What do you do?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a thread about us!

What people do and what folks find interesting is important.
Without revealing too much can we ask how you make a living or what is your current interest or engagement?

Lets get to know each other ...

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am student learning computer science ( bachelor in computer applications aka BCA ). Completed my high school from st.marks senior secondary public school. I am from the India (New Delhi). I love tech , Microsoft , windows phone , oh wpcentral , imore. Besides tech I hate studying :D , spend time with family and pals. Life is good and I am enjoying it :smile:

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I am student learning computer science ( bachelor in computer applications aka BCA ). Completed my high school from st.marks senior secondary public school. I am from the India (New Delhi). I love tech , Microsoft , windows phone , oh wpcentral , imore. Besides tech I hate studying :D , spend time with family and pals. Life is good and I am enjoying it :smile:
Hi, did you take science in 12th? I'm a medical student, studying in K.V Shalimar Bagh, Delhi.How much was ur score in 12th? I'm. awaiting the 12th results ;) Right now I'm studying for the entrance (AIPMT),so limited time for me on WPC :/

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, did you take science in 12th? I'm a medical student, studying in K.V Shalimar Bagh, Delhi.How much was ur score in 12th? I'm. awaiting the 12th results ;) Right now I'm studying for the entrance (AIPMT),so limited time for me on WPC :/

Hey vaibhav , I opted humanities stream (sounds stupid ) but I never decked to go for BCA but I opted computer science as my subject and hindi as vocational subject , I scored 88% in final exams :). So today was your last exams , I guess it was accounts , how was it ?. Good luck for your future and yes you can post here anytime but studies are more important , so study hard :smile:

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hey Guytronic, congrats on the new moniker. I like it.

Semi-retired but working for the Arizona Diamondbacks selling tickets and for Arizona State University doing the same. Redneck from North Carolina originally. Sold scientific instruments for 30 or so years. Health is good and the memory is bad. So goes old age.

By the way, I recently celebrated the 30th anniversary of my 39th birthday.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My info is on another thread but I can reiterate it here.

Age - 42 (soon to be 43)
Occupation - Electrical design engineer (industrial)
Where - a big firm working on a big project (approx 30 billion maybe more)
Married with no kids
I have lived in four countries so far - Canada, Australia, Finland and UK

Interests - Travel, food, photography and tech

I also like building websites, I currently use Bootstrap.

That's that basics.

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm 33, and I work in IT for a community bank, with about 30 branches. I also provide IT support to a few small companies in the area.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
After leaving military service in 1980 I worked at a company here in California called Shugart (part of Alpine-drive.)
I was a test operator there, this company made 3.5, 5 and 8 inch floppy drives.
Eons ago drive media was actually floppable lol!

After that I went to work at McClellan AFB for the USAF as a civilian electronics tech.
McClellan was closed and I went to Utah working on F-16s (no fun airplanes are tight quarters)
I ended up in flight controls in maintenance as a test operator\test equipment software support.
Went from testing to a worklead to asset management to local quality inspection.
Moved up to a training position teaching a boring technical subject to other civilians and military maintenance folks.
Finally got shoehorned into a management position, from which I quickly escaped when the opportunity to retire a couple of months early arose.

I've been out of the 9 to 5 game since Sept 2007.
Made it to my 61st b-day this past December.
33 years in government service whew no wonder I'm tired ...
:sweaty:
Pin a target on the other side of life and see if you can hit the bullseye!

Next!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Chippendales dancer

Never gets old :p

I'm currently a student doing a MSc in Building Services Engineering. I previously did a BEng in Mechanical Engineering. I'm thinking a career in some form of research would be right up my alley, but I'm still at a crossroads.

Other than that, I like to play video games, watch movies, follow tech news and post on this forum in my down time ;)

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
When I'm not sharing a pole with Palandri I manage a restaurant in West Los Angeles. Im going to open up a microbrewery in the next coming months possibly in Glendale.
I am also a certified architect (but I havent renewed it since I no longer do it).
Im 34. I like long walks along the beach and men that aren't afraid to cry...I also like to make random obscure 80's/90's references from time to time.

Last edited:

Usman Mubashir

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am under graduate electrical engineer in NUST Pakistan. Passionate WP fan (duh) and will be diving in app development this summer xD
I like being tech savvy and I fix computer related issues for pretty much everyone in the hostel :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon