08-31-2014 12:00 AM
88 1234
tools
    I've always said from the very beginning of the days of BB10 that going by themselves was a mistake. I always kind of hoped that they would buy a WP license and put WP8 on it. BB could take the enterprise while the other OEMs could take the consumer. I don't think we'll see that happen, but that's what I would like.

I'm gonna be honest, I really really don't like BB10. I owned a Z10 after their fire sale and I hated every second of it (I also own an iPhone with ios 6 and a wooden backed Moto X, so it's not like I only use WP). I find the UI to be very lack luster (something that even Crackberry Kevin said in his last podcast), and I'm really not a fan of the keyboard. I know that some may love it, but I hate that the word prediction covers the letters. Especially on common words, then there's words all over the keyboard.

Crackberry, to me, is a very very sad place sometimes. I don't like BB10 and I have to just be passive-aggressive about everything, otherwise their closed hive mind attacks you. If you remember that Ford QNX-Microsoft sync article, I got into an argument with someone in the comments and he started a thread called (I kid you not) "lets go argue with WPCentral" and called for people to attack us because we were "bad mouthing them". Hell, every time I go there, there's a thread about how there's a conspiracy in the US because BlackBerry wouldn't cooperate with the NSA, therefore that's why it doesn't sell (no, I didn't make that up)

I believe that BlackBerry is in it's last days as a phone maker. T-mobile dropped them, Rogers wouldn't support the Z30, their CEO said that there's a 50-50 chance that he can save the business, they've burning cash and their old phones outsell their new ones 3-to-1. It's a sad day for BlackBerry fans.
    A895 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-12-2014 09:12 PM
    I've always said from the very beginning of the days of BB10 that going by themselves was a mistake. I always kind of hoped that they would buy a WP license and put WP8 on it. BB could take the enterprise while the other OEMs could take the consumer. I don't think we'll see that happen, but that's what I would like.

I'm gonna be honest, I really really don't like BB10. I owned a Z10 after their fire sale and I hated every second of it (I also own an iPhone with ios 6 and a wooden backed Moto X, so it's not like I only use WP). I find the UI to be very lack luster (something that even Crackberry Kevin said in his last podcast), and I'm really not a fan of the keyboard. I know that some may love it, but I hate that the word prediction covers the letters. Especially on common words, then there's words all over the keyboard.

Crackberry, to me, is a very very sad place sometimes. I don't like BB10 and I have to just be passive-aggressive about everything, otherwise their closed hive mind attacks you. If you remember that Ford QNX-Microsoft sync article, I got into an argument with someone in the comments and he started a thread called (I kid you not) "lets go argue with WPCentral" and called for people to attack us because we were "bad mouthing them". Hell, every time I go there, there's a thread about how there's a conspiracy in the US because BlackBerry wouldn't cooperate with the NSA, therefore that's why it doesn't sell (no, I didn't make that up)

I believe that BlackBerry is in it's last days as a phone maker. T-mobile dropped them, Rogers wouldn't support the Z30, their CEO said that there's a 50-50 chance that he can save the business, they've burning cash and their old phones outsell their new ones 3-to-1. It's a sad day for BlackBerry fans.
    I got into an argument over there about how everyone blaming John Legere for dropping BlackBerry from T-Mobile and people from CrackBerry were literally tweeting Legere insults. Not only that people over there got mad because T-Mobile (one of the causes of the subsequent breakup) sent a promotion for BlackBerry users to upgrade to an iPhone in an EMAIL. People started a whole thread about how this promotion hurts them. It was so stupid and I pointed this out too. For every two people that agree with you on a thread on CrackBerry another 20 will come down hard on whatever you say that goes against BlackBerry. Its so frustrating.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2014 09:26 PM
    I remember vividly about a thread of how, someone called the FCC about a retail girl who said the Z30 was EOL at her location. He got mad, called the FCC to complain and started a thread about it. That was literally one of the most frustrating thread I was ever part of. People on that thread condoned that the girl get fired for saying it was EOL when 1.) The OP didn't ask what the girl meant by EOL and get the full story 2.) Anything OP said has to be taken with a grain of salt because CrackBerry commentators have exaggerated in the past in my experience and will take words out of context.

04-12-2014 09:34 PM
    I really liked the blackberry 10 user interface and the simplicity of the operations once we hit the learning curve... The biggest problem with blackberry is that they are still thinking they are in the premium league.. The pricing of bb10 was too bad which i feel is the only reason for bb10 not being popular.. If they had priced like the nokia Lumia series... The competition for third place in the market would've been intence

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk
    A895 likes this.
    04-12-2014 09:35 PM
    I really liked the blackberry 10 user interface and the simplicity of the operations once we hit the learning curve... The biggest problem with blackberry is that they are still thinking they are in the premium league.. The pricing of bb10 was too bad which i feel is the only reason for bb10 not being popular.. If they had priced like the nokia Lumia series... The competition for third place in the market would've been intence

I think the learning curve was a big part of the problem. Most consumers don't want to spend a long time learning how to use a device, especially here in the US, where a customer only has 14 days to return a device if he/she doesn't like it.
    04-12-2014 09:38 PM
    I got into an argument over there about how everyone blaming John Legere for dropping BlackBerry from T-Mobile and people from CrackBerry were literally tweeting Legere insults. Not only that people over there got mad because T-Mobile (one of the causes of the subsequent breakup) sent a promotion for BlackBerry users to upgrade to an iPhone in an EMAIL. People started a whole thread about how this promotion hurts them. It was so stupid and I pointed this out too. For every two people that agree with you on a thread on CrackBerry another 20 will come down hard on whatever you say that goes against BlackBerry. Its so frustrating.

I don't know why people take it personally. It's just a phone. Unless you're a shareholder then you better sort your s*** fast!
    Laura Knotek and A895 like this.
    04-12-2014 09:39 PM
    I remember vividly about a thread of how, someone called the FCC about a retail girl who said the Z30 was EOL at her location. He got mad, called the FCC to complain and started a thread about it. That was literally one of the most frustrating thread I was ever part of. People on that thread condoned that the girl get fired for saying it was EOL when 1.) The OP didn't ask what the girl meant by EOL and get the full story 2.) Anything OP said has to be taken with a grain of salt because CrackBerry commentators have exaggerated in the past in my experience and will take words out of context.

Geezus, I remember that thread too. I laughed so hard at the thread, just because it was so unbelievable. There's a recent thread about someone going to a Verizon store and how the clerk actually said that they never sell any and he actually recorded the clerks without their knowledge. For one, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, but the sad part was that people were cheering him on.
    A895 likes this.
    04-12-2014 09:40 PM

I do agree about the pricing part. If they had priced the Z30 lower, people would not have been so scared to try it. $50 on contract with a price tag of around $399 or less off contract. $199 on contract with an off contract price of $550+ is doing too much.

04-12-2014 09:41 PM
    Geezus, I remember that thread too. I laughed so hard at the thread, just because it was so unbelievable. There's a recent thread about someone going to a Verizon store and how the clerk actually said that they never sell any and he actually recorded the clerks without their knowledge. For one, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, but the sad part was that people were cheering him on.
    That's the kind of behavior that needs to stop. It does nothing but makes them look bad.

Jas00555 likes this.
    04-12-2014 09:43 PM
    Shame, BB10 actually intrigued me, and it would've been nice to have four major ecosystems duking it out, to keep the market fresh with innovation (big win for consumers, no matter what platform you're on).

Sadly, it just seems there's only room for three, and while it's fast improving: Windows Phone is still on shakey ground. So if Blackberry must die, that Windows Phone may live, then so be it.

But as another said: Nokia should offer some sort of trade-in program. Could be a great chance to win over new customers, especially since their resilience to hang onto Blackberry means neither iOS nor Android impressed them.

While I mourn the loss of a pioneer of the smartphone, I also hope Microsoft/Nokia act upon this opportunity to win new customers.
    04-12-2014 09:44 PM
    I don't know why people take it personally. It's just a phone. Unless you're a shareholder then you better sort your s*** fast!
    Well, the irony of your comment is that they've got a massively long thread called "I support BBRY and I buy shares"
    04-12-2014 09:45 PM
    I think the learning curve was a big part of the problem. Most consumers don't want to spend a long time learning how to use a device, especially here in the US, where a customer only has 14 days to return a device if he/she doesn't like it.
    Indeed, a problem that currently plagues Windows Phone and Windows 8.
    04-12-2014 09:48 PM
    Indeed, a problem that currently plagues Windows Phone and Windows 8.
    I'd say that's more the case with desktop Windows 8 than with Windows Phone. Most people I've talked to don't consider WP8 difficult to learn how to use. It's the long-time users of desktop Windows who find Windows 8 difficult to use.

I also don't know anyone who has said iPhones/Androids are difficult to use.
    A895 and 12Danny123 like this.
    04-12-2014 10:00 PM

really? Sympathy for you man. Either way Android and WPcentral and imore are much more peaceful places
    04-13-2014 02:19 AM
    I'd say that's more the case with desktop Windows 8 than with Windows Phone. Most people I've talked to don't consider WP8 difficult to learn how to use. It's the long-time users of desktop Windows who find Windows 8 difficult to use.

I also don't know anyone who has said iPhones/Androids are difficult to use.
    It only took me about a day to figure out how to use the Lumia 520 and that was my first smartphone. Windows 8 is a great OS.
    04-13-2014 09:12 AM
    Hey guys don't think blackberry is dead they are going to introduce BlackBerry z3 in low price range to win crowds from emerging market.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    04-13-2014 09:33 AM
    Hey guys don't think blackberry is dead they are going to introduce BlackBerry z3 in low price range to win crowds from emerging market.

Emerging markets use the low end Lumias and Android. Sorry, but BB is dead, imo.
    A895 likes this.
    04-13-2014 10:17 AM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is good, but the OS is too complicated. It's just that whenever you say something negative about BlackBerry on CrackBerry, you get gunned down by "fanboys".
    Yes! Exactly!
    A895 likes this.
    04-13-2014 10:19 AM
    But everybody wants something different.5 inch screen with brand BlackBerry at a price tag of 200$ outright purchase will definitely attract for people who are fed up of android.

04-13-2014 10:57 AM

Markets that Android and Nokia have on lock. BlackBerry will be hard pressed to find success there.
    04-13-2014 10:58 AM
    But everybody wants something different.5 inch screen with brand BlackBerry at a price tag of 200$ outright purchase will definitely attract for people who are fed up of android.

So they wold use a BlackBerry device that depends on android apps for the apps BlackBerry World does not have? Why not just get a Android device like the Moto G? Low cost and is a nice performer.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    04-13-2014 11:00 AM
    But for all people cost is worth enough to try just like Lumia.
    04-13-2014 11:02 AM
    Yes! Exactly!
    Well, in fairness: that's true of any fansite, to a degree. I mean, on here, while you do have some wiggle room, if you go too far in terms of criticizing Microsoft or Nokia or Xbox or what have you, you'll be ripped apart.

One needs only look at comments on any article about the Xbox One to witness PS4 fans and Xbone fans try to pull each others' eye balls out.
    04-13-2014 11:03 AM
    Well, in fairness: that's true of any fansite, to a degree. I mean, on here, while you do have some wiggle room, if you go too far in terms of criticizing Microsoft or Nokia or Xbox or what have you, you'll be ripped apart.

One needs only look at comments on any article about the Xbox One to witness PS4 fans and Xbone fans try to pull each others' eye balls out.
    That's actually something completely different in regards to the X1 and PS4. Xbox vs. Playstation is part of the ongoing console wars, which are different than what this website represents (Microsoft as a while). Console wars are plagued by 12 year olds, and those are the cut throat comments that you see in comment section. I find that there is plenty of criticism of Microsoft in these forums, so while there is some blind fanboyism, it's not bad.
    A895 and unstoppablekem like this.
    04-13-2014 11:14 AM

They're launching one low cost phone that's twice the price of the 520, and they're launching it in ONE market, Indonesia. That makes them too little AND too late. Sorry, dude, they're done.
    A895 and unstoppablekem like this.
    04-13-2014 11:17 AM
88 1234