First EVER Windows Phone feature hated by me!

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The beauty of the new start screen option is it is just that, an option. If you don't want the picture than turn it off and enjoy the start screen as you know it now. No need for hating.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to have a wallpaper, you can just have it like how it is currently. :)

Or you can still have a solid color wallpaper of any color :)
I personally would not like a photo but a simple pattern with few colors might look cool especially with the parallax scrolling.
I think everybody should give it a chance as this is a unique thought out feature from Microsoft instead of a slap it on and see how it goes like Android.
It would have been easier for Microsoft to have just put on a background image option months ago in the last update and forget about it.
As a graphic artist who loves minimalism, this will be interesting thing to experiment with and I think a potential for another WPCentral contest? *wink* *wink*

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
IMHO the Windows desktop themes still look pretty. And would have happily embraced that here. But this..? pitch Please...looks like one of those (3 trillion) cheap Android launchers..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
IMHO the Windows desktop themes still look pretty. And would have happily embraced that here. But this..? pitch Please...looks like one of those (3 trillion) cheap Android launchers..

so angry. Haha. Just don't use it then.

I think it's actually unique and not at all like a generic Android launcher. I'll definitely try it out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps you could use a solid colour Windows 8 desktop theme image.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
so angry. Haha. Just don't use it then.

I think it's actually unique and not at all like a generic Android launcher. I'll definitely try it out.

Hahha..I'm not angry Laura and don't get me wrong. I LOOOVEEEE WINDOWS Phone....but this is avery very bad move...I love all the desktop designs..looks super cool. But the picture in the tile...yuucccckkk *pukes*

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why would it be mandatory, that would be just silly. I think it's pretty cool though but will have to see it in action myself before I decide

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Just use a simple monochromatic or textured background and it will give the start screen some interesting colors without being busy as some photos may look when viewed this way. Try it before you dismiss it from one specific pic and crappy quality video.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
IMHO...Windows Phone was about simplicity, minimalistic designs to go far far away from the clutter of Android and iPhone. To make the user go "wow!". This again IMHO, IS ANYTHING But that. Look at how ugly it looks! Forget simplicity or minimalism, just look at how the icons of message, mail and others are lost in the clutter...YUCK! Like I said, if the desktop designs came, it would be beautiful...definitely definitely NOT this...

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
IMHO...Windows Phone was about simplicity, minimalistic designs to go far far away from the clutter of Android and iPhone. To make the user go "wow!". This again IMHO, IS ANYTHING But that. Look at how ugly it looks! Forget simplicity or minimalism, just look at how the icons of message, mail and others are lost in the clutter...YUCK! Like I said, if the desktop designs came, it would be beautiful...definitely definitely NOT this...

Hate to break it to you, but Windows Phone is spreading its wings. In order to succeed WP needs to implement basic feature demands. Even so, this is still very minimalist when you consider other platforms. You complained about the icons being cluttered, but with that logic, the same should be said for the lock screen. Should we only have the option for a plain colour on our lock screen, too?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb