Order <a target="_blank" href="/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fafflnk.microsoft.com%2Fc%2F159229%2F433017%2F7593%3FsubId1%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26subId2%3Ddwp%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.microsoft.com%252Fen-us%252Fp%252Fsurface-go%252F8V9DP4LNKNSZ&amp;token=Br6VPTNo">Microsoft Surface Go</a>   <a href="/e?link=http%3A%2F%2Fadfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F127424%3FsubID%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26MPRE%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dell.com%252Fen-us%252Fshop%252Fdell-laptops%252Fxps-13-laptop%252Fspd%252Fxps-13-9360-laptop&amp;token=zLmQ9gPA">Dell XPS 13</a>
    Yea or nay?

X0LARIUM and Guytronic like this.
    03-23-2014 12:17 PM
    I hope it's real!
    Scary fascinating ...

I say yea.
    palandri likes this.
    03-23-2014 01:13 PM
    As much as I am a believer, I say nay.
    Guytronic and palandri like this.
    03-23-2014 01:30 PM
    With all the cameras and witnesses around over the years we gotta know there's hard evidence.

I've always wondered if hard evidence gets leaked occasionally in such a way as to deflect or debunk the facts.
    Kind of like in Men in Black when they say said "It's time to check the source" then go and search thru the tabloids
    Last edited by Guytronic; 03-23-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Gad dang grammer
    budney and palandri like this.
    03-23-2014 01:37 PM
    Well I did a small amount of research and found out the footage is fake. It's a computer animation with filter effects and sounds to make it look like film footage.

Sorry guys!

On another note, though I don't deny that there are other life forms out there in the universe I have to question why they would bother coming to this backwater if they could? There's nothing exciting about humans and our own egos have an issue dealing with that fact. :P

Space travel, which we sort of discussed on another thread is problematic at best. We're talking huge distances which would need to break that laws of physics as we know and understand it currently.
    palandri and Guytronic like this.
    03-24-2014 05:21 AM
    Well I did a small amount of research and found out the footage is fake. It's a computer animation with filter effects and sounds to make it look like film footage.
    Couldn't it be just a little bit true?
    Guytronic and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-24-2014 10:49 AM
    Awww dang...

Had me hopes up.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-24-2014 10:54 AM
    Couldn't it be just a little bit true?
    Well it was questionable right from the get go with the 'obvious' alien look. Who's to say an alien would be bi-pedal, have a large head and be skeletal thin??? The aliens reminded me of 1950's comic books and stories. :P

Apparently someone did a check on the 'effects' apparently their perfectly timed, you can predict when the next one will come along. Also the alien blinking at the end is a dead giveaway.

I'm all for aliens but I will always question anything that comes along. If they are super intelligent what are they doing here? :P
    Guytronic and palandri like this.
    03-24-2014 10:55 AM
    I wonder if they use petrol or diesel to get here?
    palandri, N_LaRUE and Guytronic like this.
    03-24-2014 11:05 AM
    Has anyone heard of the Blue Planet Project? It's about 115 pages long in PDF format: http://www.metatech.org/BluePlanetProject.pdf
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-24-2014 11:11 AM
    Has anyone heard of the Blue Planet Project? It's about 115 pages long in PDF format: http://www.metatech.org/BluePlanetProject.pdf
    Hmmm...Intriguing
    I'll have to give a read.

The grammar squad (wife) have already caught the boo-boo in the preface.
    palandri likes this.
    03-24-2014 11:19 AM
    I'm wondering if off world beings keep hanging around earth to save us from ourselves?

Maybe someone somewhere thinks we are worth it?
    I hope so ...
    03-24-2014 11:35 AM
    I'm wondering if off world beings keep hanging around earth to save us from ourselves?

Maybe someone somewhere thinks we are worth it?
    I hope so ...
    There's a pessimistic view that exists in science about how we haven't be contacted yet by aliens. One of the worries is that what if any advanced civilization eventually kills itself off.

I personally don't think we're being visited. You have to put a realistic perspective on things. We are a small binary solar system hanging out on one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy, destined to crash into the Andromeda galaxy many millions of years from now. We are pretty much a universe backwater.

What we need to do is grow up as a species, however there's just too many people interested in keeping us infants. These same people are our biggest worry when it comes to our survival in the future. We could be so much more advanced and further along in our understanding if it wasn't for this constant holding back.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-24-2014 11:58 AM
    There's a pessimistic view that exists in science about how we haven't be contacted yet by aliens. One of the worries is that what if any advanced civilization eventually kills itself off.

I personally don't think we're being visited. You have to put a realistic perspective on things. We are a small binary solar system hanging out on one of the spiral arms of the Milkyway galaxy, destined to crash into the Andromeda galaxy many millions of years from now. We are pretty much a universe backwater.

What we need to do is grow up as a species, however there's just too many people interested in keeping us infants. These same people are our biggest worry when it comes to our survival in the future. We could be so much more advanced and further along in our understanding if it wasn't for this constant holding back.
    Couldn't agree more.
    We do a lot of wheel spinning especially in the area of self gratification and impatience.

Linked for your reading enjoyment:
    Study indicates the end of civilization
    Caught the above story a few days ago.
    Somewhere in there this says if we don't figure out how to reduce resource load mother nature will do it for us.
    03-24-2014 12:35 PM