What are your Headphones?

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

Please post your makes as well as your reasons for choosing them, I need to buy some cans below $100/ 6500INR.
On other note, does anyone here own Koss Porta Pros? They are awesome!
Has anyone modded them?

Please post their images!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally I use either my mom's stock earphones from her iPhone 4S (pre-earpods, thanks mom!) or my actual "pair" (one side broke after I subjected it to a tensional accident) which is a Monoprice 8320. It's pretty cheap, but has kinda big drivers and I liked them. Caveats are the odd design (i didn't mind) and lack of buttons. But for ~$10 or less, can't complain.

Don't have pics, but have a product page. the fabric cable is nice, but is weird in how it takes twists and stuff. Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - Silver - Monoprice.com

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have koss porta pros which I absolutely love! Probably the best ?20 I have ever spent! however, they leak quite a bit so I have a set of Westone UM1's for my commute and again, they are fantastic, very comfortable, very light, well made. the only complaint I would have is that the UM1's sound a little "boring" for some songs.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My portas ear cushions/ foam disintegrated, and so I have to find an adequate ear cushion that fit it properly.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Nokia Purity Wh-920. I picked them up since they were decent price (should be within your budget) and I knew they would work with the Lumia. Vocals were surprisingly good, the mids in general are pretty good. Highs are adequate, not too harsh but lack real clarity. Lows are decent, but don't really have that deep boom or thump. Sound stage is pretty decent as well. Overall, they are pretty good for the price, plus you have in line remote control and mic. The controls for skipping/pause/play are a bit finnicky though, sometimes it doesn't do what I want. That would be my only complaint. Comes with a nice package, including carrying case and different size ear pieces.

My other headphones are the AKG K240 MKII and I recently picked up the Audio Technica M50X. Picked up those because they were well regarded in terms of price/performance in reviews I saw. The M50X's are awesome, but they might be just out of budget.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have audio technica ATH m35 which will be around 5000 INR now ( whwn i bought 3 years back it was 3700 INR) Which i am very satisfied. It has a good passive noise isolation Good Bass .. and clear... i recently bought ATH M50 (9000 INR approx). Comparing both the clarity of ath m50 is slightly better thats all. I recomment ATH M35

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Klipsch S4 with my laptop and tablet because of a good balance between sound quality and budget pricing.

LG Tone+ with my Lumia 1520 because of sound quality and needing Bluetooth with this phone.

The yellow Nokia ear buds that came with my 1520 for when I'm not using Bluetooth.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap IEM too. Around 20$. Heard great things about Jvc marshmallows and Panasonic ergo fit 125 something. How are they?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss