Anyone watching the NBA Playoffs?

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Oklahoma City is funny, all of them boys are individually talented but if one of them gets injured then they fall apart. No one steps up save for Jackson. It's a wrap, see you next season.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Oklahoma City is funny, all of them boys are individually talented but if one of them gets injured then they fall apart. No one steps up save for Jackson. It's a wrap, see you next season.

I disagree on the talent OKC has. In my opinion there's a big drop-off in talent after KD, Westbrook and Ibaka. Without Ibaka there isn't any post defense for the Thunder, or offense for that matter. I do agree that the Thunder are done though. I'm hoping the Heat can put together a better game tonight than Sunday.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Westbrook demands too much of the ball on that team especially when you have a prolific scorer in Durant. At the same time Westbrook's ability to score draws some attention away from KD so it's a bit of a trade off.

I think the main problem is that Scott Brooks doesn't have a proper system on offense. It is too much iso ball without any discipline.

The same could be argued for the Heat's offense and Spoelstra. After all these years he still hasn't learned to utilize Bosh off the pick and roll like the way Bosh played in Toronto.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You hit the nail on the head about Scott Brooks and the Thunder offense. Brooks is easily the worst of the four coaches left in the playoffs.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I just want to add that comparing Scott Brooks and Spoelstra's use of Bosh isn't an apple's to Apple's comparison. Bosh is now used as a floor spacer now so LeBron and to a lesser extent Wade have room to drive to the basket. Also look at how the Heat ran their offense the first year LeBron was there compared to now. It's a totally different look and much more effective.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't turn it on until ten minutes left in the fourth. Tonight is the first time I've seen Rashard Lewis hit a three since he left Orlando. I was hoping Miami would win tonight, but I guess they'll have to do it Friday.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I have seen David West at his best before.

Wow.

That is all. Maybe Indiana doesn't make it to game 7, but that should never detract from that game 5 performance. I am pulling for a game 7 now. I want to see a motivated West VS. a determined James game.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
David West has the most heart of any player on the Pacers. Without him they would have lost to Washington. I'm looking forward to a great game Friday night.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, Spurs won in overtime... Spots vs Heat now... Just hope the spurs can win it this time around.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't with watch the finals! Last year's Spurs/Heat matchup was great, I think this year will be better, especially if the Heat win again. I'm also wondering where the Thunder and Pacers go from here.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thunder needs a roster refresh. Pacers should get the team from the beginning of the season back.

I was hoping that the Finals would be Thunder/Pacers. So sick of the same teams competing for the championship. I might jump ship to hockey, I hear they're not as bad with their championships.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hockey is such a great, action filled, fast paced sport. It just does not translate well to TV.

I am death on whoever I pick to win anything since the beginning of the year, so I am going to sit in front of the TV and just keep my big trap shut. I know who SHOULD win, but I am guessing even that much from me might be the kiss of death.

So........ I am cheering for a fun series.

LeBron is already jumping on a qoute from Tim Duncan for motivation. All the great ones find anything they can to get them pumped.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hockey is such a great, action filled, fast paced sport. It just does not translate well to TV.

I am death on whoever I pick to win anything since the beginning of the year, so I am going to sit in front of the TV and just keep my big trap shut. I know who SHOULD win, but I am guessing even that much from me might be the kiss of death.

So........ I am cheering for a fun series.

LeBron is already jumping on a qoute from Tim Duncan for motivation. All the great ones find anything they can to get them pumped.

This series definitely should be great. I'm really hoping LeBron gets number 3, but we shall see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss