06-16-2014 01:14 PM
43 12
tools
    it can, google had already kinda screwed up youtube over the years by bits here and there, like monetising personal videos. If vimeo didn't had their price plans and upload limit and instead adopt a freeium model like how youtube started, lots of people would already had switched.

Right now i'd actually prefer china's youku over youtube for their features (viewing the video in a smaller floating, repositionable, thumbnail while scrolling down the comments), if not for their limited content.
    Clearly youku is a rip off from YouTube and Vimeo isn't that popular. The thing is that once the whole world agrees on something its difficult to change that idea you know ? I agree that YouTube is getting worse day after day but so I the case with Facebook and Twitter. Yet people still use them because they are mainstream websites you can't start your own world with Vimeo or youku and expect people to gradually follow you. I did this attempt with Bing to make it gain popularity in my uni but failed miserably. Typing google in that search bar is like a second nature. The word google itself is often if not always used instead of search. Took me ( a pro Microsoft who follows their news and loves their products) a few months to get over google addiction and start "binging" stuff. So you can imagine how hard its going to be for mainstreamers to move onto Bing and leave YouTube like you were saying before. Besides, with google the benefits outweigh the losses. So alot of people of not the whole world is ready to put up with their bullsh*t.
    05-06-2014 05:15 AM
    I have an Android tablet, it's only used as a spare. Rarely use my Gmail. I really, really want Bing as my go to search engine, but it just doesn't produce the right stuff for my country (UK), I use Google image search a lot, Bing looks better and is easier to use, but doesn't give enough images of the right kind.
    Youtube is kind of like Ebay, you know it's crap and bloated, but there just aren't enough people using the alternatives, so I stick with the crapness.
    05-06-2014 05:29 AM
    I deleted all of the Google Products...!
    Am using Youtube !
    Uninstalled Chrome..!!
    Using IE11 as the default browser along with Mozilla :D

Using Bing as default search engine along with DuckDuckGo !!

For email am using OUTLOOK far better than Gmail..! I Moved all my contacts from Gmail and using only Outlook xD

A big bye to Google :)

Don't get ScroogleD

Kindly Visit : Don't Get Scroogled! - Scroogled
    06-11-2014 12:19 PM
    You can't avoid Google.

Why, you ask? Google Analytics.
    (Even WPCentral uses it!)
    06-12-2014 01:18 AM
    This is what many people have been saying all along about them,but the fan boys have been spewing their sanitized crap defending them to the bitter end.

More and more people are realizing that their underhanded way of doing things is not proper and refuse to accept it as business as usual any longer..
    06-12-2014 01:57 AM
    They keep buying the good stuff. Waze is a lifesaver on Los Angeles. I wish Here Drive would do live rerouting, based on real time traffic.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-12-2014 02:06 AM
    I think everyone would agree that YouTube can never be replaced. It's been there forever
    Never say never, but it will take a mammoth effort.
    06-12-2014 02:07 AM
    Never say never, but it will take a mammoth effort.
    I think it can be,but it will be up to people to use it and promote it
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-12-2014 06:44 AM
    There are rumors they'll buy Twitch, too.

If that happens, I'll probably get off the internet.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    06-12-2014 06:59 AM
    There are rumors they'll buy Twitch, too.

If that happens, I'll probably get off the internet.
    You funny you...

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.
    06-12-2014 03:03 PM
    The only thing I use of Google is Google Search and YouTube. Rest are useless to me. Yeah, when I search something on my Lumia, I simply use Bing. That's cool and provides me the expected results in no time. Google + is ****, never understood why its there :-D
    06-12-2014 03:27 PM
    I used to use G Search alot,but never really used YouTube much,never did care for it
    06-13-2014 08:16 AM
    You can't avoid Google.

Why, you ask? Google Analytics.
    (Even WPCentral uses it!)
    Google Analytics isn't something that the average person uses. Even then, there are alternatives.
    06-14-2014 03:27 PM
    There is not a single Google product I use except YouTube. Man it would be great if it would be still independent..
    06-14-2014 03:53 PM
    I have a teenage daughter so YouTube isn't going away anytime soon. Google is my default search engine and I don't really give it much thought. Even on my Android phones I don't use Gmail or any other Google service. Unlike my father-in-law, who can get lost in his own back yard, I never use Google Maps. When I do travel, I use my Palm T/X with offline mapping software and a bluetooth receiver. Maps can chew through data pronto!
    06-14-2014 04:04 PM
    Google Analytics isn't something that the average person uses. Even then, there are alternatives.
    You still go to the sites that use it, more likely than not.
    06-16-2014 08:47 AM
    Would just like to add to those that have already stated, I only use Google for YouTube and for Streetview as both are unrivalled. I have no need for anything else from them.
    06-16-2014 09:48 AM
    You still go to the sites that use it, more likely than not.
    What does that have to do with anything?
    06-16-2014 01:14 PM
43 12