FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
so it turned out to be 2-1 ..... in favor of Argentina. Bosnia was on the attack for most of the time and I thought they would of scored more than one goal but I guess it wasn't their game

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get to see the Argentina-Bosnia game. Sounded like it would have been worth the watch. I did see the France-Honduras and Switzerland-Ecuador games. France looked really good. if they continue to play like that, they could be the dark horse of the competition. I wish they would have awarded Benzema that goal so he could have had a hat-trick. He was superb and deserved it. Hate to say it, but Honduras were lucky to finish the game with 10 men. Some of their tackling was pretty horrendous. France did well not to get any serious injuries.

The finish to the Swiss-Ecuador game was hectic. End to end finale was pretty intense. Thought that Ecuadorian player should have shot earlier. Referee did well to allow the advantage to lead to the goal.

Really looking forward to the Germany-Portugal game now. I'm guessing 3-2 to Germany. A Goetze hat-trick since he is in my fantasy team ;)

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My reaction when I remember it's Germany vs Portugal tonight :3

meme.jpg

Goals from Ozil,Gotze and Ronaldo(maybe not ronaldo though :p )

Germany will win 2-1,my guess

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Pepe,seriously?Are you really that much of a sh#thead? -_-
I'm in complete favor of the referee's decision,extremely foul and disgusting play by Pepe -_-

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow. The Germans are rolling today! Didn't see this one coming for sure. The US must be excited. Portugal cannot afford any more goals...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Portugal is not playing well as they did with Scotland (5-1) ))

I didnt know Ozil plays in Germany. He is from Turkey though (origin)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
What Portugal's loss has to do with USA?. Im confused

This year's group of Death comprises of US, Ghana, Germany and Portugal. A loss for the Portuguese, especially if Germany drops 4-5 on them is helpful for the US on two levels:

1) Portugal needs 6 points - AKA two wins to qualify for the next round. They cannot concede many goals or else they can still get knocked out on goal difference.
2) If the US beats Ghana and Portugal, they would make the next round. This is why the US HAS to beat Ghana. A draw doesn't hurt but it surely doesn't help.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This year's group of Death comprises of US, Ghana, Germany and Portugal. A loss for the Portuguese, especially if Germany drops 4-5 on them is helpful for the US on two levels:

1) Portugal needs 6 points - AKA two wins to qualify for the next round. They cannot concede many goals or else they can still get knocked out on goal difference.
2) If the US beats Ghana and Portugal, they would make the next round. This is why the US HAS to beat Ghana. A draw doesn't hurt but it surely doesn't help.
well lets see how the US plays.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to say but in my opinion this was a really boring match.Extremely one-sided and Ronaldo looked like the only one playing in Protugal,the rest of the team were just so lazy,didn't look like they even wanted to play. :/
Yeah,Ronaldo didn't play exceptional as well but at least he was trying to score goals,the rest of the team looked like they wanted to go back to the dressing room as soon as possible. :/
The only excitement I saw today was Pepe getting a red card :p and Muller scoring a hattrick.
P.S:-Not to mention the referee getting hit by the ball twice.LMAO! xD

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it was a huge let down. Portugal were so focused trying to get the ball to Ronaldo. Nani had a great chance to go for goal himself, but instead he passes it to Ronaldo. Definition of a one man team. They looked hopeless. Pepe lost the plot and Coentrao is injured. 2nd place in that group looks up for grabs. Germany were comfortable in that game.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it was a huge let down. Portugal were so focused trying to get the ball to Ronaldo. Nani had a great chance to go for goal himself, but instead he passes it to Ronaldo. Definition of a one man team. They looked hopeless. Pepe lost the plot and Coentrao is injured. 2nd place in that group looks up for grabs. Germany were comfortable in that game.

Looks like Portugal and Spain have to get it together or won't pass the group stage

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism