Do you love coffee?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: do you like coffee 🍵?

When it comes to coffee I prefer not to drink coffee from chain cafes, I prefer a good independent. Unfortunately, I have little choice at work. :/

To give you an idea of the type of coffee drinker I am. I own a semi professional machine (it's in Australia currently) and I used to buy (and still plan to) a single source Australian Medium Roast coffee beans because I grind my own. (I don't own a roaster... yet).

To answer the question, yes Australia has a large coffee growing region.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Even though I expect\demand coffee to start the day.
I didn't actually get into it until I was 31 years old and that was 30.5 years ago.

All thru my service years I got funny looks from my GI counterparts preferring a full blast Pepsi in the morning versus a cup of coffee.
Once I got started tho...the rest is history.

Coffee (and tea) can have a lot of nuance just as though it were a fine liquor or wine.
Not sure I have the taste buds to judge...but that good cup of java can be almost spiritual.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Usually have Nescafe 3-in-1 or Cappucino in the morning. Maybe another one later in the day. Occasionally have some green tea to mix it up.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I also like tea: mostly black tea (Earl Grey is my favourite) and sometimes chamomile tea (to relax and sleep).

I started drinking tea when I was around 7 years old. I started drinking coffee when I was around 14 years old.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Even though I expect\demand coffee to start the day.
I didn't actually get into it until I was 31 years old and that was 30.5 years ago.

All thru my service years I got funny looks from my GI counterparts preferring a full blast Pepsi in the morning versus a cup of coffee.
Once I got started tho...the rest is history.

Coffee (and tea) can have a lot of nuance just as though it were a fine liquor or wine.
Not sure I have the taste buds to judge...but that good cup of java can be almost spiritual.

I didn't start drinking coffee until 32. Mainly because all coffee I had before I referred to as gut rot. Not to insult my fellow Canadians (I don't live in Canada anymore) I personally cannot drink Tim Horton's coffee. It's horrible stuff.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I saw the title of this thread and I thought it was a trick question. You know, a Jedi mind trick.

I have a sign over my desk that says "Instant human, just add coffee". I'm not into the "designer" coffees, give me a good French Roast and I'm good to go. For a couple of hours anyway.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife says I use the keurig too much at night :confused:

I seem to gravitate to the "Donut House" style coffees, brand doesn't matter too much, so far at least. I'm quite happy with my local grocery store's Cafe' Ole brand of donut house.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I almost didn't vote, for I didn't see the "have coffee IV inserted into my arm" option and thought it wasn't done being given choices yet. So I just settled for "yes".

Columbian, most dark roasts, and Kona (mmmm.....Kona....) are my choices.

Tea wise, I do break things up with a little green tea with mint flavors in them, and sometimes a darker one.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I saw the title of this thread and I thought it was a trick question. You know, a Jedi mind trick.

I have a sign over my desk that says "Instant human, just add coffee". I'm not into the "designer" coffees, give me a good French Roast and I'm good to go. For a couple of hours anyway.
Ironically, I almost peed out my most recent cup of coffee into my pants laughing at that post.

Leave it to Mr. Clue to sum things up so well....

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Love coffee 🍵 but a few years ago switched almost completely over to tea 🍵. I love to order tea from Harney's!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3