Has anyone read Biocentrism? Dr Robert Lanza's book?

I am reading it now and I am completely, thoroughly AMAZED!!!

WOW!!!

It's a must read!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:24 AM
    What is the subject matter of this book?
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:27 AM
    What is the subject matter of this book?
    That nothing is possible without a conscious mind observing it. It's the mind that has created the universe and not the other way round. And believe me, it is completely scientifically proven!
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-30-2014 01:28 AM
    That nothing is possible without a conscious mind observing it. It's the mind that has created the universe and not the other way round. And believe me, it is completely scientifically proven!
    Nice!

I'm going to order this book from my library.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:36 AM
    Nice!

I'm going to order this book from my library.
    you wont be disappointed! Even if you have NO knowledge (like me) about quantum physics, you STILL understand everything! I think it's magic! haha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:41 AM
    you wont be disappointed! Even if you have NO knowledge (like me) about quantum physics, you STILL understand everything! I think it's magic! haha
    That sounds intriguing. I never buy books, but I borrow many books and ebooks from the library.
    04-30-2014 01:46 AM
    I have not read the book, but I've heard about it. From what I've been told, it's better to consider it a book on philosophy rather than science.

A scientific hypothesis must make refutable predictions. Without that, there is no way to test the hypothesis. From what I've been told the book doesn't make any predictions at all, so there isn't anything to test. That puts its content matter outside the realm of science, despite sounding very scientific, and having being written by a scientifically literate person.

It does sound very interesting however, that I agree with!
    04-30-2014 01:53 AM
    It's on the way!
    library2.png
    Attached Thumbnails library.png  
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:55 AM
    It's on the way!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	library2.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	65065
    Oh wow! That was quick!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:53 AM
    I have not read the book, but I've heard about it. From what I've been told, it's better to consider it a book on philosophy rather than science.

A scientific hypothesis must make refutable predictions. Without that, there is no way to test the hypothesis. From what I've been told the book doesn't make any predictions at all, so there isn't anything to test. That puts its content matter outside the realm of science, despite sounding very scientific, and having being written by a scientifically literate person.

It does sound very interesting however, that I agree with!
    It actually IS philosophical! He cites many many examples of Philosophers of the past, (Currently Zeno and his time theory)..but nonetheless, I have really really learned a lot. To be very honest, not sure about this: "It doesn't exist when I am not there." I think he means, doesn't exist FOR ME, when I am not there. But I am halfway throught the book and LOVING IT!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-30-2014 03:55 AM
    Thanks but I think I'll pass. Anything that Deepak Chopra likes I'll probably not like.

From what little I've garnered from reading about his ideas it's seems pretty vague and it's likely his 'theory' is not testable. I'm sure it's interesting all the same but it has a hint of 'wooishness' to it.
    palandri likes this.
    04-30-2014 06:40 AM
    When you leave your house to go the beach and come back to a smoking ruin because you left something in the oven...
    You discover things really do exist when you're not there.
    04-30-2014 09:00 AM
    Thanks but I think I'll pass. Anything that Deepak Chopra likes I'll probably not like.

From what little I've garnered from reading about his ideas it's seems pretty vague and it's likely his 'theory' is not testable. I'm sure it's interesting all the same but it has a hint of 'wooishness' to it.
    Oh man.. Even I hate Deepak Chopra. But I am reading this cause I love the way he's explained complex scientific ideas in very easy terms. Of course I reserve the right to believe it or not.

Coded from a Clover Trail+ Machine!
    a5cent and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-30-2014 10:30 AM
    When you leave your house to go the beach and come back to a smoking ruin because you left something in the oven...
    You discover things really do exist when you're not there.
    Hahhahaha... Nice one!

04-30-2014 10:30 AM
    Oh man.. Even I hate Deepak Chopra. But I am reading this cause I love the way he's explained complex scientific ideas in very easy terms. Of course I reserve the right to believe it or not.

You want good biology books read Richard Dawkins. Written for everyone with a lean towards getting people to research more.
    X0LARIUM and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-30-2014 11:28 AM
    You want good biology books read Richard Dawkins. Written for everyone with a lean towards getting people to research more.
    I LOOOOOVEEEE Richard Dawkins!!! I've seen his documentary too! Of the same book.. He's awesome..

N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-30-2014 12:07 PM
    I LOOOOOVEEEE Richard Dawkins!!! I've seen his documentary too! Of the same book.. He's awesome..

I see we all share an animosity towards Chopra and a love for good science books ;-)

I don't know which parts of this book intrigues you the most, but I suspect that in addition to the philosophic insights, a big part of it will be the crazy world of quantum mechanics, which is the most wonderfully "magical" and baffling thing I've ever heard of (why don't schools ever teach this really interesting stuff?). If that is what you like, I'd also highly recommend this:

QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter: Richard P. Feynman: 9780691024172: Amazon.com: Books

It's a small and quick read, it's easy to understand, and it is very well routed in established science. After reading it you'll never think of the world in the same way again (in a good way). ;-)

I'd take everything in Levin's book that is directly related to biocentricity with a grain of salt. It's not considered good science in the scientific community, but I suspect most of the book explains how his views are integrated with the more established aspects of quantum mechanics, which he apparently does explain well (from what I've been told).
    Last edited by a5cent; 04-30-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-30-2014 12:53 PM
    I see we all share an animosity towards Chopra.

Nice to be among friends. :)

I'd also highly recommend this:

QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter: Richard P. Feynman: 9780691024172: Amazon.com: Books

It's a small and quick read, it's easy to understand, it's is very well routed in established science. After reading it you'll never think of the world in the same way again (in a good way). ;-)

I read his 'sort of' autobiography. It's always nice to get a recommendation for a good science book. :)
    palandri and a5cent like this.
    04-30-2014 02:31 PM
    I'm glad you're enjoying the book, there's nothing like a good read and I don't want to spoil it, but the consciousness first idea strikes me as rather futile.

The reason is that to be conscious you need to be conscious of something, even if that is your own thought processes. That subject has to preexist the thought, which to my mind means consciousness was created by substance and you need a brain of some kind first.

Add to all that neurological, pharmacological and psychological evidence which links the meat between our ears with what we experience and even how we experience it, and I think brain studies will be more fruitful in helping us understand ourselves.
    palandri, N_LaRUE, a5cent and 1 others like this.
    05-01-2014 04:24 AM
    The reason is that to be conscious you need to be conscious of something, even if that is your own thought processes. That subject has to preexist the thought, which to my mind means consciousness was created by substance and you need a brain of some kind first.
    Very nice thought process!
    05-01-2014 03:03 PM
    If you like science, you may like this thread that muneshyne21 started: http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...g-history.html
    05-02-2014 12:00 AM