beginning to doubt to switch to iOS again

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I came from iOS before i decided that i wanted to try windows phone, its been over a year ago now and i really do love WP8[.1] but i'm beginning to doubt to go back now my phone is slowly giving its spirit..

I really love windows phone and its unique feel and look, but the bugs, bad support and better apps on other platforms are really getting to me [even MSFT apps are better on iOS/android]

I might decide to buy the 930 or i would go for the iphone 5/6, i'm really not sure what to do...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, no OS is for everyone, we all value different things and have different experiences.

I personally found it to be the least buggy, but the next guy, not so much.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll work for you, good luck!

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone is getting better but is still needs alot of work. If you are tired of waiting perhaps iOS is better for you. But stay tune to WP news. I believe WP will continue getting better and better.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is getting better but is still needs alot of work. If you are tired of waiting perhaps iOS is better for you. But stay tune to WP news. I believe WP will continue getting better and better.

Good advice right here! If you're questioning sticking with WP, you probably won't be satisfied if you do. Going back to iOS and keeping an eye on WP is probably your best option right now. Maybe by the time you're ready to replace your next iPhone, WP will be mature enough for you.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It really is dependant on how you use your phone. If you want apps and miss them, then yes you should truly consider going back to iOS. No matter how hard MS works on getting developers to work on WP support, catching up to iOS and Android in pure volumn of apps is just unlikely. By the time WP hits 750,000 apps, iOS and Android will be pushing 1.2 or 1.5 million each. By the time WP hits a million, the other two will be over 1.5 million. Wp will never really close that gap, even if they close the "holes" in their app selection.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Good advice right here! If you're questioning sticking with WP, you probably won't be satisfied if you do. Going back to iOS and keeping an eye on WP is probably your best option right now. Maybe by the time you're ready to replace your next iPhone, WP will be mature enough for you.
Yeah i was thinking about this, but i don't buy phones every six months so if i go back it will take some time before i get back to WP again..

My problem is that i really love the community and the OS in concept [execution is sometimes lacking but understandable] and also the lack of quality apps.

Im not an gigantic app guy but if i buy an app or even get one for free i want it to be good. 90% of all free apps are add supported and/or crappy.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It really is dependant on how you use your phone. If you want apps and miss them, then yes you should truly consider going back to iOS. No matter how hard MS works on getting developers to work on WP support, catching up to iOS and Android in pure volumn of apps is just unlikely. By the time WP hits 750,000 apps, iOS and Android will be pushing 1.2 or 1.5 million each. By the time WP hits a million, the other two will be over 1.5 million. Wp will never really close that gap, even if they close the "holes" in their app selection.

I still got some apps i payed for in the Apple Appstore, but i found 90% of all apps on WP [it being 3rd party if not official] But the quality reminds me of having some 1 dev jailbreak apps on my old iphone

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I still got some apps i payed for in the Apple Appstore, but i found 90% of all apps on WP [it being 3rd party if not official] But the quality reminds me of having some 1 dev jailbreak apps on my old iphone

Quality takes time also. You can't compare WP to iOS and Android. Those platforms have mature over the years.

Just rrecently we are starting to see better quality apps since the released of the SDK 8.1.

But be assured that quality will improve going forward.

Take a look at the newer apps you will notice the difference in quality compare to last year apps.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if iOS has better developers. I do know their apps look better and have more functionality than the same Android or WP version. If MS knows they can't catch up in sheer numbers, they need someone to review apps before they're published. There is no QC going on or they simply don't care.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if iOS has better developers. I do know their apps look better and have more functionality than the same Android or WP version. If MS knows they can't catch up in sheer numbers, they need someone to review apps before they're published. There is no QC going on or they simply don't care.
They do review apps but you can't refuse an app just because you think its ****ty

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Quality takes time also. You can't compare WP to iOS and Android. Those platforms have mature over the years.

Just rrecently we are starting to see better quality apps since the released of the SDK 8.1.

But be assured that quality will improve going forward.

Take a look at the newer apps you will notice the difference in quality compare to last year apps.
That's also the reason I'm doubting, I mean... I've been waiting for a while now (inb4:lyrics of an song)

But iI agree that newer apps seem better overall, the one guy that stands out is ofc Rudy with on par iOS quality and the best understanding of the design language.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro