Man saved by old Nokia Phone

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

A swedish man was saved after a severe car crash into the wooks because of his Nokia. Swedish magazine Aftonbladet writes this:

sune-mobil.jpg

"He was badly injured and trapped in his crashed car for two days .
But the father of three Sune ?sterdahl , 65, survived - thanks to his old cell phone. (Nokia)
- The only recall I have is that I meet a truck with a wide load , he says.

When Sune ?sterdahl never came home, his familiy started looking desperately along the roads.
His cell phone is an older model and the battery lasted two days. It was therefore his phone finally got pinged between the two masts in Svabensverk north of Falun.
There, he was finally rescued after two days.
A police patrol spotted a reflex from Sunes car 30-40 feet into the woods.
The workers had to cut up the roof to get him out.
He had suffered serious head and leg injuries.
- I'm coming around to when they cut up the roof of the car and could clearly state my name and when I was born for the rescue workers , he says.
In just over four months he has been in the hospital and stayed at a short-term accommodation .
Now, eight months after the accident, Sune on his way back to life.
- I turned 66 years on Friday, and could celebrate with going without a walker to my mailbox , he says."

Translated with Google translate, so forgive some grammar.

I'm a big fan of Nokia and have owned several Nokias, currently i own 1020 and love it. My battery record with it is almost 4 days, so I can feel safe if something similar would happen and my 1020 was in my pocket. They make amazing phones!

Link to article: Fastkl?md och skadad - trebarnspappan Sune ?sterdahl, 65, ?verlevde tv? dygn i skogen | Nyheter Feature | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone lasts about 4 hours.

I kind of miss my old Nokias. It would be neat to have it as a back up... well, if the sims fit. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit