Is 1GB RAM enough?

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I currently use a 520 with only 512mb ram, so I just wanted to know if I buy a new phone with 1gb ram will it be enough or not for smooth multitasking between 3-5 apps and will it provide good gaming performance?

I know 2gb ram is better for multitasking, and sometimes it provides better performance in some games. But devices with 2gb rams are mostly expensive and not affordable by everyone. So that leaves us with the 1gb ram devices. So I was just wondering, is 1gb ram enough for smooth multitasking and other general performance/usage and gaming?

Did you guys ever face any problem for having only 1gb ram?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No I don't have any issues with my lumia 920. Multitasking is smooth while jumping from games to games (asphalt 8->subway surfers ->temple run 2 -whatsapp and internet explorer is opened at moment.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here with my 925 (basically a 920).
The only stuttering I experience is with big video files while skipping to a different point in the video (videos with 1-2h playtime).
But my previous phones were much worse (different OS, but still....Nexus S & Galaxy S Plus, both 512mb RAM).

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Same here with my 925 (basically a 920).
The only stuttering I experience is with big video files while skipping to a different point in the video (videos with 1-2h playtime).
But my previous phones were much worse (different OS, but still....Nexus S & Galaxy S Plus, both 512mb RAM).

Great. I have plans of buying the 925, its my first choice! And if my budget increases I'll go for the 1020 :)

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Great. I have plans of buying the 925, its my first choice! And if my budget increases I'll go for the 1020 :)

If you buy a 925 be aware that the backcover makes "clicking"/"Snapping" sounds as you press the corners (not all, there should only be one). Nokia knows about this. It's not that annoying but the only way to stop this is by using a case like this -> Quick review – Terrapin Hybrid Rubberized case for the Nokia Lumia 925 | Windows Phone Central

It also has less storage than the 920 (16GB -> 32GB) and feels more delicate, like you could break it more easily, compared to the 920.
Don't get me wrong, the 925 is a great device but personally I'd save up for the 930. The 925 is only a year old but a year is a long time when it comes to phones and other electronic stuff.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you buy a 925......other electronic stuff.

Ah thanks for your advices.

Ok if I buy a 925 I'll try to make sure it doesnt make a snapping sound; i don't wanna buy any covers for my phone, i think it ruins the whole beauty of a phone. And yes I'm aware that the 925 has less storage space, but for me 16gb is actually enough :/

The main reason why I wanna buy a 925 is it is very slim and looks sexy. It has a premium feel. I dig it man!
And about 930; if it is compared with the 925 it is a bit thicker and does not have glance screen! And its also more expensive! So nope, not going for the 930 :/ I know it has better everything else, but 925 will work :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ah thanks for your advices.

Ok if I buy a 925 I'll try to make sure it doesnt make a snapping sound; i don't wanna buy any covers for my phone, i think it ruins the whole beauty of a phone. And yes I'm aware that the 925 has less storage space, but for me 16gb is actually enough :/

The main reason why I wanna buy a 925 is it is very slim and looks sexy. It has a premium feel. I dig it man!
And about 930; if it is compared with the 925 it is a bit thicker and does not have glance screen! And its also more expensive! So nope, not going for the 930 :/ I know it has better everything else, but 925 will work :)

Another suggestion if you are fine with 6 inch devices you can go for lumia 1520 ;)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Haha too big man! :p I'll have trouble keeping it in my pocket :p And i live in a country where the roads are swarming with muggers all around...you know what I'm trying to say right :p

I got you here lol road in my country umm I should not say much :p btw I love drifting tehehe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs