FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm relatively new to soccer (usually watch the WC and occasional EPL match), but I'm liking the discussion in this thread.

Picked up FIFA World Cup 2010 for the Xbox today too!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Croatia is playing well against Cameroon. 3-0 so that means el tri has to win or tie the next game for el tri to pass. Or at least that's how I have it understood

That's correct. A loss against Croatia and El Tri heads home. Funny enough many people picked brasil to win the group and Croatia to be in second place.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sahib, this is scary for me to say but...the US has an opportunity to play the Germans in the Quarterfinals...if I read the draw correctly. They would need to come second on the group and beat Belgium (projected Group H winner) in the round of 16, but it is set up that way with a weak *** Group H...

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Columbia have got one foot in the round of 16. Big win for them.

Big game coming up too. C'mon England! Rediscover that former glory!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
That's correct. A loss against Croatia and El Tri heads home. Funny enough many people picked brasil to win the group and Croatia to be in second place.

for sure I knew brazil was going to pass but it was iffy if it was either Croatia or mexico was going to pass. that means both teams have to play their best to pass

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Sahib, this is scary for me to say but...the US has an opportunity to play the Germans in the Quarterfinals...if I read the draw correctly. They would need to come second on the group and beat Belgium (projected Group H winner) in the round of 16, but it is set up that way with a weak *** Group H...

its ok .. no one thought it was possible for the US to be a challenge. I will have to see how the US plays against Portugal .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
you know all the big shot soccer players haven't left a mark in this world cup. I mean the only thing that people will remember is the goalie of Mexico. another one is how the US beat Ghana and how Spain got beat by Chile

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So gutted. Another game England should of at least got a draw. Good to see Rooney get a goal, but ultimately just a consolation. Too many wasted chances and poor defending.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So gutted. Another game England should of at least got a draw. Good to see Rooney get a goal, but ultimately just a consolation. Too many wasted chances and poor defending.

Cheer up. England has done the right thing and started the transition to get younger up front and in the midfield. Get some younger guys in the back end and groom them for Euro 2016 and they should be good for Russia in 2018.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077