New F1 season starts

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
hey guys the practice session has started this season in australia ........... the cars sound horrible, it sounds like the 70's car but hey,we will get used to it eventually. So who ou guys cheering on for alonso fan here and a massa follower.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: new F1 seson starts

I wish F1 were more popular in the US. I like it better than NASCAR, but it doesn't get much coverage here. :unhappy:

AgnishB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Im a Force India Fan (of course). But my next choice is Ferrari. And I can support anyone whose name is not Vettel

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

luckly here in India we get practice sessions in coverage too ........ yeah anyone other than vettel should win vettel is highly overrated if given an underperforming car he is no better than those mid field cars lets see how the season goes

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to the new season. Team McLaren and Team Jenson all the way! Also gotta show some love to the other Brit drivers ;)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I can't wait for the F1 to start! I'm a die-hard supporter of the sport and have been supporting it ever since I can remember. I used to support Schumacher for years and years until he left the sport, and even supported him when he came back. I don't mind seeing Hamilton or Button win, and I like Rakonnen's no-nonsense attitude.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

I can't wait for the F1 to start! I'm a die-hard supporter of the sport and have been supporting it ever since I can remember. I used to support Schumacher for years and years until he left the sport, and even supported him when he came back. I don't mind seeing Hamilton or Button win, and I like Rakonnen's no-nonsense attitude.
Hope schumi recovers and yeah raikonnen's epic telemertry conversations are hilarious....

AgnishB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Yes. Finally. Vettel eliminated in Q2 (although ricardio did well for Red Bull). This season will be unpredictable

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

the cars sound horrible, it sounds like the 70's car but hey,we will get used to it eventually.

Well, that is because 70s were also era of Turbo Engines ;).
So who I want to win ? Anybody with a Renault Engine :D . So we have Red Bull and Torro Roso but my favorite is Lotus. They are not doing very good at the moment but I hope things will get better soon. So I hope Red Bull wins championship but Meredes is really strong at the moment.
Oh, and the 1970s car, they were really beautiful:
Renault_RS10_1979.jpg

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Mercedes are looking good right now. Red bull seem to be coming back to form. Ricciardo had about all the bad luck he could of had in Malaysia. McLaren seem to have regressed a bit, they didn't look too good in qualifying. The result was decent though I guess. Button finishing 6th from 10th was pretty good.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Red Bull is indeed looking quite dangerous. Just shows the team (plus the +300 million they spent every year alongside the big teams) they got, that they can jump back after such a disastrous pre-season.
Traditional team like Williams getting back from the horrible state they were is nice to see. Also, you got a love their classic Martini livery. :love:

Hopefully the likes of Ferrari, Williams, McLaren will improve so Mercedes wont just run away with the glory. Lotus is unfortunately so much back that they have no place anywhere near the top for a long time. Ferrari stole much of their top engineers (James Allison, Dirk De Beer and McLaren got Boullier as their racing director) and they simply don't have the money to compete at the moment.
They would need to pull out some kind of Brawn GP level of engineering miracle from the car. Problem is that they don't have Brawn or any high ranking F1 car designer.
Martini-Williams-640x424.jpg

Last edited:

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Well, that is because 70s were also era of Turbo Engines ;).
So who I want to win ? Anybody with a Renault Engine :D . So we have Red Bull and Torro Roso but my favorite is Lotus. They are not doing very good at the moment but I hope things will get better soon. So I hope Red Bull wins championship but Meredes is really strong at the moment.
Oh, and the 1970s car, they were really beautiful:
View attachment 59575

That's an 80's car. :wink:
Huge F1 fan in general but I lost interest when the same team won all the time. Now it swapped to Merc instead of RedBull. Not a huge fan of the sound but the tech in the cars of today is uber cool.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Red Bull is indeed looking quite dangerous. Just shows the team (plus the +300 million they spent every year alongside the big teams) they got, that they can jump back after such a disastrous pre-season.
Traditional team like Williams getting back from the horrible state they were is nice to see. Also, you got a love their classic Martini livery. :love:

Hopefully the likes of Ferrari, Williams, McLaren will improve so Mercedes wont just run away with the glory. Lotus is unfortunately so much back that they have no place anywhere near the top for a long time. Ferrari stole much of their top engineers (James Allison, Dirk De Beer and McLaren got Boullier as their racing director) and they simply don't have the money to compete at the moment.
They would need to pull out some kind of Brawn GP level of engineering miracle from the car. Problem is that they don't have Brawn or any high ranking F1 car designer.
http://grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Martini-Williams-640x424.jpg

For sure, great to see some re-emerging teams like Williams as well as up-and-comers like Force India. These two teams look like they can mount a challenge to be in the top 5 constructors. It's a shame to see Lotus have such a huge drop off after the season they had last year. As you have pointed out, they have lost a lot of talent and finances were an issue even at the end of last year. Ferrari's lack of pace was a surprise. They were getting passed pretty easily, but I believe they'll have an answer soon enough. Bitterly disappointed with McLaren at the moment. I was confident they'd come in to this season strong after the positive pre season testing they had done, but after Australia, they have continued to regress, neither car able to finish the race. I really hope they can get their act together moving formward.

That's an 80's car. :wink:
Huge F1 fan in general but I lost interest when the same team won all the time. Now it swapped to Merc instead of RedBull. Not a huge fan of the sound but the tech in the cars of today is uber cool.

I agree, it's a bit disappointing in the grand scheme of things when one team or driver is dominating. Mercedes look in a different league right now. However, at least this season, the two Mercedes drivers are battling each other. When it was Red Bull, it was just Vettel. The sound isn't that big of a deal to me. Don't get me wrong, it adds to the spectacle, but it is not the end all be all of F1. I'd take the driver competition, yesterday's race a prime example, over quality of sound. The tech behind the cars is definitely really cool.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree. Great to see team mates battling it out as well! Hope to see more of this throughout the season

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire