The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-27-2014 04:34 AM
45 12
tools
    Hi ...

How was your day. Mine was very good, UNTIL I saw THIS:

And I am sorry to say, but this is the first time I have ever HATED Windows Phone OS.

Comments?
    03-29-2014 10:15 AM
    The beauty of the new start screen option is it is just that, an option. If you don't want the picture than turn it off and enjoy the start screen as you know it now. No need for hating.
    03-29-2014 10:20 AM
    You don't need to have a wallpaper, you can just have it like how it is currently. :)
    03-29-2014 10:25 AM
    Thank God for that..but do you guys think this will be permanent later?

Sent from my WINDOWS PHONE 8!
    03-29-2014 11:39 AM

I doubt it. Personalized wallpapers aren't required for desktop Windows 8.1. I just happen to like and use one on my desktop Windows 8.1.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    03-29-2014 11:42 AM
    I shall love and embrace it to counter your hate
    such antihate
    much window
    very picture
    03-29-2014 11:52 AM
    You don't need to have a wallpaper, you can just have it like how it is currently. :)
    Or you can still have a solid color wallpaper of any color :)
    I personally would not like a photo but a simple pattern with few colors might look cool especially with the parallax scrolling.
    I think everybody should give it a chance as this is a unique thought out feature from Microsoft instead of a slap it on and see how it goes like Android.
    It would have been easier for Microsoft to have just put on a background image option months ago in the last update and forget about it.
    As a graphic artist who loves minimalism, this will be interesting thing to experiment with and I think a potential for another WPCentral contest? *wink* *wink*
    03-29-2014 12:32 PM
    IMHO the Windows desktop themes still look pretty. And would have happily embraced that here. But this..? pitch Please...looks like one of those (3 trillion) cheap Android launchers..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.
    03-29-2014 01:15 PM
    IMHO the Windows desktop themes still look pretty. And would have happily embraced that here. But this..? pitch Please...looks like one of those (3 trillion) cheap Android launchers..

so angry. Haha. Just don't use it then.

I think it's actually unique and not at all like a generic Android launcher. I'll definitely try it out.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    03-29-2014 01:35 PM

Perhaps you could use a solid colour Windows 8 desktop theme image.
    03-29-2014 02:43 PM
    so angry. Haha. Just don't use it then.

I think it's actually unique and not at all like a generic Android launcher. I'll definitely try it out.
    Hahha..I'm not angry Laura and don't get me wrong. I LOOOVEEEE WINDOWS Phone....but this is avery very bad move...I love all the desktop designs..looks super cool. But the picture in the tile...yuucccckkk *pukes*

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2014 02:48 PM
    I don't see why would it be mandatory, that would be just silly. I think it's pretty cool though but will have to see it in action myself before I decide
    03-29-2014 03:06 PM
    Just use a simple monochromatic or textured background and it will give the start screen some interesting colors without being busy as some photos may look when viewed this way. Try it before you dismiss it from one specific pic and crappy quality video.
    03-29-2014 07:06 PM
    I don't get the hate. I like it. If I get bored with it I'll just turn it off and go back to what I have now.
    Jack Janik and bionicgt like this.
    03-29-2014 07:16 PM
    Hi ...

How was your day. Mine was very good, UNTIL I saw THIS:

And I am sorry to say, but this is the first time I have ever HATED Windows Phone OS.

Comments?

I love posts like this. People getting mad over things they didn't get hoping it would go away.
    Soothing
    Blake Quartly and Tom Snyder like this.
    03-29-2014 07:28 PM
    I love posts like this. People getting mad over things they didn't get hoping it would go away.
    Soothing
    ;)

03-29-2014 11:37 PM
    IMHO...Windows Phone was about simplicity, minimalistic designs to go far far away from the clutter of Android and iPhone. To make the user go "wow!". This again IMHO, IS ANYTHING But that. Look at how ugly it looks! Forget simplicity or minimalism, just look at how the icons of message, mail and others are lost in the clutter...YUCK! Like I said, if the desktop designs came, it would be beautiful...definitely definitely NOT this...

cckgz4 likes this.
    03-29-2014 11:41 PM

lol why would they do that...
    03-30-2014 04:25 AM
    IMHO...Windows Phone was about simplicity, minimalistic designs to go far far away from the clutter of Android and iPhone. To make the user go "wow!". This again IMHO, IS ANYTHING But that. Look at how ugly it looks! Forget simplicity or minimalism, just look at how the icons of message, mail and others are lost in the clutter...YUCK! Like I said, if the desktop designs came, it would be beautiful...definitely definitely NOT this...

Hate to break it to you, but Windows Phone is spreading its wings. In order to succeed WP needs to implement basic feature demands. Even so, this is still very minimalist when you consider other platforms. You complained about the icons being cluttered, but with that logic, the same should be said for the lock screen. Should we only have the option for a plain colour on our lock screen, too?
    Last edited by Blake Quartly; 03-30-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    03-30-2014 11:57 AM
    I shall love and embrace it to counter your hate
    such antihate
    much window
    very picture
    Lol, I baptize you to be:: xan doge9
    03-30-2014 12:11 PM
    Clearly this is a favourite for a lot of people who either don't know what is simplistic design or just love to see complications on their home screens..either ways...if WP is going this way, I'm not walking along.
    03-30-2014 12:26 PM
    Watch out, we have a cry baby in the house <3 :*. There there
    Stop calling yourself that in public dude...;)

meddyrainzo likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:28 PM
    Hate to break it to you, but Windows Phone is spreading its wings. It's not all about simplicity anymore as many apps are just picking their own designs now (whereas it used to be that every app used the panorama and pivot controls). In order to succeed WP needs to implement basic feature demands. Even so, this is still very minimalist considering other platforms. You complain about the icons being cluttered, but the same is true for the lock screen. Should we just have the option for a plain colour on the lock screen, too?
    "It's not all about simplicity anymore" Oopps...then MS just lost at least one loyal fan.

"WP needs to implement basic feature demands" why don't we them start with the severely minimal App Store in that case instead of fixing something that's perfect.

"this is still very minimalist considering other platforms" nope...this is just about the same. Android has many launchers that look more or less like that. Hate to say this but WP is slowly joint their league and I hope this stops here.

"You complain about the icons being cluttered, but the same is true for the lock screen. Should we just have the option for a plain colour on the lock screen, too?"
    Didn't get that. U mean WP lockscreen?

03-30-2014 12:34 PM
    Clearly this is a favourite for a lot of people who either don't know what is simplistic design or just love to see complications on their home screens..either ways...if WP is going this way, I'm not walking along.
    F3rzz likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:35 PM
    I don't think it's fair at all that you're saying this is not minimalist. It would be less minimal if it was a background, rather than tile skins. WP team should be praised for thinking outside the box by not adding backgrounds. Now THAT would be clutter. You have to remember, this is still just a grid of tiles with white icons and an image as the backdrop. Pardon me if that's not minimalist. Would you say the lock screen is not minimalist? Because it's essentially the same thing. White text on an image. Go compare the new start screen to iOS and android, it's still minimalist.
    03-30-2014 12:36 PM
45 12