FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
How many of you are watching the Football WorldCup? :D

Many,I bet. :D

So how about a discussion thread related to matches the matches played everyday? ;)
(I searched WPC but couldn't find any similar thread so made this one.If there is already a thread like this,please point me in the direction :) )

Ok,so I'll begin ;)
The first half of the opening match Brazil Vs Croatia is over.
Scoreline:Bra 1-1Cro
Owngoal by Marcelo and a stunning goal by 22 year old Neymar.
A very interesting half in my opinion and my prediction about the final scoreline is
Bra 3-1 Cro
and I expect goals from Neymar and Dani Alves.

What are your opinions and prediction? :smile:

P.S:-If there are no similar thread like this,let's please try and keep this one active :cool:

See ya!Off to watch the second half! :excited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I knew there had to a thread about it :p ...... though I feel bad for Croatia because they lost to the home team :( and looks like you were right with your prediction ..3-1 :p

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I knew there had to a thread about it :p ...... though I feel bad for Croatia because they lost to the home team :( and looks like you were right with your prediction ..3-1 :p

Haha,yeah.Nice to see you again man :)

Yeah,3-1.Goal by Neymar but not by Daniel Alves.Oscar instead! :D
Brazil really deserved to win but that penalty was not legit in my opinion.Blatant dive. :/
A great match overall.Better luck next time Croatia (y) :D

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Haha,yeah.Nice to see you again man :)

Yeah,3-1.Goal by Neymar but not by Daniel Alves.Oscar instead! :D
Brazil really deserved to win but that penalty was not legit in my opinion.Blatant dive. :/
A great match overall.Better luck next time Croatia (y) :D

there was an article on bing news about the "controversial win " over Croatia. im not sure if the ref was paid or just not doing a good job because some were late calls or missed calls

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
there was an article on bing news about the "controversial win " over Croatia. im not sure if the ref was paid or just not doing a good job because some were late calls or missed calls

Yeah,thanks.Just read it.Nice article (y)
And I was just about to say that the reaction by the keeper was a bit late in Oscar's goal but oh well..maybe he really was "shell-shocked" :p
Btw seen this yet? ;) :eek: Octopus John xD

lol.jpg

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Not bad for an opening game. I also don't think it was a penalty. The defender had his hand on him but he didn't pull him back with any real force, at least not that much force that it would cause him to go down the way he did. Very cheap penalty. Over the course of the game though I felt Brazil showed the attacking intent consistently and deserved the win. Croatia were only able to push forwards in bursts, but they had some good chances to nick a result.

I'm looking forward to the Spain vs Holland game tonight. I'm leaning towards a draw but would like to see a Holland win. Spain have been hogging all the glory :p

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Not bad for an opening game. I also don't think it was a penalty. The defender had his hand on him but he didn't pull him back with any real force, at least not that much force that it would cause him to go down the way he did. Very cheap penalty. Over the course of the game though I felt Brazil showed the attacking intent consistently and deserved the win. Croatia were only able to push forwards in bursts, but they had some good chances to nick a result.

I'm looking forward to the Spain vs Holland game tonight. I'm leaning towards a draw but would like to see a Holland win. Spain have been hogging all the glory :p

Yeah,Brazil whole-heartedly deserved that win,but the way Fred fell down was as if the defender had ripped off his arm xD
Yes,waiting anxiously for Spain VS Netherland,but I want Spain to win.
My prediction SPAIN 2-1NETHERLANDS ;)

Goals from Iniesta,Torres and Robben ;)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Lol yeah. I wish they would clamp down harder on this play acting. It has really put me off football in recent times. I want to see fair, physical battles. Not players tumbling down at the slightest breeze, or faking injury only to be sprinting the next second.

Yup hope Robben scores, I have him in my fantasy football team. If anyone scores for Spain, it better be David Silva ;)

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
For the first match of today about to commence after 2 hours and 30 mins.I expect a rather slow paced match ending with 1-1.
Goals scored from Dos Santos(Mexico) and Eto'o(Cameroon)

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
There are just moments when referees want to be the center of attraction -_- #NoOffsides
Btw Mexico scored but not Dos Santos :p

P.S:-Are we the only WPCians who watch football? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3