I really feel sorry for the BlackBerry people

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys don't think blackberry is dead they are going to introduce BlackBerry z3 in low price range to win crowds from emerging market.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
But everybody wants something different.5 inch screen with brand BlackBerry at a price tag of 200$ outright purchase will definitely attract for people who are fed up of android.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys don't think blackberry is dead they are going to introduce BlackBerry z3 in low price range to win crowds from emerging market.

Markets that Android and Nokia have on lock. BlackBerry will be hard pressed to find success there.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
But everybody wants something different.5 inch screen with brand BlackBerry at a price tag of 200$ outright purchase will definitely attract for people who are fed up of android.

So they wold use a BlackBerry device that depends on android apps for the apps BlackBerry World does not have? Why not just get a Android device like the Moto G? Low cost and is a nice performer.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Exactly!

Well, in fairness: that's true of any fansite, to a degree. I mean, on here, while you do have some wiggle room, if you go too far in terms of criticizing Microsoft or Nokia or Xbox or what have you, you'll be ripped apart.

One needs only look at comments on any article about the Xbox One to witness PS4 fans and Xbone fans try to pull each others' eye balls out.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, in fairness: that's true of any fansite, to a degree. I mean, on here, while you do have some wiggle room, if you go too far in terms of criticizing Microsoft or Nokia or Xbox or what have you, you'll be ripped apart.

One needs only look at comments on any article about the Xbox One to witness PS4 fans and Xbone fans try to pull each others' eye balls out.

That's actually something completely different in regards to the X1 and PS4. Xbox vs. Playstation is part of the ongoing console wars, which are different than what this website represents (Microsoft as a while). Console wars are plagued by 12 year olds, and those are the cut throat comments that you see in comment section. I find that there is plenty of criticism of Microsoft in these forums, so while there is some blind fanboyism, it's not bad.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

They're launching one low cost phone that's twice the price of the 520, and they're launching it in ONE market, Indonesia. That makes them too little AND too late. Sorry, dude, they're done.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
K but better late than never.

"Tech companies are like sharks. Either they move forward or they die" - Steve Ballmer

BlackBerry, for too long, did not move forward with innovation. It's sad, but this is the end. Revenues are dropping, and even if they sell 5 million Z3s, the profit margin on low ends would not be enough to save them.

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That's actually something completely different in regards to the X1 and PS4. Xbox vs. Playstation is part of the ongoing console wars, which are different than what this website represents (Microsoft as a while). Console wars are plagued by 12 year olds, and those are the cut throat comments that you see in comment section. I find that there is plenty of criticism of Microsoft in these forums, so while there is some blind fanboyism, it's not bad.

Very true. I do find that WPC as a whole (forums + the news portion of the site) is very fair. Blind fanboyism here and there? Of course. But overall, pretty fair to admit Microsoft's shortcomings (such as how Xbox Music is a downgrade from Zune :( )

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Very true. I do find that WPC as a whole (forums + the news portion of the site) is very fair. Blind fanboyism here and there? Of course. But overall, pretty fair to admit Microsoft's shortcomings (such as how Xbox Music is a downgrade from Zune :( )

If anything I see fanboyism for Nokia. A good portion of comments on articles and in the forums completely bashed the Ativ SE.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
"Tech companies are like sharks. Either they move forward or they die" - Steve Ballmer

BlackBerry, for too long, did move forward with innovation. It's sad, but this is the end. Revenues are dropping, and even if they sell 5 million Z3s, the profit margin on low ends would not be enough to save them.

Indeed. The only reason Windows Phone has been able to last so long is because Microsoft has enough revenue from other areas of the company to continue taking losses on it. It's beginning to turn around, and Windows Phone is starting to gain momentum, so it has a chance of survival.

But BlackBerry made ALL of their money from their phone division, and they waited too long before they considered thing like BBM on other platforms, or selling themselves as an enterprise services company.

So now they're going broke, with no other means of revenue. Sorry for anyone who likes BlackBerry, but they're done. They probably could've made it if they had put BBM on iOS and Android sooner, or perhaps pulled an IBM and become and enterprise solutions company. But they remained stubborn trying to insist they're the best option for business, and then tried to force its way into the consumer market.

With enough time, this might have worked, but Blackberry didn't have deep enough pockets to try this method, and the end result is what we see now: their inevitable bankruptcy.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If anything I see fanboyism for Nokia. A good portion of comments on articles and in the forums completely bashed the Ativ SE.

Hahaha, yeah. This site really hates Samsung. While I personally think Samsung lacks any vision as a company, and I hate the cheap plastic they use for their phones, I nonetheless welcome them with open arms to build Windows Phones.

Would I ever buy one? Nope, but if someone likes Samsung's build quality, who am I to judge?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people dislike Samsung. I actually like the gold SGS5. If they made a Windows Phone version, I'd consider it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Indeed. The only reason Windows Phone has been able to last so long is because Microsoft has enough revenue from other areas of the company to continue taking losses on it. It's beginning to turn around, and Windows Phone is starting to gain momentum, so it has a chance of survival.

I was thinking this as well. WP would certainly be dead by now were it not owned by Microsoft. It has never made a profit and it probably never will on its own, at least in the foreseeable future. Its value to Microsoft is that it's a gateway to Microsoft's services.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking this as well. WP would certainly be dead by now were it not owned by Microsoft. It has never made a profit and it probably never will on its own, at least in the foreseeable future. Its value to Microsoft is that it's a gateway to Microsoft's services.

Windows Phone has never made a profit.? That's quite the outlandish claim.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone has never made a profit.? That's quite the outlandish claim.

Microsoft quarterly earnings. It's always been reported as a loss. Microsoft can absorb it, of course, considering how deep of pockets they have. Nonetheless, while it's becoming less and less of a loss, Windows Phone has yet to turn a profit since its inception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs