Pono Player

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting on paper, but to me the things that defeat it:

* strange prism-shaped design
* 128GB is not all built-in storage
* the screen is touch but won't have a virtual keyboard for searching, only scrolling through(think iPod Classic interface)
* no integration with 3rd party music services(XBox Music, Google Music, Spotify, etc...)
* no digital assistant to drive navigation/playback

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's a music player device promising better sound quality (like an iPod, but Toblerone-shaped). They've done a deal to get some high-quality recordings available for their store too. I'm interested in it, but I'll wait for 2nd gen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's a music player device promising better sound quality (like an iPod, but Toblerone-shaped). They've done a deal to get some high-quality recordings available for their store too. I'm interested in it, but I'll wait for 2nd gen.

A link would have been a nice touch. PONO

I get this is the off topic lounge and all but what's got to do with WP or MS? And since it appears to be it's own music service and device, why would it have integration with other services anyway?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It is an interesting idea to me. cnet's Steve Guttenburg wrote an interesting piece where he discussed the lack of truly high definition content available for the player: Neil Young's reality distortion field - CNET

I really like music, but convenience is nearly always more important than quality. I have really good headphones, but I usually listen through some mediocre earbuds on the go. I can hear the lack of depth on some highly compressed music, but I don't download FLAC files and I want as much music available on my phone as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077