FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad Holland won, but I feel bad for Mexico. That guy should've slide tackled there. It did more harm than good.
Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
What a match :D
Superb volley by Sneijder and a cooly taken penalty by Huntelaar.Both were almost unstoppable goals.Man!I love this Worldcup.I hope it never ends. :D Jk Jk :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
more and more its looking like Netherlands will win the world cup.
on the other hand USA is going to pass because Belgium had an easy group to make it in the round of 16

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
more and more its looking like Netherlands will win the world cup.
on the other hand USA is going to pass because Belgium had an easy group to make it in the round of 16

El Tri has nothing to he ashamed of with today's performance. They played well enough to win. The Dutch though have a lot of work to do. Robben was their best player. Van Persie was a no show. Sneider was a no show until the goal. Depuy was contained. The good thing is that they are into the Quarterfinals.

As for the US, Belgium is no cake walk even though they played just well enough to win an weak group. The US have to grind out a win today. They need two goals and not to concede the early goal. Score first and put the pressure on the Belgians.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
El Tri has nothing to he ashamed of with today's performance. They played well enough to win. The Dutch though have a lot of work to do. Robben was their best player. Van Persie was a no show. Sneider was a no show until the goal. Depuy was contained. The good thing is that they are into the Quarterfinals.

As for the US, Belgium is no cake walk even though they played just well enough to win an weak group. The US have to grind out a win today. They need two goals and not to concede the early goal. Score first and put the pressure on the Belgians.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

still wanted to see an upset to make everything much more interesting
with Belgium I think they made it though because they group wasn't as difficult as the other ones. sure they have to work now but I want to see that the Belgium's are a good team to bet USA

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
How about those Costa Rica penalties..5 for 5. That's how it's done ;)

I didn't get to watch the Holland-Mexico game, but I hear that there was some controversy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
But I wanted Greece to win,they were playing more exciting football ;_;

And yeah,Robben dived :p

Not sure what World Cup you were watching but of the final 16, Greece, Algeria (outside of the S. Korean match) and Belgium were playing the the most uninspiring football. The Greeks were doing just enough to win. At least with Costa Rica they were scoring early and trying to counter.

The Greeks had no excuse for letting it get to PKs with a man advantage. Costa Rica was better.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what World Cup you were watching but of the final 16, Greece, Algeria (outside of the S. Korean match) and Belgium were playing the the most uninspiring football. The Greeks were doing just enough to win. At least with Costa Rica they were scoring early and trying to counter.

The Greeks had no excuse for letting it get to PKs with a man advantage. Costa Rica was better.

You really misunderstood me.I said "exciting football" not "better football".In the last 45 minutes(including extra time),Greece were definitely creating most of the moves.And as far as I remember,I distinctly heard the commentator saying at 100th(or some time around) that Costa Rica had had 2 shots on target,whereas Greece had 10 shots on target.Granted,I didn't watch the full match but the time I saw the match(60th min to 120th min),Greece were definitely playing more exciting and attacking football,though the finishing quality was really poor.
Notice also that I said "I wanted Greece to win"(which is based on my personal opinion),I didn't say "Greece deserved to win."
Peace.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You really misunderstood me.I said "exciting football" not "better football".In the last 45 minutes(including extra time),Greece were definitely creating most of the moves.And as far as I remember,I distinctly heard the commentator saying at 100th(or some time around) that Costa Rica had had 2 shots on target,whereas Greece had 10 shots on target.Granted,I didn't watch the full match but the time I saw the match(60th min to 120th min),Greece were definitely playing more exciting and attacking football,though the finishing quality was really poor.
Notice also that I said "I wanted Greece to win"(which is based on my personal opinion),I didn't say "Greece deserved to win."
Peace.

I didn't misunderstood you at all - maybe you weren't reading my comments correctly. I watched the full game, for the record. Truth be told, Greece didn't play that exciting in the second half. They spent 60 minutes - which is the last 30 minutes in regular time and 30 minutes in extra time with a man advantage and scored 1 goal due to a defensive mix up on the 90th min. Shots on goal didn't matter as most of their stuff was high and wide. Navas had to make 5 saves that second half - two of which kept Costa Rica in the game.

In fact, Greece didn't play that exciting all World Cup. They were opportunistic. That's all. They didn't press home their man advantage and the guy who missed his PK did what all those who miss PKs do: not strike the ball confidently. Everyone who has ever done that stutter step moved has missed in all the PKs I've ever seen.

And for the record, no one challenged your personal opinion of "wanting to Greece to win," so I don't see why it was necessary to point that out. Overall it was an entertaining game, Costa Rica moved on because they were the better team who played well.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't misunderstood you at all - maybe you weren't reading my comments correctly. I watched the full game, for the record. Truth be told, Greece didn't play that exciting in the second half. They spent 60 minutes - which is the last 30 minutes in regular time and 30 minutes in extra time with a man advantage and scored 1 goal due to a defensive mix up on the 90th min. Shots on goal didn't matter as most of their stuff was high and wide. Navas had to make 5 saves that second half - two of which kept Costa Rica in the game.

In fact, Greece didn't play that exciting all World Cup. They were opportunistic. That's all. They didn't press home their man advantage and the guy who missed his PK did what all those who miss PKs do: not strike the ball confidently. Everyone who has ever done that stutter step moved has missed in all the PKs I've ever seen.

And for the record, no one challenged your personal opinion of "wanting to Greece to win," so I don't see why it was necessary to point that out. Overall it was an entertaining game, Costa Rica moved on because they were the better team who played well.

:eck: You still didn't understand what I meant and I really don't want to drag this topic more so just let it go.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
France!!! I doubt that Algeria will win against Germany, so we're going to have a good match in 1/8 of tournament! France vs. Germany.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
wow, I'm surprised with Algerian team, they are really tough and well-organized. :p

Yeah they gave the Germans a really hard time. The Germans look incredibly vulnerable to the counter-attack and balls over the top of the defence. Looks like it could be their downfall. Neuer bailed them out with some gambles off the line. The Algerians worked really hard and had some chances to win the game themselves.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Drmic had a great opportunity to get the Swiss a goal but he comes up with a garbage attempt of a chip. Not enough facepalms for him :eck: The Argentinians looked pretty lacklustre with only Messi driving the team.

Bring one the Belgium-USA game. Hopefully it is more entertaining than the earlier game today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)