FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Cheer up. England has done the right thing and started the transition to get younger up front and in the midfield. Get some younger guys in the back end and groom them for Euro 2016 and they should be good for Russia in 2018.

Yeah i agree. They looked good at times. I just feel like they could of got a result again. The team looks good for Euro 2016. Hopefully they continue to develop

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
That's 2 years from now D: so already Spain, Australia and England are eliminated oh and Cameroon

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i agree. They looked good at times. I just feel like they could of got a result again. The team looks good for Euro 2016. Hopefully they continue to develop

There is still much to play for. If England beats Costa Rica, they can end the World Cup on a very good note. They should still be motivated. If they can grow up defensively a little bit, they have a chance to beat Costa Rica.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
There is still much to play for. If England beats Costa Rica, they can end the World Cup on a very good note. They should still be motivated. If they can grow up defensively a little bit, they have a chance to beat Costa Rica.

I think they won't try because they could be like " what's the point we are already eliminated " but I want to see them give their fans a game :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think they won't try because they could be like " what's the point we are already eliminated " but I want to see them give their fans a game :)

If they quit, they all should be fired. Look what happened to the French team in the last World Cup. There is no reason for England not to play hard. Jamaica in 1998 got KILLED 7-0 by Argentina. Yet we won our last game 2-1. It was a good way to end our only appearance.

So yes, there is much to play for.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they need a bit of help, but there is still hope. Hopefully not a fool's hope ;)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like England are officially done for this years World Cup. Perhaps it is a good opportunity to field the team of the future and give their younger players some game time.

Italy were beyond poor today. I have never seen so many offsides in one game in my entire life. It was mind blowing. There were also some questionable decisions in the game. Overall though, Costa Rica deserved the win and fully deserve their place in the last 16.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
LOL,what's happening in this world cup? xD
Defending Champions out.Uruguay and Italy lose to Costa Rica.England out.Costa Rica currently topping their group,Spanish defending and keeping sub-par.What's more to come? xD

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Indeed there has been a few surprises. Even some of the scorelines have been mind blowing. 5-1 in the Spain-Ned game, 4-0 in the Ger-Por game. Curious to see if we'll get any more shocks like that

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
England are out......happy days 
Sent from my RM-994_eu_euro1_1129 using Tapatalk

Not for the English :winktongue: the group was pretty tough. I can see Uraguay taking the second spot now that Suarez is back. I wish Italy and Uraguay played like this against Costa Rica when they faced England. Would have made things easier ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Not for the English :winktongue: the group was pretty tough. I can see Uraguay taking the second spot now that Suarez is back. I wish Italy and Uraguay played like this against Costa Rica when they faced England. Would have made things easier ;)

We need to start giving Costa Roca credit for two very well played games.

Italy vs Uruguay is a ginormously huge game. Uruguay HAS to win to advance. Unless the English comes with a serious beat down, Costa Rica will win the group on goal difference. Best showing from CONCACAF since the US run to the Quarterfinals.

francisco velasquez

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Go Chile. We must beat the dutchs, we don't want to play against brazil, the ref and the fifa.
Nice to see concacaf teams doing ok. Though Croatia will beat M?xico.
Europeans, I only see Germany as a real threat.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Go Chile. We must beat the dutchs, we don't want to play against brazil, the ref and the fifa.
Nice to see concacaf teams doing ok. Though Croatia will beat M?xico.
Europeans, I only see Germany as a real threat.

I doubt Croatia beats El Tri - that's draw to me but Brasil still wins the group. The three big threats from Europe are Germany, France and the Dutch. Columbia is a real dark horse. Not sold on Costa Rica yet, because I'm yet to see what happens when Joe Campbell is contained and how they adjust to that.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
As a Liverpool fan, I know EXACTLY what Roy Hodgson is capable of. He has to go. But he won't. He'll be at Euro 2016, and he'll ruin England's chance of achieving anything there as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro