Just throwing this in for discussion.

Do you folks specifically keep secondary WP's around for trying\testing apps.
    I realize developers do this for builds.

Just wondering if very many of us use a second device for learning or trying before installing to a main device?
    I usually do try the app on another phone especially if there is an option to "try" vs having to buy an app.
    04-08-2014 03:40 PM
    Just throwing this in for discussion.

Do you folks specifically keep secondary WP's around for trying\testing apps.
    I realize developers do this for builds.

Just wondering if very many of us use a second device for learning or trying before installing to a main device?
    I usually do try the app on another phone especially if there is an option to "try" vs having to buy an app.
    I use one to test my code on, but for personal apps, no I don't test them on another phone. I don't have the luxury of owning two devices as I'm just a college student as of now AND that too in INDIA! But hey, that's a great idea.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 05:39 PM
    I use one to test my code on, but for personal apps, no I don't test them on another phone. I don't have the luxury of owning two devices as I'm just a college student as of now AND that too in INDIA! But hey, that's a great idea.
    One reason I asked is because I try stay spartan with my baby (L925) only having 16 giggles.
    I bought an 8X sometime ago from a crook on eBay for what I thought would be my personal flogship as a 1 gig-o-ram tester then it crapped (lesson never learned)

I usually collect apps on the 'ole 521 just to see what runs what crashes etc.
    Sometimes the 512 mb doesn't seem to cut it.

I still stand by the 520\521's however.
    Goes without saying 8.1 should push the potential.
    04-08-2014 05:59 PM
    I don't have a second device to test on, and if I did it's most likely I'd use it only as a music player or something similar. I've got a 32 GB device, though, so I'm not short on space.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-09-2014 01:42 AM
    Looks like the recent 8.1 preview may have been reason enough to have a second WP
    04-24-2014 06:30 PM