I would like top spec'd phones, very strong accessory support, not just standard accessories (but those too). Imagine a top spec'd phone that you could buy interchangeable optical zoom lens addons, or how about a custom made Moga style xbox 360/one controller add on for them? I mean both the camera deal, and gaming deal on the same phone. I could see some Lenses selling for $200 plus.

On the OS side of things I'd like to see interactive live tiles kinda like in the windows 8.1 video from Microsoft research. How about better pen/stylus integration throughout the OS with a revamped onenote and internet explorer with stylus support. Some form of snap on the phones like in windows 8 would be nice too. I feel like the 1020's camera with everything from the 1520, plus the other things I mentioned would be hard to beat.

If Microsoft was smart about it they would then release some online blogs and videos for free and easily accessible on all of Microsoft's main web sites that show step by step, how to use, and do different things on/with their products. Even have classes on how to use the features on their devices at their stores. Release books for a fair price (Maybe free digitally especially on the devices themselves) that show step by step instructions with lots of photos, kinda like the teach yourself visually type of books.

Oh and if Microsoft released the game pad, don't depend on other developers only game wise. Microsoft has a crazy arsenal of franchises to use, so release as many of them at the same time as possible. Imagine Halo, Conker, Banjo, Killer Instinct, Forza, Perfect Dark, Battletoads, free lancer etc. Hell, Release remakes of the original games with some multiplayer thrown in and people will be happy. Also throw in some wifi direct screen mirroring multidirectional at least through the Xbox one.

It's kind of inexcusable that Microsoft has the resources they do and a lot of this hasn't been done yet. I am hoping with the new leadership and with a renewed energy in the company that far better synchronization comes out of the company. It would be great to see a lot of things like these show up.
    Guytronic and snowmutt like this.
    05-11-2014 05:26 AM
    I need All the popular apps...thats the only problem
    Guytronic and Charles Dillon like this.
    05-11-2014 05:54 AM
    I can think of a couple things, especially if MS wants businesses to jump on WP over iOS or Andriod as they seem to be leaving BlackBerry:

-The stock calender needs more options to edit and view.
    -Multitasking (mostly splitscreen) needs to be accomplished. This is important for officials.
    -The address options needs to be opened up. For the love of all that is Holy: Why can't I pick the title for my combined contacts? If someone has 2 cell phone numbers, 2 business numbers, and a fax, I have to pick from a DROP DOWN MENU?? I can't just have the option to title it myself? One of my contacts has this problem, and I get all shades of confused which one I assigned what.
    -Maybe a better podcast system? Please?
    Guytronic and Charles Dillon like this.
    05-11-2014 11:55 PM
    Welcome Charles!
    You have some good thoughts there for a first post.
    Charles Dillon likes this.
    05-11-2014 11:58 PM
    I can think of a couple things, especially if MS wants businesses to jump on WP over iOS or Andriod as they seem to be leaving BlackBerry:

-The stock calender needs more options to edit and view.
    -Multitasking (mostly splitscreen) needs to be accomplished. This is important for officials.
    -The address options needs to be opened up. For the love of all that is Holy: Why can't I pick the title for my combined contacts? If someone has 2 cell phone numbers, 2 business numbers, and a fax, I have to pick from a DROP DOWN MENU?? I can't just have the option to title it myself? One of my contacts has this problem, and I get all shades of confused which one I assigned what.
    -Maybe a better podcast system? Please?
    All of the above including stylus (especially for 6" screens) for me and I'm good!
    05-12-2014 12:10 AM
    Oh, and I forgot to add that I would really love to have a notification light for missed calls, SMS, emails, etc. This was sooo helpful on my BlackBerry, because I could have my phone across the room on silent and I would just glace every now and then to see if the notification light was blinking. It was the best!
    05-12-2014 12:13 AM
    Oh, and I forgot to add that I would really love to have a notification light for missed calls, SMS, emails, etc. This was sooo helpful on my BlackBerry, because I could have my phone across the room on silent and I would just glace every now and then to see if the notification light was blinking. It was the best!
    How hard would a notification light be? I understand it not being a part of pre-NoDo WP7.0 back in 2010..... but 4 years and about to be 5 major updates later.... still nada on the blinking light option?

I agree. Would love that. Also, let us set up how many blinks for each type of notification... one for text, 2 for our Outlook account, 3 for missed calls, etc.......
    thron, peacefulberry and Guytronic like this.
    05-12-2014 01:03 AM
    Thanks Guytronic, I have been following wpcentral for a long time. I have also been around the cell phone industry for a couple years, and technology in general a lot more than that. I have to say I have always liked this site. Just finally figured it was time to join the conversation.
    05-12-2014 03:17 AM
    How hard would a notification light be? I understand it not being a part of pre-NoDo WP7.0 back in 2010..... but 4 years and about to be 5 major updates later.... still nada on the blinking light option?

I agree. Would love that. Also, let us set up how many blinks for each type of notification... one for text, 2 for our Outlook account, 3 for missed calls, etc.......
    I forgot the name of the developer, but the app was called Advanced OS and LED something..anyway, that app was AMAZING! You could customize each alert to a different color, and not just any color, but unique colors like white, turquoise, deep purple, amber, etc. You could also specify the number of blinks, how fast or slow they blinked, how many colors each alert had, and so many other customizations. I reached out to the developer when I first got a WP and nearly begged him to make an app like that for WP. He said that WP doesn't allow devs to touch the notification light. Basically, its not even an option. :(
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-12-2014 11:08 AM