FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it was a huge let down. Portugal were so focused trying to get the ball to Ronaldo. Nani had a great chance to go for goal himself, but instead he passes it to Ronaldo. Definition of a one man team. They looked hopeless. Pepe lost the plot and Coentrao is injured. 2nd place in that group looks up for grabs. Germany were comfortable in that game.

Looks like Portugal and Spain have to get it together or won't pass the group stage

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Completely agree with both of you. :D
Btw,Iran vs Nigeria was a disappointing affair as well,too boring :(

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling the us is going to win this match. Gahna is getting good ball possession of the ball but is not making any goals . The us is Just defending. This is interesting

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
o_O yup us is playing a lot better this time around . If they play like this they actually make it to the round of 16s.heheheh

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So much for the death group for the us.

The US isn't out of the woods yet. I'm curious to see who they play next. So far, this is the worst case scenario for Portugal. Going forward, they have to score goals and score to wipe out that goal difference. The fact that they didn't score against Germany was huge. Potentially I can see a situation where both the US and Portugal are tied on 5 points with the US moving on based on goal difference.

Overall a very interesting World Cup so far.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The US isn't out of the woods yet. I'm curious to see who they play next. So far, this is the worst case scenario for Portugal. Going forward, they have to score goals and score to wipe out that goal difference. The fact that they didn't score against Germany was huge. Potentially I can see a situation where both the US and Portugal are tied on 5 points with the US moving on based on goal difference.

Overall a very interesting World Cup so far.

You can find out who they are playing next by using the interwebs. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no. Yes because what you said is correct. No it doesn't apply as yet because only one match has been played. Your point will hit home after everyone in the group has played two games.

Their next match is against Portugal . So right now the us is a shoe in if they tie or win the game

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I know right. The US team isn't the same team like years before but a team that can holds its own now . The us has a shot to make it to the round of 16 but not to the round of 8 ;)

They'd probably have to get by Lionel Messi and Argentina. While that would be amazing, chances are they wouldn't.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Then opefully at least a tie with Portugal on Sunday!

Oh, the two biggest group 2 matches: England vs Uruguay and US vs Portugal. Both Portugal and Uruguay NEED a win to stay alive. A draw for both those teams doesn't help. Italy is going to win the Group with England and Uruguay in it, and the Germans will win their group with the US. USA needs a tie and not to get blown out by the Germans to get to the knockout phase. I could see where if Ghana shocks Portugal and isn't hammered by Germany that they could sneak ahead of the US. Boy, the group of death just got even more interesting.

I think Mexico vs Brasil, Uruguay vs England and USA vs Portugal are the three must see games now in the second round of group play.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know right. The US team isn't the same team like years before but a team that can holds its own now . The us has a shot to make it to the round of 16 but not to the round of 8 ;)

You're still high on youthful exuberance, IMHO. The US team isn't deep enough to get to the round of 8. But, they could go on a surprise run...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz