FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't follow soccer. What happens since there's a tie? Everyone is saying that this is the final score, but that would be utterly moronic to not have a tie breaker.

francisco velasquez

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
They were awesome. I believe Jurgen is changing US football to a next level, it will take some time but we can already see things getting better. It's not just about the final score, they are actually playing good from a tactical perspective.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't follow soccer. What happens since there's a tie? Everyone is saying that this is the final score, but that would be utterly moronic to not have a tie breaker.

Since it is still the group stage, both teams will get one point. Once the group stage is complete and if teams have equal points, the tie breaker will be the goal difference. In the event teams still share the same goal difference, I believe the next tie breaker is goals scored. In the knockout stages, if teams are tied, they go to extra time/over time. If they are still tied, then penalty shootouts.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Since it is still the group stage, both teams will get one point. Once the group stage is complete and if teams have equal points, the tie breaker will be the goal difference. In the event teams still share the same goal difference, I believe the next tie breaker is goals scored. In the knockout stages, if teams are tied, they go to extra time/over time. If they are still tied, then penalty shootouts.

If both teams got equal points and goal difference then the "tie breaker" is the result of the match between those teams :) If it was a "tie score" then there is a draw which decides who's in and who is out. :p That's what I've heard.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If both teams got equal points and goal difference then the "tie breaker" is the result of the match between those teams :) If it was a "tie score" then there is a draw which decides who's in and who is out. :p That's what I've heard.

That's an interesting approach. Must be a terrible way to go out :p

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ooh I forgot about the US-Portugal match. Tough break for the US to drop the points like that. They're looking like they can do some damage though. Will be interesting to see how they do against Germany.

Holland-Chile looks like an intriguing matchup. Hope it is an exciting game.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The US still has a VERY strong chance of making it to the next round, right?
Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah they still have a good chance. A minimum of a draw would be enough which could be possible against Germany, who I think are vulnerable on the counter attack. They could also still go through even if they lost based on goal difference.

Looks like Spain salvaged some pride today with a 3-0 win. Holland also clinched 1st in group B. Will be interesting to see who they face in the next round considering group A is still up for grabs.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Congrats Mexico! You were better than Croatia in second half! Our players scared, so World Cup adventure is over. :'(
Greetings from Zagreb!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Congrats to Mexico, shame on Rabic for his challenge on mexican player. I feel sorry for Croatia, its a good team, nobody knows what would happen if referee didn't help Brasil in the opening match...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good job, EL Tri. Nonone xpected any CONCACAF team to get into the knockout stage. If the US can handle their business, 3 of the 4 CONCACAF teams will have made the round of 16.

Croatia did well, but EL Tri took hold of their opportunities. People can cry over what ifs all they want, but Croatia was in the position with their destiny in their own hands and didn't deliver. Soccer is cruel that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05