About the WPCentral app...

Tyler Swindell

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok so with 8.1, is this app going to be rewritten from scratch to be a universal app? Because it seems its a Silverlight app and they tend to have tons of performance issues. Plus, Silverlight apps look really big on the Lumia 1520, and universal WinRT apps are DPI-aware afaik. So what's the deal? What should we expect for this app?

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Afaik Daniel Rubino teased that the new version of the app will be optimized for FullHD displays like the lumia 1520. The new version should be released within the next view weeks.
Personally I don't think that the app will be completely rewritten,but you never know.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure but I think I remember seeing a forum post by Jay Bennett saying that it would be completely rewritten.

Tyler Swindell

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I know they have an app for Windows 8, I don't think it has the amount of functionality as this app. But I would rather them work on a WinRT app that has better performance and looks better on a large screen device. Adapting a Silverlight app to a large screen device wouldn't be as good, I've seen how the Xbox Music app looks nicer now on large screen devices but parts of it like the song lists still look big and I think that's because they are changing it to look good, it won't look good already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss