a google free life...

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
up till recently i was tied to google services for android, mail, google drive, etc
but after coming to WP and google decided to become a **** and screw up everything they do, i pretty much stopped using their services, except youtube.

If not for my school last week who insisted in using google's sites (to do this https://sites.google.com/site/live2deliver/), drive, analytics, i'd say i stopped google for 6 months so far now.
Selling our privacy isn't very cool thing to do.

Last edited:

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I used to promote the Google search engine to others back in the early 1990s when it was competing with the likes of InfoSeek and Alta Vista. But I stopped liking Google when it became a big bully. I changed my default search engine from Google to Bing a long time ago, and I don't miss Google at all. The only Google services I still use are YouTube and Gmail. I still use YouTube because there is currently no viable alternative. I use my Gmail address when registering to websites I don't completely trust (possible spammers); otherwise, I use my Outlook.com address.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I think everyone would agree that YouTube can never be replaced. It's been there forever

it can, google had already kinda screwed up youtube over the years by bits here and there, like monetising personal videos. If vimeo didn't had their price plans and upload limit and instead adopt a freeium model like how youtube started, lots of people would already had switched.

Right now i'd actually prefer china's youku over youtube for their features (viewing the video in a smaller floating, repositionable, thumbnail while scrolling down the comments), if not for their limited content.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
it can, google had already kinda screwed up youtube over the years by bits here and there, like monetising personal videos. If vimeo didn't had their price plans and upload limit and instead adopt a freeium model like how youtube started, lots of people would already had switched.

Right now i'd actually prefer china's youku over youtube for their features (viewing the video in a smaller floating, repositionable, thumbnail while scrolling down the comments), if not for their limited content.

Clearly youku is a rip off from YouTube and Vimeo isn't that popular. The thing is that once the whole world agrees on something its difficult to change that idea you know ? I agree that YouTube is getting worse day after day but so I the case with Facebook and Twitter. Yet people still use them because they are mainstream websites you can't start your own world with Vimeo or youku and expect people to gradually follow you. I did this attempt with Bing to make it gain popularity in my uni but failed miserably. Typing google in that search bar is like a second nature. The word google itself is often if not always used instead of search. Took me ( a pro Microsoft who follows their news and loves their products) a few months to get over google addiction and start "binging" stuff. So you can imagine how hard its going to be for mainstreamers to move onto Bing and leave YouTube like you were saying before. Besides, with google the benefits outweigh the losses. So alot of people of not the whole world is ready to put up with their bullsh*t.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an Android tablet, it's only used as a spare. Rarely use my Gmail. I really, really want Bing as my go to search engine, but it just doesn't produce the right stuff for my country (UK), I use Google image search a lot, Bing looks better and is easier to use, but doesn't give enough images of the right kind.
Youtube is kind of like Ebay, you know it's crap and bloated, but there just aren't enough people using the alternatives, so I stick with the crapness.

ferdin08

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I deleted all of the Google Products...!
Am using Youtube !
Uninstalled Chrome..!!
Using IE11 as the default browser along with Mozilla :D

Using Bing as default search engine along with DuckDuckGo !!

For email am using OUTLOOK far better than Gmail..! I Moved all my contacts from Gmail and using only Outlook xD

A big bye to Google :)

Don't get ScroogleD

Kindly Visit : Don't Get Scroogled! - Scroogled

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
This is what many people have been saying all along about them,but the fan boys have been spewing their sanitized crap defending them to the bitter end.

More and more people are realizing that their underhanded way of doing things is not proper and refuse to accept it as business as usual any longer..

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
They keep buying the good stuff. Waze is a lifesaver on Los Angeles. I wish Here Drive would do live rerouting, based on real time traffic.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I use of Google is Google Search and YouTube. Rest are useless to me. Yeah, when I search something on my Lumia, I simply use Bing. That's cool and provides me the expected results in no time. Google + is ****, never understood why its there :-D

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a teenage daughter so YouTube isn't going away anytime soon. Google is my default search engine and I don't really give it much thought. Even on my Android phones I don't use Gmail or any other Google service. Unlike my father-in-law, who can get lost in his own back yard, I never use Google Maps. When I do travel, I use my Palm T/X with offline mapping software and a bluetooth receiver. Maps can chew through data pronto!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett