XDA dev unlocks L520

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Let me start of by saying I had no idea where to post this so the Mod's can move it if they wish.
We all know the guys at Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers do some pretty handy work when it comes to unlocking phones,
but WP has been the hardest shell to crack.. Until recently anyways. One of their devs managed to unlock the 520.
He hasn't been able to do much yet, but we might see some more developments in the coming days/weeks.

Here's the link if you're interested: [SUCCESS] Interop-Unlocking LUMIA - with JTAG - xda-developers :devil:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I am kind of happy and kind of sad as this may end the secure era of WP. The good thing is that it needs HARDWARE to do it. I am interested in these kind of things though. Thanks.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This is VERY good news in my opinion. This could be the beginning of a very fun era for Windows Phone. Kind of makes me think twice about jumping ship...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am kind of happy and kind of sad as this may end the secure era of WP. The good thing is that it needs HARDWARE to do it. I am interested in these kind of things though. Thanks.

Yea I agree.. I'm also worried.. One of the main reasons I came to WP was because it was so secure.. But since I love tech so much I must say this was impressive :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte