1. Washed Up Former Child Actor's Avatar
    What FEASIBLE near future(5-10 yrs) tech/features would you like to see in smartphones?

-5g Networks?
    -Larger SSD hard drives?
    -Larger RAM's? Faster Processors?
    -More energy dense/efficient batteries?
    -Other? (Specify)

For me I think it would be awesome if future WiFi networks could charge smartphones/tablets etc. Through some type of radio wave that interacts with the batteries' electrons or something like that. True wireless charging so whenever you're at home, school, work, a coffee shop etc. with this capability your battery is being charged. Or even phones with mini (barely noticeable) solo/fluorescent light panels that so long as the phone is under the sun or under indoor lighting the photonsUV rays emitted can charge the phone. Basically something to speed up charging times or decrease the frequency of which a battery needs charged.

Discuss.
    03-13-2014 05:33 PM
    What FEASIBLE near future(5-10 yrs) tech/features would you like to see in smartphones?

-5g Networks?
    -Larger SSD hard drives?
    -Larger RAM's? Faster Processors?
    -More energy dense/efficient batteries?
    -Other? (Specify)

For me I think it would be awesome if future WiFi networks could charge smartphones/tablets etc. Through some type of radio wave that interacts with the batteries' electrons or something like that. True wireless charging so whenever you're at home, school, work, a coffee shop etc. with this capability your battery is being charged. Or even phones with mini (barely noticeable) solo/fluorescent light panels that so long as the phone is under the sun or under indoor lighting the photonsUV rays emitted can charge the phone. Basically something to speed up charging times or decrease the frequency of which a battery needs charged.

Discuss.
    trade thinness for battery, I pocketed a chunky Treo before, I can take a few more millimeters on current phones.
    I'd actually like to see NFC between desktops, laptops, phones, that owuld be nice.
    03-13-2014 08:19 PM
    All I want now is larger batteries. I'm perfectly happy with speed, screen size and resolution, cameras, network speed and everything. The less then a day battery life (or 5hrs if you listen to music on bluetooth) is sad. I don't care about 4K resolution or anything like that. Give me 720 with its 3 day battery and put pureview camera in it, and I'm happy.
    03-15-2014 02:31 PM