The USA announced yesterday it is starting to surrender control of the Internet to a International Organization. Please keep the Internet free and unregulated as it is now

I hope this is the right place to post this, maybe know one cares or understands where this can lead concerning censorship, taxes and deciding what is allowed on the really last unregulated innovation in the world.

If you don't realize the Internet is now unregulated, untaxed and really the only totally free information highway left in most nations, I think we are about to see some major changes in the future and they won't be welcomed. All this is silently going on over in the corner because the complicit News Media really doesn't like the flow of uncontrolled news and info. New York Post had a article on this yesterday along with some tech sites.
    03-15-2014 11:13 AM
    Links please???
    03-16-2014 12:40 AM
    That's fine to me. It is the "World Wide Web", not the "US Web".

Here is a link. US government to surrender control of Internet | ZDNet
    03-16-2014 01:54 AM
    Links please???
    Chill, dude.

What's really happening is that the US Chamber of Commerce is surrendering its control over ICANN, that is, they are surrendering control over domain names and other stuff.

I'm betting this has to do with the NSA controversy. ( 一一)
    03-16-2014 01:57 AM
    Chill, dude.

What's really happening is that the US Chamber of Commerce is surrendering its control over ICANN, that is, they are surrendering control over domain names and other stuff.

I'm betting this has to do with the NSA controversy. ( 一一)
    This makes me feel much better. The op got me a little scared, lol. I understand. Thanks. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2014 02:09 AM
    Links please???
    From the Washington Post, the ZDNet article was really short, and this does mention NSA, along with business being somewhat edgy over turning this over to a UN sponsored group, I doubt this will limit NSA snooping and storing data on anyone.

I see it as a step in the wrong direction, I would trust the Netherlands on this before a group with UN ties.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...799_story.html

Tried 3 times using add hyperlink, would not connect to web page, but I copied and pasted it and it works, maybe a Firefox problem, don't know.
    03-16-2014 04:12 PM
    Another advancement for the global establishment.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    03-16-2014 04:22 PM