View Poll Results: Do you like coffee 🍵?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i cant live without my cup of coffee

66 65.35%
  • no i dont

14 13.86%
  • sometimes

21 20.79%
    Somebody who just posted in this thread made me want coffee soooo....

wp_20150128_02_41_30_pro-1-.jpg

...we made some :)
    01-28-2015 04:50 AM
    Somebody who just posted in this thread made me want coffee soooo....

...we made some :)
    Yep, we twisted your arm didn't we? :P

What machine do you have? If you haven't already posted it... I have a bad memory sometimes. :P
    01-28-2015 06:56 AM
    Tried a Caffe Nero latte today when meeting workmates for a site visit. Wasn't too bad
    01-28-2015 01:33 PM
    Tried a Caffe Nero latte today when meeting workmates for a site visit. Wasn't too bad
    I don't mind Caf Nero coffee. They're just not as easy to find as Starbucks and Costa. Well Costa is the more dominant one here.

Posted by my Nexus 7
    01-29-2015 12:19 AM
    Cafe Nero and Costa need to open across the pond.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Guytronic, palandri and gedzum like this.
    01-29-2015 03:36 AM
    Cafe Nero and Costa need to open across the pond.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    There's two Caffe Nero in the Boston area. Costa hasn't set foot in the US yet. They are spreading out though.
    01-29-2015 04:24 AM
    I need to buy some decent coffee. The stuff I've been buying recently just isn't working for me at home.

Being stuck drinking Costa at work isn't helping... :/ There's a Starbucks nearby but it's cold out and I can't be bothered walking there. :P
    01-30-2015 05:15 AM
    So.... I bought some coffee beans on Saturday. We don't have a local roaster (man that would be great!) but I thought I'd try something out anyway. We were at Waitrose (UK chain, a bit on the higher end) and they didn't have the largest coffee bean selection, lots of a pre ground coffee, which I hate.

I ended up buying a French roast, Waitrose brand coffee. The beans were fairly oily and I was trying to remember what that meant, so I did a bit of research because I remembered some things and have forgotten others, so here for your information...

When beans are roasted they generally push the oils to the surface of the bean. A medium roast will be dry and sometimes a touch oily and a dark roast will usually be oily on the surface. A light roast will typically be dry.

A French roast is a dark roast and of course the beans are oily. The flavours are more on the savoury side while the medium roasts tend to be sweeter/fruiter. Light roasts are typically a bit on the bitter side, for me anyway.

Dark roasts tend to have less caffeine than medium or light. Which is why some people are able to drink several cups of dark roast and only one or two medium roast coffees.

Last bit, if you buy a dark roast coffee and it isn't oily that means it's probably stale.

Some people dislike dark roast coffee and there's a belief that the only reason why it came about is due to it's lighter weight so cheaper to ship. However, it's really a taste thing. I like both dark and medium roast coffee for different reasons.

The coffee I bought isn't too bad. Still not fantastic but better than the other stuff. I need to go in search of a good medium roast.
    02-02-2015 07:20 AM
    Unfortunately I am allergic to coffee and cocoa bean
    02-03-2015 10:18 PM
    Unfortunately I am allergic to coffee and cocoa bean
    Bummer....
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-04-2015 12:19 AM
    My idea of Plasma.

coffee-drip.jpg
    02-04-2015 11:48 AM
    My current coffee in my OG WPCentral mug.
    wp_20150204_15_36_11_pro.jpg
    02-04-2015 02:39 PM
    Funny\Strange how we will stick with a certain cup for a while then switch cups.

Was looking for my fav cup this a.m. then I noticed my cup with the penguins on it.
    So now it will be my friend for a couple of days.
    02-04-2015 04:03 PM
    Ooooh YES!:D

Sarkis Sarkissian... or Gloria Jeans when the first option is not available.
    02-09-2015 04:19 AM
    I gotta have my coffee! Favorites tend to be Ethiopian: Yirgacheffe, Gera, and Harrar. Though I like ones from the Pacific Rim as well.
    02-15-2015 12:56 PM
    Somebody gave me a packet of Big Boy coffee. I'm guessing it's what they use at the restaurants. It doesn't say how many ounces on the package, so how much water should I use to brew it?
    Guytronic and palandri like this.
    02-15-2015 11:56 PM
    Somebody gave me a packet of Big Boy coffee. I'm guessing it's what they use at the restaurants. It doesn't say how many ounces on the package, so how much water should I use to brew it?
    What are you using? To brew the coffee.
    02-16-2015 12:04 AM
    What are you using? To brew the coffee.
    A drip coffee maker.
    02-16-2015 12:12 AM
    A drip coffee maker.
    I did a search on the internet as I never heard of them. If you have the box of individual packages they're 6oz each.

http://shop.bigboy.com/products/big-boy-gourmet-coffee

The only time I have drip filter coffee is at work when it's free or in Finland. Finland loves their coffee.... for the caffeine.
    02-16-2015 12:17 AM
    I did a search on the internet as I never heard of them. If you have the box of individual packages they're 6oz each.

Big Boy Gourmet Coffee | Big Boy Restaurants

The only time I have drip filter coffee is at work when it's free or in Finland. Finland loves their coffee.... for the caffeine.
    Thanks! That answers my question. I have one single package.

Popular Mechanics mentions the following: "If you're still using a Mr. Coffee, then run one brew cycle with just water—no coffee—to saturate the filter. This will remove the filter's papery taste, as well as eliminate surface irregularities and dry spots, allowing the brewing water to soak the grounds more evenly. Now run a second brew cycle with the coffee." Is this true?

I do plan to get a French press.
    02-16-2015 12:27 AM

Popular Mechanics mentions the following: "If you're still using a Mr. Coffee, then run one brew cycle with just waterno coffeeto saturate the filter. This will remove the filter's papery taste, as well as eliminate surface irregularities and dry spots, allowing the brewing water to soak the grounds more evenly. Now run a second brew cycle with the coffee." Is this true?

French press is what I use at home most of the time. My espresso machine some times.

I really like seeing a crema at the top when I use a French press.

You can get a milk frother and have cappuccinos. :)
    02-16-2015 12:55 AM
    French press is what I use at home most of the time. My espresso machine some times.

I really like seeing a crema at the top when I use a French press.

You can get a milk frother and have cappuccinos. :)
    Those are pretty common in France. A lot of our rentals have had them for making coffee. I think they call it a сafetire piston. Nespresso is also pretty popular in France.

Stateside, you either find a drip coffee maker or Keurig machines.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    02-16-2015 10:24 AM

Popular Mechanics mentions the following: "If you're still using a Mr. Coffee, then run one brew cycle with just water—no coffee—to saturate the filter. This will remove the filter's papery taste, as well as eliminate surface irregularities and dry spots, allowing the brewing water to soak the grounds more evenly. Now run a second brew cycle with the coffee." Is this true?

I've never used a paper filter with my French Press, if that's what they're referring to.... ?

The presses I use have a mesh filter with a spring. This allows the crema to be filtered through and still leave the taste of the coffee oils. If you use paper you'll lose those notes as it gets trapped in the paper.

The only reason you may want to use a paper filter is due to the ground being too fine. When using a French press you need a loose ground, like a medium to coarse ground. Not a fine ground, that goes through the wire mesh and ends up in your coffee. In which case their description makes sense to soak the paper filter first.

If you're going to go French press buy a quality one. The most important part is the mesh and spring. Ensure the one you buy you can get a replacements as the spring and mesh eventually wear out.
    02-16-2015 10:51 AM
    Those are pretty common in France. A lot of our rentals have had them for making coffee. I think they call it a сafetire piston. Nespresso is also pretty popular in France.

Stateside, you either find a drip coffee maker or Keurig machines.
    They're fairly common in the EU. Along with Nespresso machines. Drip filters are also common.
    02-16-2015 10:52 AM
    I've never used a paper filter with my French Press, if that's what they're referring to.... ?

The presses I use have a mesh filter with a spring. This allows the crema to be filtered through and still leave the taste of the coffee oils. If you use paper you'll lose those notes as it gets trapped in the paper.

The only reason you may want to use a paper filter is due to the ground being too fine. When using a French press you need a loose ground, like a medium to coarse ground. Not a fine ground, that goes through the wire mesh and ends up in your coffee. In which case their description makes sense to soak the paper filter first.

If you're going to go French press buy a quality one. The most important part is the mesh and spring. Ensure the one you buy you can get a replacements as the spring and mesh eventually wear out.
    They're saying that if one uses a drip coffee maker that the coffee will taste better if plain water is run through the filter. Then add coffee to the wet filter and brew the coffee.

I've never done that, and I wondered if that makes coffee taste better when brewed in a drip coffee maker.

I wouldn't use any filters with a French press. They don't either.
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-16-2015 12:04 PM
752 ... 1617181920 ...