Nokia ZLauncher!

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So after Microsft bought NOKIA, everybody thought Nokia is gonna leave smartphone market, well guess what?!, Nokia Technologies has released a launcher called 'Z Launcher' for phones running on Android OS. It works a lot like old Nokia's Asha Fastlane feature. So it is defnite that they will come back at 2016 with new devices. Google 'Z Launcher' and you will find a website by nokia specially dedicated to this.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Definite?

Not if Nokia is doing well in all their software (which this Z-Launcher you speak of is most probably a part of), mapping tech, and business solutions are doing great money.

There is so much less overhead in those enterprises than there is in the phone industry: The hardware, the supply lines, the personnel, the taxation problems in the different countries (do we need to go back to India?), and research and development investments.

I think you may be a little excited for no reason. But hey: Hope is free. Enjoy.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Ha ha right, may be I'm hoping too much..Instead of a new phone, may be they will come up with a new OS since Brook Eaton, the lead product manager of Nokia's emerging platforms group stated "At the end of the day, we're now able to explore new ways to get to market, which we didn't have to first deliver in house," Eaton says. "We're unhandcuffed.".

That unhandcuffed word says a lot about Mr.Elop(MS) and his ideas i think. And guess what, this Android launcher works a lot like Nokia Asha's fastlane feature.
When talking about India's tax issues, our authorities and Nokia screwed up it together. They broke the law and did whatever they wanted for 5 years or so. All these time Income tax department was sleeping and one morning they showed up at nokia's doorstep and asked for a really ridiculous amount.

One more thing i would like to mention, India's Nokia plant got closed and so many people lost their jobs. But after finalizing the deal with MS, the original Nokia is now helping those people through a program called 'bridge' to get new jobs. They are even training them through some collaboration. So who was the real villain?? :smile:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, make no mistake- I wasn't accusing anyone in the taxation mess. I know the basics, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with our tax code (all 73,000+ pages of it) here in the U.S. to be passing judgment anywhere else in the world. I have always figured it was a combination of Nokia trying to maybe take a small loophole and make it huge and the Government trying to close a loophole and squeeze the crud out of the company.

Yes, I did know Nokia was helping former employees find jobs. Classy company I wish nothing but the best for. Makes me happy to have purchased one of their phones and supporting them

Maybe an OS development will fit them perfect. That would fit their new software focus perfectly. And over 2 years to develop it.

Hmmmmmm.......

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It isn't that bad as a launcher. I have it on my Z Ultra and it works ok. Would love to see some features added to it for sure. Just another option in the android world of launchers at the end of the day.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6