Hello guys, I need your help with my Microsoft account..

Someone I know (ex coworker) has tried to change my password. That person knew my current password. Since then, I cannot install apps on my phone, I cannot check my email etc.. Biggest problem - I didn't enter valid info on the alternate email field.
    Today I gave up and tried to recover my account, but I failed with that too. What solutions do I have left? I am using this account on my phone since I bought it, and I really don't want to lose all my apps and notes.
    06-11-2014 08:14 AM
    Have you tried contacting support from Microsoft? Not sure how much help they would be but it is worth a shot.
    06-11-2014 08:19 AM
    Where should I contact their support? The thing is, I can't really prove that I'm the owner, so I'm wondering what will they ask me. Also, can they send me a code on my phone? (considering that I haven't previously entered my phone number)
    06-11-2014 08:24 AM
    If you can't prove you are the owner you might be out of luck. Hmmm have you tried doing this https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and selecting the bottom option? I was unable to find a contact for them.
    06-11-2014 09:45 AM
    I screwed up an account of mine a few years back. I even went to a higher level support and basically got told that it wasn't my account and it would close.

I learnt a valuable lesson that day after loosing all the years of data I had in that email. ALWAYS SUPPLY AN ALTERNATIVE EMAIL OR RECOVERY SYSTEM!

By the way, I'm still pissed about it.

Good luck, you'll need it. Also your ex-coworker is an complete jerk.
    06-11-2014 09:54 AM
    hello again, xboxonthego3, thank you for your answers. Unfortunately I have tried your suggestion - it asks me to verify my identity and it only gives my alternate email as an option (invalid email). If I click the "I don't use these anymore" option I am sent to a form with various questions, which I have tried my best to fill but without success (they said I didn't give enough information). I don't actually use or send emails from this account, so when they ask my last email's title I can't give it to them - same goes for folder names and credit card details...

I guess it's lost..

[EDIT]: N_LaRUE I know you are right, but I really wanted a fresh start when I created my account (together with the Windows 8 install), thinking I will finally get rid of my other addresses and their full of spam inboxes. Now I'm starting to regret my decision...
    06-11-2014 10:03 AM