'd check. I searched using the BB browser. The BlackBerry froze up with the spinning clock. I had to reboot the danged BlackBerry, which took around 10 minutes. My mom didn't even have a smartphone, and she commented on the inadequacy of the BlackBerry. I told her I'd look it up on a PC browser when I got home. I wanted to throw the BlackBerry across the room. That was the last straw that got me to leave BlackBerry and switch to Windows Phone.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
When I had a dumbphone Nokia, I dropped mine accidentally off the chairlift into the snow when getting it out of my jacket pocket, and then I accidentally skied over it when I came down to pick it up.

When I had an iPod Touch 4 (in an otterbox thank god) I accidentally dropped it down some concrete stairs. It still works, the case got a little scuffed though

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When I had a dumbphone Nokia, I dropped mine accidentally off the chairlift into the snow when getting it out of my jacket pocket, and then I accidentally skied over it when I came down to pick it up.

When I had an iPod Touch 4 (in an otterbox thank god) I accidentally dropped it down some concrete stairs. It still works, the case got a little scuffed though
When I used my Nokia Lumia 900, I showed my mom a funny video on YouTube. She got excited and hit my hand, knocking the device onto the tile floor. Luckily I had an Otterbox, so there was no damage.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was once hurrying to get to a class - in heavy rain, of all weather - when my phone slipped out of my pocket, and into the gutter.

To this day, I still mourn my Nokia XPressmusic. (-_-;)

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Somebody stole my dumb phone while I was on the train. The phone was so dumb, it didn't even couldn't play radio or songs.

Worst journey ever. The only thing great about that phone was a month's battery phone

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Somebody stole my dumb phone while I was on the train. The phone was so dumb, it didn't even couldn't play radio or songs.

Worst journey ever. The only thing great about that phone was a month's battery phone
Thief didn't know better.

Most of the time, thieves will avoid those kinds of phones because:
1. They're thick.
2. They're cheap.
3. They're just not worth stealing.

So, yes, the third didn't know better.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a BlackBerry 9700 at one time. My mom wanted to know when one of her favourite TV shows on hiatus would air new episodes. I told her I'd check. I searched using the BB browser. The BlackBerry froze up with the spinning clock. I had to reboot the danged BlackBerry, which took around 10 minutes. My mom didn't even have a smartphone, and she commented on the inadequacy of the BlackBerry. I told her I'd look it up on a PC browser when I got home. I wanted to throw the BlackBerry across the room. That was the last straw that got me to leave BlackBerry and switch to Windows Phone.

"Sorry, I don't understand this website. It's plain text is confusing my decryptions."

BB should use spinning berries instead of any other things, though. So when every time it hangs it wouldn't look so ugly.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm usually very careful with my phones, but one time during a lecture, my phone slid off the table tray thing and hit the metal support. My heart skipped a beat. Thankfully I escaped with a slight (barely noticeable) dent on my phone. I think the metal support came off the worst. I'm glad the uni never charged me for damages :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Amidst the 45+ handsets I've owned, I've only lost one. My Nokia 7210 (brown) fell out of my open pouch hip case one night was in college because I was running to catch a bus. Still miss that phone. It has taught me to by hip cases with secure latches or stuff the phone securely in my jacket or pants while running...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I like to read things when in sleepy. And while I laughed a little, I know those feels >< I'm so sorry for your losses.

Mine will always be battery drain... It was my first phone ever, the LG chocolate, Cherry version. The day I bought it.. It drained fully in 2 hours. No use.. And I had to wait a week to get time to go back. A whole week of charging that phone 5 times a day >< that's why I obsesses over all things battery now a ways.. It has become a sickness

-- Sorry if I am mean, I just dislike mean people! --

Fizoto

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Before you "playfully" push your friend in a pool, kindly ask if they have their phone with you. They'd appreciate it.

I'll give my old iPhone 3G one thing, though, it still worked like a champ after only 2 days of drying it out. Didn't even do the rice trick.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my old buddy, Lumia 800 flat on the screen from 3 feet. the Gorilla glass remained unharmed, but the inner display got cracked at 3 places. display gone, but phone was working alright. i mean i touch screen working properly, i was able to accept the calls by sliding up and pushing accept (blindly by guess as there was no display).

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My favorite dumb phone was a dual slider called a Pantech Matrix. It was a great texting phone. It fell out of my pocket and somehow ended up under the leg of a friend's chair. He sat down and crushed the phone. He felt really bad, but it was an accident. It killed the phone and the replacement I bought for it was a piece of junk. That was my last pre-smartphone (and Windows Phone) phone.

Nokia1020

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My buddy dropped his iPhone 4 with a life proof case on into a snowbank and didn't find it for 3 months amongst the snow and -30 degree temps. He did eventually find it when the snow melted...looked like it also had been run over by a bobcat clearing snow...
Plugged it in and it worked like a charm. The port covers were not in place when he dropped it either...the headphone jack was also exposed...go figure.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos