07-14-2014 07:23 PM
509 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Yeah it was a huge let down. Portugal were so focused trying to get the ball to Ronaldo. Nani had a great chance to go for goal himself, but instead he passes it to Ronaldo. Definition of a one man team. They looked hopeless. Pepe lost the plot and Coentrao is injured. 2nd place in that group looks up for grabs. Germany were comfortable in that game.
    Looks like Portugal and Spain have to get it together or won't pass the group stage

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Completely agree with both of you. :D
    Btw,Iran vs Nigeria was a disappointing affair as well,too boring :(
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-16-2014 05:07 PM
    Wow really Ghana beats US in speed but the refs are going to mark offsides -.-
    06-16-2014 05:14 PM
    Yup the us is starting to waste time -.- come on.
    Anyways Ghana is putting lots of pressure on the us . I hope they score soon
    06-16-2014 05:23 PM
    Lol that kick 😹 he didn't reach the ball but he did hit Dempsey
    06-16-2014 05:34 PM
    I have a feeling the us is going to win this match. Gahna is getting good ball possession of the ball but is not making any goals . The us is Just defending. This is interesting
    06-16-2014 05:42 PM
    Wtf is Ghana doing . They have so many opportunities and yet they blow them all >:l

06-16-2014 06:30 PM
    O.o yup us is playing a lot better this time around . If they play like this they actually make it to the round of 16s.heheheh

06-16-2014 06:51 PM
    So much for the death group for the us.

06-16-2014 07:02 PM
    So, with the US win, is Portugal essentially in a -5 goal differential?
    06-16-2014 07:57 PM
    So much for the death group for the us.

The US isn't out of the woods yet. I'm curious to see who they play next. So far, this is the worst case scenario for Portugal. Going forward, they have to score goals and score to wipe out that goal difference. The fact that they didn't score against Germany was huge. Potentially I can see a situation where both the US and Portugal are tied on 5 points with the US moving on based on goal difference.

Overall a very interesting World Cup so far.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-16-2014 07:59 PM
    So, with the US win, is Portugal essentially in a -5 goal differential?
    Yes and no. Yes because what you said is correct. No it doesn't apply as yet because only one match has been played. Your point will hit home after everyone in the group has played two games.
    06-16-2014 08:03 PM
    'Murica. That is all.
    06-16-2014 08:12 PM
    The US isn't out of the woods yet. I'm curious to see who they play next. So far, this is the worst case scenario for Portugal. Going forward, they have to score goals and score to wipe out that goal difference. The fact that they didn't score against Germany was huge. Potentially I can see a situation where both the US and Portugal are tied on 5 points with the US moving on based on goal difference.

Overall a very interesting World Cup so far.

You can find out who they are playing next by using the interwebs. :P
    06-16-2014 08:13 PM
    Yes and no. Yes because what you said is correct. No it doesn't apply as yet because only one match has been played. Your point will hit home after everyone in the group has played two games.
    Their next match is against Portugal . So right now the us is a shoe in if they tie or win the game

06-16-2014 08:16 PM
    'Murica. That is all.
    I know right. The US team isn't the same team like years before but a team that can holds its own now . The us has a shot to make it to the round of 16 but not to the round of 8 ;)

06-16-2014 08:18 PM
    Then opefully at least a tie with Portugal on Sunday!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-16-2014 09:21 PM
    I know right. The US team isn't the same team like years before but a team that can holds its own now . The us has a shot to make it to the round of 16 but not to the round of 8 ;)

They'd probably have to get by Lionel Messi and Argentina. While that would be amazing, chances are they wouldn't.
    06-16-2014 09:22 PM
    They'd probably have to get by Lionel Messi and Argentina. While that would be amazing, chances are they wouldn't.
    Hmmmm if they make it to the round of 8th we will see :p

06-16-2014 09:27 PM
    Then opefully at least a tie with Portugal on Sunday!
    Oh, the two biggest group 2 matches: England vs Uruguay and US vs Portugal. Both Portugal and Uruguay NEED a win to stay alive. A draw for both those teams doesn't help. Italy is going to win the Group with England and Uruguay in it, and the Germans will win their group with the US. USA needs a tie and not to get blown out by the Germans to get to the knockout phase. I could see where if Ghana shocks Portugal and isn't hammered by Germany that they could sneak ahead of the US. Boy, the group of death just got even more interesting.

I think Mexico vs Brasil, Uruguay vs England and USA vs Portugal are the three must see games now in the second round of group play.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-16-2014 11:11 PM

You're still high on youthful exuberance, IMHO. The US team isn't deep enough to get to the round of 8. But, they could go on a surprise run...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-16-2014 11:13 PM
    You're still high on youthful exuberance, IMHO. The US team isn't deep enough to get to the round of 8. But, they could go on a surprise run...
    I didn't say they would make it to the round of 8th . I have a feeling they will make it to the round of 16.
    for me this is one interesting world cup because most of the teams that were the favorite to win lost. so Mexico has a chance to win against brazil
    06-16-2014 11:25 PM
    Oh, the two biggest group 2 matches: England vs Uruguay and US vs Portugal. Both Portugal and Uruguay NEED a win to stay alive. A draw for both those teams doesn't help. Italy is going to win the Group with England and Uruguay in it, and the Germans will win their group with the US. USA needs a tie and not to get blown out by the Germans to get to the knockout phase. I could see where if Ghana shocks Portugal and isn't hammered by Germany that they could sneak ahead of the US. Boy, the group of death just got even more interesting.

I think Mexico vs Brasil, Uruguay vs England and USA vs Portugal are the three must see games now in the second round of group play.
    I wonder how mexico will play because they wont have the rain agasint them and he same ref and as long as they don't play el chicharito they will do fine
    06-16-2014 11:32 PM
    Big win for the US. Scoring early and then the late winner was huge. Surely they have to fancy themselves for 2nd now.

Brazil-Mexico tonight looks like the game of the night. Looking forward to seeing Belgium play too since they have a pretty strong team.
    06-17-2014 05:01 AM
    Big win for the US. Scoring early and then the late winner was huge. Surely they have to fancy themselves for 2nd now.

Brazil-Mexico tonight looks like the game of the night. Looking forward to seeing Belgium play too since they have a pretty strong team.
    Yeah,I'll watch that match as well
    06-17-2014 06:49 AM
    Belgium!!!!!!!
    06-17-2014 10:27 AM
509 ... 34567 ...