1 year with Nokia Lumia and Windows Phone

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
So tomorrow, on April 6th will be one year since I bought my Nokia Lumia 820. So how did I end up with Nokia Lumia and not an Android phone ? Let me tell you this and also what I like with My Lumia and what i don't.
So, it was February 25th 2013, the day of Nokia's press conference on MWC in Barcelona.I was owner of my 3rd Nokia, Nokia C6-01 which was 2 years old at that day and I was looking at new phones. I was considering a LG OPTIMUS L7 II, Sony Xperia L and a WP8 Lumia. At that date there were 2 WP devices available at my carrier in Slovenia, Lumia 920 and 820 but both were to expensive since I only wanted to pay 200? on contract price. So that day Nokia presented Lumia 720, beautiful phone, good enough for me and also cheap enough. I decided to buy it when it comes, and I knew I will have to wait till summer. Day or 2 after that I went to my carrier's store and the Nokia had presentation and I tried using Lumia 820, I liked it but said to the presenter that I will wait for Lumia 720. So I read my reviews of Nokia Lumia 720 and I was waiting for it. I also found WP Central because of Nokia Lumia 720 and signed in to ask about Lumia 720.

So it was April 4th. I was reading a topic about mobile phones on a car forum( my first love are cars :p) when I saw someone have written that price of Lumia 820 and 920 will be lowered. I didn't believe it and went to bed. Next day at school I was browsing on Slovenian Windows phone site ( WPSlovenija) when I saw post about that prices were lowered. I opened link to see what was a new price and on my 3,2" screen was the new price for Lumia 820; it was 264 ?, price was lowered for more than 100?. I was happy and I couldn't stop thinking about that phone till end of the day. I told about new price my parents and they agreed with purchase :D. So on Saturday, April 6th me and father went to carrier's store and there I bought my new phone, black Nokia Lumia 820. And oh my god, how big that phone felt in the hand but it didn't felt as heavy as I thought it would. So I was happy with my first real smart phone, although Nokia C6-01 was a great device. Oh yeah, Nokia C6-01 ended at my mum and is still in use although it is a bit more than 3 years old. Damn good build quality, Lumia 820 can't compare with it in terms of build quality. So since than I recived update which allowed me to use LTE, it was on see with my parents where replaced a compact camera, there was wait for a Amber update, there was a swimming in a toilette(which it did luckily survived, obviously :D ), playing with IP adresses to get Nokia apps,excitement for GDR3 Developer preview, wait for Black update and now wait for Windows Phone 8.1. Together we were in Croatia at sea, in Munich Technical museum, on top of the Strasbourg and in European Parliament.

So 1 year with my phone and I'm happy with it. I love this phone, usually at this point I was bored of my phone but not now, every time something new comes. I missed glance screen from my Nokia C6-01 and I got even better version of it, I missed quick settings and since I will be getting those in less than 2 weeks looks like I have all I wanted.
My year with Lumia 820 was great. Thank you Nokia and Microsoft for all your work. Never been so happy with my phone.

The BOX:
wp20130407003.jpg

First picture on ride from store
wp20130406002.jpg

At sea
wp20130704002-1.jpg

In Munich
wp20131005001.jpg

On top of Strasbourg
wp20131113154801pro.jpg

In EU parilament
wp20131114111413pro-1.jpg

So this was my year with my Windows Phone. How was yours ?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thrilled to hear you in love with your windows phone , so I am :smile:
I have a Lumia 920 which I got it way back in Dec 2012 , camera is the best on any smartphone. I am now waiting for wp8.1 ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb