Where the heck is that airplane?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There is serious need to fix such tracking system.
How irony! We are in search of planets in the universe but we cant find a plane lost on earth itself..

This too: "The satellite communications box fitted on the plane is of an older generation and is not equipped with a global positioning system, the person said. But investigators have managed to calculate the distance between the ?ping? from the plane and a stationary Inmarsat-3 satellite orbiting above the Equator and over the Indian Ocean. The satellite can ?see? in an arc that stretches to the north and south of its fixed position, but without GPS it can only say how far away the ping is, not where it is coming from, the person said." http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?_r=0

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
We know where its at just no one is saying because of either the technology used to track and find it or the Tear 1 team that is going to make the grass grow. Think about it zero debris not one stich of debris from that plane. If it was in the water the E perbs would have went off and the signal its on any plane or boat will pick it up. If it crashed anywhere it would have left some traces. You also have 285 people on that plane now how many cell phones would that be?? We know there still on because they ring and not go straight to voicemail so that means you have at least another 100+ "transponders" going. That plane in on the ground somewhere in a hanger, but if im right then why hasn't anyone come forward with demands? Bottom line they know where its at but not saying for whatever reason.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We know where its at just no one is saying because of either the technology used to track and find it or the Tear 1 team that is going to make the grass grow. Think about it zero debris not one stich of debris from that plane. If it was in the water the E perbs would have went off and the signal its on any plane or boat will pick it up. If it crashed anywhere it would have left some traces. You also have 285 people on that plane now how many cell phones would that be?? We know there still on because they ring and not go straight to voicemail so that means you have at least another 100+ "transponders" going. That plane in on the ground somewhere in a hanger, but if im right then why hasn't anyone come forward with demands? Bottom line they know where its at but not saying for whatever reason.
Air France 447 took awhile to find. That crash was caused by a combination of mechanical failure and human error.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Air France 447 took awhile to find. That crash was caused by a combination of mechanical failure and human error.

that was back in 07 a lot has changed in terms of technology and on top of that it only took them 5 days to start pulling parts outta the water, its day 8 and no trace. If it in fact did crash, water or land then why are or were calls still going through and not straight to voicemail? If it did crash in the water why no e-perbs? The plane was obviously under control before it totally disappeared.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've watched Air Disasters on Netflix. It's an ongoing show also called Mayday in some regions. I believe Discovery Channel still airs it. It's a good show that gives a lot of insight into technology of aviation.
a3yzu2ur.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
One bit of info I thought strange was that certain maneuvers of the 777 (according to analysis) were thought to be made by someone familiar with evading traffic radar.
The climb to 45000 feet (13716 meters) was probably done to eek out more range.

Since Boeing planes have a pretty good glide ratio and are overpowered by design:
It may have been possible to get higher shut one engine down then glide on for miles and miles over expected range.

The other weird thing is:
In addition to shutting off communications and the planes radar recognition ident system TCAS would have been disabled also.
I wonder if any other airliners in the area had a hit from MH370 on their TCAS which might have helped position MH370?

If someone stole this airplane they sure knew what to do to hide from normal tracking.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also doubt if they went north. Indian, Pakistani, and US military would've noticed something out of place and scrambled fighter jets.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mike Glynn, a committee member of the Australian and International Pilots Association, said he considers pilot suicide to be the most likely explanation for the disappearance, as was suspected in a SilkAir crash during a flight from Singapore to Jakarta in 1997 and an EgyptAir flight in 1999.

I remember when the EgyptAir flight crashed, and it was determined (at least as much as could be ascertained from the data available) that the cause was pilot suicide. I went to Europe a bit after that, but on a different airline!

Reddit had a very interesting thread about this at /r/askreddit
It wasn't serious, but it was asking what was the craziest way this could end.

I saw that thread and read part of it. It was pretty crazy! My favorite was that the plane lands in Beijing a week later, and other than the captain apologizing for being late, no explanation is given and everything carries on like normal.

One bit of info I thought strange was that certain maneuvers of the 777 (according to analysis) were thought to be made by someone familiar with evading traffic radar.
The climb to 45000 feet (13716 meters) was probably done to eek out more range.

Since Boeing planes have a pretty good glide ratio and are overpowered by design:
It may have been possible to get higher shut one engine down then glide on for miles and miles over expected range.

The distance of the flight is around 2,700 miles, which is approximately a third of the plane's maximum range. This means it was nowhere near full of fuel. If hijacking is a factor, they would've had to do something like this if they wanted to go further.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't see how crashing the plane would help the guy in jail, but the pilot's wife leaving could support the suicide theory.

The first article implies it wasn't a suicide mission and says, "FBI experts say disappearance could be ‘act of piracy’, suggesting passengers are being held".

At this point, I have no idea what's going on. It seems to change hourly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The first article implies it wasn't a suicide mission and says, "FBI experts say disappearance could be ‘act of piracy’, suggesting passengers are being held".

I'm sure there will be a movie made about this incident after it's all settled (or at least a made-for-TV movie).

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The first article implies it wasn't a suicide mission and says, "FBI experts say disappearance could be ?act of piracy?, suggesting passengers are being held".

I'm sure there will be a movie made about this incident after it's all settled (or at least a made-for-TV movie).

We all love a good mystery novel LOL.

Since it's beer-o-clock:
I caught an internet conspiracy comment somewhere that eluded to a plot to use a stolen plane to deploy a nuke on the US.
Merely a conjected rumor mind you.

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Its now a criminal investigation. Someone with knowledge of that exact route was aboard that flight to be able to turn off tracking info at exact times in precise locations. The pilot logged thousands of hours on that exact flight path, in on it, possibly, not willingly likely, the co-pilot thousands of hours but not on that specific flight path, fully capable of turning of devices when told to, possibly, but also unlikely, stolen passport people, highly suspect, but can anyone tell me why two passports stolen/missing for two years did not hit as stolen when used at the airport, I say someone higher up is involved which allowed this too happen... Ahhhh yes the plot thickens... I hope all the people are safe and at the very least have the basic necessities for survival.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion