Using a second device for trying out apps.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just throwing this in for discussion.

Do you folks specifically keep secondary WP's around for trying\testing apps.
I realize developers do this for builds.

Just wondering if very many of us use a second device for learning or trying before installing to a main device?
I usually do try the app on another phone especially if there is an option to "try" vs having to buy an app.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Just throwing this in for discussion.

Do you folks specifically keep secondary WP's around for trying\testing apps.
I realize developers do this for builds.

Just wondering if very many of us use a second device for learning or trying before installing to a main device?
I usually do try the app on another phone especially if there is an option to "try" vs having to buy an app.

I use one to test my code on, but for personal apps, no I don't test them on another phone. I don't have the luxury of owning two devices as I'm just a college student as of now AND that too in INDIA! But hey, that's a great idea.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I use one to test my code on, but for personal apps, no I don't test them on another phone. I don't have the luxury of owning two devices as I'm just a college student as of now AND that too in INDIA! But hey, that's a great idea.

One reason I asked is because I try stay spartan with my baby (L925) only having 16 giggles.
I bought an 8X sometime ago from a crook on eBay for what I thought would be my personal flogship as a 1 gig-o-ram tester then it crapped (lesson never learned)

I usually collect apps on the 'ole 521 just to see what runs what crashes etc.
Sometimes the 512 mb doesn't seem to cut it.

I still stand by the 520\521's however.
Goes without saying 8.1 should push the potential.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a second device to test on, and if I did it's most likely I'd use it only as a music player or something similar. I've got a 32 GB device, though, so I'm not short on space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb