Microsoft, bring your own version of the Xperia Z2 to WP8.1, thanks...

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, so earlier today I was browsing my youtube subscription feed and found a new review from PocketNow... Yes, the Xperia Z2 is here and after the review (Which I think is very accurate and objective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUosUTcFYU&list=UUO_vmeInQm5Z6dEZ6R5Kk0A) all I could think of was "If Sony... or Microkia brings this same (or better) hardware to WP8.1 then I'd buy it on day 1".... Seriously, the device seems pretty damn nice, and the 930 is not helping much by being sooooooooo delayed.

What do you guys think?, would you like to see a Z2 running 8.1 anytime soon? be polite! :winktongue:

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Sony was rumuored to be working on a windows phone, if its true then we wld most definitely see a wp version of it.
I think maybe Nokia(ms) can bring a true successor for 925 the 935 and provide one of the best looking phones in the market.

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
i highly, highly doubt sony is going to jump into WP for many reasons, WP has xbox written everywhere on the phone and sony obviously owns the playstation which is one of the few things they are still making a profit out of.
I'd like to see more mid range WP, like the 730 or 830 that's where the market is at but Nokia is taking forever to release them, right now there is a huge hole in the mid range WP department which i think Android is still being dominant.
I can't even support WP being a huge fan, because (as stated on my previous thread) i was thinking of recommending a phone for my dad, and it looks like i have no choice but to recommend him an xperia T2/Z1 or note because there just isn't any new windows phone in the market, they are all too old.
Also off topic, why are all sony cameras that isn't their flagship have very mediocre camera, it says 13mp/20mp but performs like a 8mp camera...or is it just me?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the 730 and 830 are long overdue too. But I think the delay has more to do with the acquisition and MS might want to release them under their name...
And yeah the Sony cameras other than flagships is crappy simply cos they are mass produced to be used by various OEMs, especially the 13mp one which a lot of other android manufacturers use.

Last edited:

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
i highly, highly doubt sony is going to jump into WP for many reasons, WP has xbox written everywhere on the phone and sony obviously owns the playstation which is one of the few things they are still making a profit out of.
I'd like to see more mid range WP, like the 730 or 830 that's where the market is at but Nokia is taking forever to release them, right now there is a huge hole in the mid range WP department which i think Android is still being dominant.
I can't even support WP being a huge fan, because (as stated on my previous thread) i was thinking of recommending a phone for my dad, and it looks like i have no choice but to recommend him an xperia T2/Z1 or note because there just isn't any new windows phone in the market, they are all too old.
Also off topic, why are all sony cameras that isn't their flagship have very mediocre camera, it says 13mp/20mp but performs like a 8mp camera...or is it just me?

Well IDK but this one looks fine to me, specially if you compare it to the Icon...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people seem to have issues with the idea of a windows phone having the same format factor as an android phone, but some of those phones, like the HTC One or Xperia Z2 are really beautiful phones and I'd love to see them running Windows phone.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people seem to have issues with the idea of a windows phone having the same format factor as an android phone, but some of those phones, like the HTC One or Xperia Z2 are really beautiful phones and I'd love to see them running Windows phone.

Kudos!, that's how I feel, I thought it would be cool if true the rumour about dual OS booting phones but they killed it so early...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm the opposite. I'm more a Nokia fan than a WP fan. I'd love to see a Lumia running Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes