FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow I never expected Spain to be so bad. Casillas has been getting a lot of blame, but I think the defence; and probably as a group, the outfield players are more to blame. They gave the ball away too often and they were caught out by the counter too quick so couldn't recover. Often times, Pique and Ramos were wildly out of position leaving huge gaps behind them. Even when they were in position, Robben completely outsprinted Ramos even when he had head start. That summed up his game. Further compounding their awful night, they were both beaten far too easily in their 1-on-1 battles. Shocking to see from the defending champions. Holland were great, but Spain were just pitiful and you could see they wanted the match to be over before the end.

Glad Robben scored some goals for my fantasy team. He could of had 3 with that insane volley that probably deserved a goal. It is no exaggeration to say this game could of eaily finished 7 or 8-1.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow I never expected Spain to be so bad. Casillas has been getting a lot of blame, but I think the defence; and probably as a group, the outfield players are more to blame. They gave the ball away too often and they were caught out by the counter too quick so couldn't recover. Often times, Pique and Ramos were wildly out of position leaving huge gaps behind them. Even when they were in position, Robben completely outsprinted Ramos even when he had head start. That summed up his game. Further compounding their awful night, they were both beaten far too easily in their 1-on-1 battles. Shocking to see from the defending champions. Holland were great, but Spain were just pitiful and you could see they wanted the match to be over before the end.

Glad Robben scored some goals for my fantasy team. He could of had 3 with that insane volley that probably deserved a goal. It is no exaggeration to say this game could of eaily finished 7 or 8-1.

Agreed with everything except your opinion about Casillas.I think Casillas did show poor keeping today specially on that back-pass and that cross from Sneijder which he could have saved.Surprisingly he didn't live up to his reputation in 1 on 1 as well considering how easily Robben was dodging him.But admittedly the save on that brilliant volley was just as good at the volley itself :D
But yes I agree with everything else that the defenders have to take the blame as well.It was not only the keepers fault.Robben easily outran everyone and we didn't see that flair from Spain which we usually do.They seemed very frustrated and couldn't seem to get anything right.
All in all a pitiful performance by Spain,I expect to see better football from them in the next match hopefully.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
So there are 6 WPCians who watch football now xD

Btw,main match of today(for me)
England VS Italy.Which will start after 13.5 hours.
It will be 3:00am in my country but guess I'll have to stay awake.Don't want to miss this math :'( :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo